Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ghetto

Favorite Berserk Moment?

Who has a good Berserk story? Get a good kill? Been killed?

My favorite berserk moment was when my friend Berseked my homie into a teleporter. It was funny.

I beat e1m8 on ultra violence with only my (non-berserk) fist. I got 100% kills.

I berserk-fisted somebody in DM, I forgot who. Heh, then I was rocket-raped. Note to self : never run around with a fist in non 1on1 >_<

Once I picked up a berzerk pack for the first time playing without god mode, and I got 100 health. I was like 'woah'.

I remember I cheated and beserked my way all the through E1 on UV. Needless to say, it definetely took more than one try.

This one is really embarrassing, but oh well. My brother and me were playing on my home network, and at a time I was standing atop a teleporter. The teleporter to my position was closeby, so when I punched my brother, his corpse blasted away, INTO the teleporter, so I got telefragged by his splattered corpse! That was funny!

Heh, it was like 2 weeks of playing back in '94 before I realised the berserk pack gave you strength as well as being a mega medkit.

Anyway, gibbing a chaingunner is always fun.

The best shit I ever saw, was on some map on our old bbs that had like 50 berserk paks in it. And every one who was deathmatching was using the fist... It reminded me of a drunkin bar fight..! haha

Vulg@r said:

I beat e1m8 on ultra violence with only my (non-berserk) fist. I got 100% kills.

That must have taken way more time than it's worth.

Best berzerk moment was when I found out that it refilled your life. I thought it only increased your strength. Second best is when I found out it lasts for the whole level.

Assmaster said:

That must have taken way more time than it's worth.

It took about, oh say, 45 minutes. The bragging rights were worth it. :D

Berserks the best weapon! It gives a whole new life to wads youve played to death :)

I remember first being hooked on berserk when playing e4m2, and running out of ammo at the end where all the cacodemons are. I was surrounded by about 5 or so, killed three and seriously injured the fourth before they could put me down. That was before I even knew about the mouse :). I know it can be easily bettered nowadays, but that was my first beserker rush so its my fave

Since then whenever I get a berserk I have to stay true to it and go on a berserker rampage. I mean its just so much fun to watch zombiemen splatter for 20 yards when you hit them :)

Vulg@r said:

I once began to try and beat maps with only the unpowered fists but I eventually lost my patience - it's too boring to be worth it and since I hate braggers, I usually try not to become one myself (so the bragging right is no motivation for me).

(Sometimes, however, I do end up doing some bragging about something).

Well, Killing the two Born Of Hell in the fist epasode of doom 1 with berserk fist. It was the second time I played throught the epasode. The funny things is a dident cheat. It took a long time.

Demons Hand said:

Well, Killing the two Born Of Hell in the fist epasode of doom 1 with berserk fist. It was the second time I played throught the epasode. The funny things is a dident cheat. It took a long time.

you cheated!

Demons Hand said:

NO!NO! NO! I just got behind them. I died about 100 time before I before I pulled it off.

I don't doubt that, but there is no berserk in e1, so you must at least have used idbeholdb to get it :P

I tried to kill the cyberdemon in Tower of Babel in the PSX version entirely with an un-berserked fist. I got the pattern down pretty well...though it's kind of tough to dodge volley after volley of rockets. I got pretty far, probably one or two BFGs worth of life off of him but then he finally splattered me. : / I went through the game trying to see what enemies I could kill entirely with a normal fist:

Trooper: Yes - Pain Elemental: Yes
Sergeant: Yes - Lost Soul: Yes
Commando: Yes - Hell Knight: Yes
Imp: Yes - Baron of Hell: Yes
Demon: Yes - Archvile: No
Specter: Yes - S.S. Man: Yes
Cacodemon: Yes - Cyberdemon: Kinda
Revenant: Yes - Spider Demon: No
Mancubus: No - Player: No
Arachnotron: No

When you know all the levels well and it seems like you've done everything, the final frontier in Doom is trying to Tyson every demon without berserk. At least in plain vanilla Doom/Doom II

Chainsawing someone to death who was trying to berserk punch me to death. I just sawing him in the sides and backing away when he'd turn to face me and punch me. I don't recommend attempting this in a port with client prediction over the internet. While someone appears to still be facing away, they may actually be looking right at you.

Jumping into a 4 or 5 player map32 deathmatch on csDoom or ZDaemon late and berserk punching people to death like mad whether they were using the SSG or BFG, it didn't matter. Jumped up to second place before it ended and had streaks of at most 8 skills in a row between getting killed.

People might be interested to know that in Ultimate Doom, E1M1 has a berserk pack on skills 1-3 in multiplayer.

Is it possible to berserk a arachnotron? every time I get close its plasmafire pushes me away :-(

I'm pretty sure it can be done to all other monsters, although the SMM must be very difficult.

m0l0t0v said:

Is it possible to berserk a arachnotron? every time I get close its plasmafire pushes me away :-(

I'm pretty sure it can be done to all other monsters, although the SMM must be very difficult.

The SMM and the arachnotron have a sort of "personal space" bubble that you can't enter. So it's next to impossible to punch them. I'd say about maybe 1 in 7 punches are successful. And, by then, you're dead.

That's just because the sprite and the cube that makes up the thing are not the same size... if you learn to stand at the appropiate distance you can punch them, but it's harder than against monsters with more accurate sizes.

It's actually quite easy to kill an Arch-Vile with berserk, once you get close enough that is. Since he has no melee attacks, you can just punch him without worrying about claws or whatever. When he starts his attack, he remains stationary, giving you a perfect, albeit somewhat short, opportunity to get in a few licks before he releases his attack. I would hit him once or twice, then duck behind something, and go back and do it again until he dies. It works best in small areas or around doorways where both of you can't fit through the door at the same time.

For some classic berserk moments, try this. The first level of my first wad is a chainsaw/berserk map, which can be good for berserk moments as well.

Punching a baron to death is still the best moment for me. Speed demons
(demons with -fast) are great as well.

And punching a barrel into a group of zombies/imps a few hundred units away is fun...

Wow, I looked a those screenshots and I'm pretty impressed. For a first wad, that's really good.

When i found out you can gib infantrymen with the beserkfist, on top of that i did it AFTER the red screen had faded and hit him by accident