Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

Pleasant Vibes from the Party Garage - Full 33 map community megawad - Now on IDGAMES!!

Well, this ended up being one big report. My apologies :P Mostly multiplayer/ZDaemon issues but there seems to be a little bit of everything.

MAP02:
    - DeepSea nodes are not supported in ZDaemon so the map can't be played without rebuilding the nodes
    - Not even sure why but the exit is very loud in ZDoom-based ports, particularly in ZDaemon even with a low number of sound channels. Lowering the number of Romero's heads should help with that.
MAP04:
    - The hidden way (line 6328) to get out of the secret can cause some confusion, particularly in multiplayer. For context, multiplayer softlocks are very common so players are used to them. A player arriving to the secret to find what looks like a non-functioning teleporter (sector 888) is likely to just assume it was a W1 teleporting line so especially if the first player in there dies to archvile it's bound to lead to players thinking they're stuck.
MAP06:
    - crossing line 7422 closes access to the yellow card blocking players from progressing
    - crossing line 8908 closes access to the yellow card too with the sector 1310, tag 26
    - a player could get stuck by getting launched by an archvile into sector 1382
    - With infinitely tall actors disabled (which is virtually always the case for PWAD coop/survival ZDaemon servers) an archvile could also get you stuck in sector 1371 and behind many of the trees in sector 1001. It would be best to add impassable lines around all the outer trees in this area to address this.
    - a box of shells (thing 665) seems to be inaccessible without gliding
    - some misalignements on and around sector 658
    - slime trail coming from vertex 870
MAP09:
    - the final area is closed with bars (sector 120, tag 22) and there's a HOM on these bars if viewed from outside this area
MAP10:
    - players can't go back if they forget the blue skull near the start and will get stuck in the blue/red bars area
MAP12:
    - sector 2134 (bars, tag 114) will close the path to the red skull area
MAP13:
    - misalignements on lines 946 and 948
MAP15:
    - crossing line 7224 closes the start area with sector 1689, tag 31
    - crossing line 7695 closes the access to the lift (sector 1706) with bars (sector 624, tag 35)
    - a bridge (sector 1237) lowers after one of the tag 13 lines is crossed which makes other players unable to progress and it's also possible to get stuck by falling into the space where the bridge was
MAP16:
    - sector 915 (tag 58) will close the path to the red skull area
    - Scrolling lines shorter than 22 units scroll floors very slowly in ZDaemon. Lines 397 and 4362 are only 16 units long.
MAP17:
    - this map uses boom's Transfer Heights (242) and it makes the sprites flicker in ZDaemon (only in yellow skull area)
MAP19:
    - archvile can launch players outside of the playing area and get them stuck
MAP20:
    - line 874 is a S1 teleport
    - lines 1434/1435/1436/1437 are W1 teleports
    - it's a bit confusing that to progress a player needs to enter a teleporter in what looks like a death pit that you can't see the bottom of from above (without freelook), more so in multiplayer (see note above about players being used to maps being stuck in multiplayer)
    - there's a small misalignement on lines 1332, 1333 and 1336 in relation to line 1318
    - more obvious misalignements on lines 250 and 350
MAP21:
    - There's a node builder error somewhere near a demon (thing 131). Rebuilding the nodes should fix it.
MAP22:
    - bars (sector 1985, tag 52) will close the path to sector 1972 blocking players from progressing
    - sector 1943 will rise, blocking the players from getting the red skull
MAP23:
    - the map doesn't have a BLOCKMAP lump which can cause some issues loading it in some source ports
    - ideally a single player shouldn't be able to make the decision to skip the map in multiplayer (especially on a public server). I think you could just mark the teleport destination (thing 2657) as singleplayer-only
    - sector 683, tag 15 will raise blocking the path for the players outside
    - sector 1887, tag 52, will raise blocking access to sector 3114
    - All the textures with text are broken in ZDaemon because it doesn't correctly support textures with dimensions that are not a power of 2. This is an issue in some other maps as well and I normally wouldn't even report this but in this case the textures contain text that's meant to be read and the transparent background should avoid the usual problems when in comes to resizing textures.
    - boom_compatible had this idea of adding teleporters that become accessible after one player successfully completes each platforming section. Apparently many players didn't really appreciate those :P
MAP24:
    - slime trail coming from vertex 5436
MAP27:
    - bars will close the entrance of the "house" and players outside will miss some weapons if someone dies inside the house before open the path again
    - the red door is D1 and will close again
    - possible to get stuck behind sectors 1069 and 1071 (while standing in sector 920 to avoid taking damage)
MAP28:
    - Players inside the building at the start get stuck after line 132 is crossed. Door actions on lines 60 and 135 would help.
MAP29:
    - seems like the exit switch (line 1680) is misaligned
MAP33:
    - After a player uses the 3 keys sector 61 (tag 24) will go down opening the path. When a player enters sector 238, sector 61 will be raised again blocking players from progressing.
    - there are two player 2 starts and no player 3 starts (this results in a voodoo doll)
    - if a player blocks sector 61 from fully rising the next event (press all 4 SW) will not lower this "busy" sector

As usually, big thanks to boom_compatible. Most of these reports are from him.

