Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EduardoAndFriends

Condemned - Another Map!

If the map runs fine for folks from start to finish, I'll tweak the combat a bit for Hard and make it a bit spicier maybe. Hmm. Let me know if it seems too easy!

A short, but sweet adventure! Nothing too difficult, combat is entertaining, similar to Ultimate Doom. I also played the other map (forgot to record it), and seeing that you continue from the same point you finished the last one is a nice touch.

Here's a video of me playing it:

I like the industrial look of both maps, the texture usage is spot-on. The cramped layout and the textures complement each other, setting the mood of a post-apocalyptic industrial complex. The MIDIs take away from that a little bit, but I can't say I dislike them.

I haven't found any technical issues with the map. Only "complaints" that I have:
    - that electricity panel secret was unexpected; mostly because I saw in the previous map that secrets are hinted somehow and they don't require mindless wall humping (kinda dumb complaint)
    - stuffing the final room with tanky enemies wasn't that fun; it is just a door fight, as you can see in the video

These are just some minor "issues", and to be honest, they didn't necessarily ruin the experience.

That INTERPIC is... interesting.

43 minutes ago, NinthBurn said:

A short, but sweet adventure! Nothing too difficult, combat is entertaining, similar to Ultimate Doom. I also played the other map (forgot to record it), and seeing that you continue from the same point you finished the last one is a nice touch.

Here's a video of me playing it:

I like the industrial look of both maps, the texture usage is spot-on. The cramped layout and the textures complement each other, setting the mood of a post-apocalyptic industrial complex. The MIDIs take away from that a little bit, but I can't say I dislike them.

I haven't found any technical issues with the map. Only "complaints" that I have:
    - that electricity panel secret was unexpected; mostly because I saw in the previous map that secrets are hinted somehow and they don't require mindless wall humping (kinda dumb complaint)
    - stuffing the final room with tanky enemies wasn't that fun; it is just a door fight, as you can see in the video

These are just some minor "issues", and to be honest, they didn't necessarily ruin the experience.

That INTERPIC is... interesting.

Cheers mate, thanks for taking the time. I know the combat needs tweaking, I wasn’t too happy with it towards the end, I’ll rethink it for sure. I meant to use the international secret hint of putting a candle under the electric panel secret switch. Thanks for reminding me, I’ll remedy that. Ta! :)

Hey Eduardo! Did a run through in DSDA and had a complete blast! Brilliant use of the Boom Engine and fantastic detail as always! I also took the opportunity to do a recorded video playthrough while I waited for the new Bad Batch episode to drop. Keep up the fantastic work Eduardo!

Spoiler

Here is the video! I have a few frame spikes for some reason, not too sure why but I hope they don't ruin the video.

30 minutes ago, ZeMystic said:

Hey Eduardo! Did a run through in DSDA and had a complete blast! Brilliant use of the Boom Engine and fantastic detail as always! I also took the opportunity to do a recorded video playthrough while I waited for the new Bad Batch episode to drop. Keep up the fantastic work Eduardo!

Hide contents

Here is the video! I have a few frame spikes for some reason, not too sure why but I hope they don't ruin the video.

Hey thanks, ZeMystic! Epic playthrough, I'm glad it ran well for ya. :) I was trying to emulate certain aspects of Squonker maps in this one ... nothing specific, just like the sunken rubbish pool with the SSG made me think of the archie pool in Pagodia map01 for some reason, heh. Thanks dude!

UPDATE: there is an updated version of the map at the very top, v1.2 This rearranges certain things to reshape stuff. Both versions are playable, it's entirely up to how people like their mappage. Old version at the bottom of the original post.

Demo of the older version. You really like these spicy maps, don't you? Somewhere in the Slime Ocean from 3Heures 'd Agonie 2 comes to mind, although the setting here is a little bit more 'grounded' if you know what I mean/.

lmd_condemned.zip

6 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

Demo of the older version. You really like these spicy maps, don't you? Somewhere in the Slime Ocean from 3Heures 'd Agonie 2 comes to mind, although the setting here is a little bit more 'grounded' if you know what I mean/.

lmd_condemned.zip

Thanks LadyMistDragon! :)

18 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Wunderbar! I loved it, mate. :^)

That was awesome man! Really fun to watch. :) thanks for playin’.

That was cool! Grungy visuals, combat was snappy, and I loved the zombie shadow and exploding wall tricks. 

(sorry if the video is a little choppy in places, still figuring this out)

Edited by Somniac

It's definetly easier than waffle stomp. However I wouldn't change a thing, just maybe make this the map02 and waffle stomp the map03 instead. Both HMP felt like HMP, so on that regard, you nailed it.

1 hour ago, IcarusOfDaggers said:

It's definetly easier than waffle stomp. However I wouldn't change a thing, just maybe make this the map02 and waffle stomp the map03 instead. Both HMP felt like HMP, so on that regard, you nailed it.

Coolio! Thanks. :)

On 2/4/2023 at 2:06 AM, Somniac said:

That was cool! Grungy visuals, combat was snappy, and I loved the zombie shadow and exploding wall tricks. 

(sorry if the video is a little choppy in places, still figuring this out)

Thanks man! Cheers for checking it out, matey. :)