Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stealthy Ivan

Ahh... I need help.... I think?

I have been editing levels for some years now, and I always have used a combo of deep/deepsea, and deutex36. Now I have downloaded the new version of deepsea, and im not really happy... Does any one know of a better editor, that might be free???
If its not free then oh well, I just hope the shareware does not limit you... :(

Torn said:

Wad author, simple, fast and good :)

WadAuthor is simple, fast, and good. But it is not free.

Stealthy Ivan said:

Does any one know of a better editor, that might be free?

You're going to be very hard-pressed to find a free editor that's better and more versatile than DeepSea. Having said that, however, XWE is free, quite good, and has varying level of support for many games. It lacks documentation, but the author, Csabo, answers questions on this forum.

ReX said:

WadAuthor is simple, fast, and good. But it is not free.

Well, it is free if you reinstall it every time your trial period ends. (and you don't have to overwrite wads, etc to do so, just necessary files)

DooMBoy said:

I'd have to agree with ReX, go try out DeePSea.

Thanks DoomBoy, but for whatever reason he doesn't like the "new" version - although I am interested in the reason (or he could email me). OTOH, he could stick with the "old" version?

I've made the resolution requirements higher as time went by. 1024x768 and higher is preferred, lowest is 800x600. Running at a lower res gives the impression of "bulk" I suppose?

More so since the dialogs have been combined so that more can be done in a single dialog (much faster), hence they are also a bit larger. But like I've said before, people don't like change - even if it's something they already use:) I remember when I first started DOS DeeP I got a whole bunch of complaints from DEU users that it wasn't like DEU. That was the point!:)

I have been a deep user for years, the program is really good. It just the new version seems to misplace textures while im trying to work. And no its not my computer... ;| My be the full version will work better?

Stealthy Ivan said:

I have been a deep user for years, the program is really good. It just the new version seems to misplace textures while im trying to work. And no its not my computer... ;| My be the full version will work better?

Don't know actually what that means:) However, I'm pretty sure there's no problem. If there was any problem with "misplace(d) texture(s)", I'd get a lot of registered people complaining:)

Be sure to use the latest version 11.74 at sbsoftware.com

Yea... If the program had a problem you would get alot of complaints. The program kicks ass, I think its win2000 pro being an ass hole :)
Dont think Im trying to put down deepsea, I love Deep/Deepsea, and thats what I will always continue to use...!