@Keyboard_Doomer thank you for the very in-depth report. I passed it along to the other mappers

I was about to bump this thread myself but I'm still going to

Here is the map 10 video with @Dusty_Rhodes

2 hours ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Thanks for having me on Clippy! 

Hey thanks for coming on and making cool map - I really do want a sandwich now - top notch doom cute

V7.4 is here with slight updates to maps 16 22 33 -

also here is a vid of map 11! Thanks for coming along @evil_scientist and making a fun little party map - nifty atmosphere - good times

Super awesome map by @HALFCOOL ! Amazing design - crazy fights - doom cute up the wazoo and some amazing dogs to hang out with - surperb atmosphere and great stuff !

V 7.42 - fix to map 07 in an obscure softlock if you were unfortunate enough to find it lol

map 22.

Why does it seem like there are zero indications/prompts of finding a way to get to the secret teleporter near exit?

I also have an issue with that, resulting with half the enemy count alive.

Need help with it

On 3/29/2023 at 3:02 PM, Mr. Meanor said:

map 22.

Why does it seem like there are zero indications/prompts of finding a way to get to the secret teleporter near exit?

I also have an issue with that, resulting with half the enemy count alive.

Need help with it

Hey buddy thanks for playing. 

I'll admit that secret is super illusive but not impossible, not sure how best to light the way for you : ill let @Valhen weigh in 

Anywho it is OPTIONAL but as a completionist myself sometimes ... I get it haha 

Feel free to look under the hood 

And thanks so much for giving this set a whirl!

Here is @Worriedidiot map 14

Lol nice smiley av 

Cool map getting Rav reviews good times. 

A short one. Stay tuned for more! 

Had a lot of fun with this really cool map by @Kan3 - cool secrets atmosphere and ideas - wonderful stuff - a bit tricky blind but once you get it you got it - monsters flying on conveyors and a big hand laying down some smackeroonies - what else could you ask for?

Bonus levels next

2 hours ago, Clippy said:

what else could you ask for?

We did also wake up the dormant spirits of the ancient smackeroonies temple! 

Hey guys hey

New version 7.43  - minor slime trail fix map 24 -- looking pretty fine tuned now - still have more maps to record in my vid series - once that done some day ID GAMES!

thanks all

Looks neat!

How many custom enemies are and what are they replacing? I have noticed some in the trailer, but the OP does not seem to list them.

We're back again this time in the bonus map with @Portponky 

Very fun map with some very hard fights but clever concepts and ideas. One of the most elaborate and awesome secrets ever & and some lore about the map and why it was made the way it was. I don't even think we covered it all but it was fun lol 

Map 32 with @Dannarchy - really fun bonus map that has some pretty cool automap visuals. Look at those hand-drawn and not traced skulls. So cool! 

V 7.47 is a slight enhancement to map 33 - thanks to our mechanic @Large Cat for enhancing a monster closet for maximum performance and making a trap less escapy lol

good times

will demo this map on fried chicken friday

Amazing map by @azerty (NilsQ) which has been updated since I played it - great stuff! I love that this wasnt even on the list of maps to be made but happened anyway lol

Met up with @Peccatum Mihzamiz to record and talk about Map 16 - wonderful map full of doomcute and things to see - music is perfect too haha - who wants to go sumo wrestling?

Alright I finally made it to my own map lol - my wife who came up with all these map names actually visited for this one but I botched the audio a bit, but on the plus side I actually beat me own map without dying lol

good times

Map 20: That was a Close one by @TwelvNighn - it actually was a close one for me! Nice little map with some doom cute and wacky stuff that thankfully gives a bit of a break between some really hard maps hehe

Map 21 by @Walter confetti very clever use of provided map name short and sweet. Great doomcute and design fun times 

Maps get crazier after this lol 

Map 22 by @Valhen

With a visit by @Large Cat

Isn't that weird

this is the map name and but was it used to its full potential lol

This is where the party garage maps get harder - half of the monsters are hidden in a secret fight which I will let the player figure out - but secrets revealed and crazy times

this map is super challenging - good luck!

Insanely cool map by @Large Cat 

Above and beyond the scope of receiving the title "yup!" To work with 

There is a lot of stuff to explore here and wacky encounters too good luck!!