Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsm

Huh? Doom 3 to be released in 2004

spiggy said:

The Alpha is around since February 2002. It got massive public acknowledgement in November.

Yes because the 2002 E3 presentation was prepared and leaked before February 2002.

Arioch said:

Yes because the 2002 E3 presentation was prepared and leaked before February 2002.

That's right, warez-noob: In February 2002 somebody named Apol7 posted a download link at the Zelaron-Forums. Considering the point in time, Apol7 was obviously an intern at either ATI or id.

Fact.

spiggy said:

That's right, warez-noob: In February 2002 somebody named Apol7 posted a download link at the Zelaron-Forums. Considering the point in time, Apol7 was obviously an intern at either ATI or id.

Fact.

You sir, are an idiot.

the date of doom3.exe is 7/23/2002. That's JULY 23rd, 2002. Not February. July. That date on most of the other files is the day before that.

Did you even download the supposed leaked alpha from Feb 2002? Ever hear of a hoax?

Demons Hand said:

Dude I was jokeing. I dont care how much $$ Id makes I want the game to come out asap.

I don't. I want the game to be Good with capital 'G' rather than out soon.

Demons Hand said:

Dude I was jokeing. I dont care how much $$ Id makes I want the game to come out asap.

Yeah i did quickly find that out after Cybs post. Couldn't have been bothered to make a post about it (would have been a waste).

dsm said:

I want the game to be Good with capital 'G' rather than out soon.

Amen. :)

dsm said:

Doom3 is going to be a killer game. But the wait is starting to get to me. I bought a new comp 3 weeks ago. I just cant wait to play D3 on it.

Demons Hand said:

Doom3 is going to be a killer game. But the wait is starting to get to me. I bought a new comp 3 weeks ago. I just cant wait to play D3 on it.

That's a sign that you haven't got enough to do. I've got plenty to do to keep my mind off Doom 3 - my humble (and polite) suggestion to you is to get yourself some more hobbies.

I know, 'cause I felt that way back in 2000-2001 while I was still just a lurker - after I signed up and got to throw my art around on the forums, Shaviro 'hired' me to do art for his project Rtc-3057 and then I became fan fic Mod and have since been busy with both art and writing.
And of course there's real life school work.

All these things cured my linger for this game (I still want it badly of course, but I can easily stand the wait).

dsm said:

There can't be much more to do on Doom3. I can't see how they would spend another year on it! The levels were all done some time mid last year and they only needed detailing, implementation and the likes.

Shaviro said:

The levels were all done some time mid last year

Said who?

Shaviro said:

There can't be much more to do on Doom3. I can't see how they would spend another year on it! The levels were all done some time mid last year and they only needed detailing, implementation and the likes.

I've still seen people complain about the Alpha, saying that it sucks - nobody said that Doom sucked back in the day - at least not until a year after its release. I want Doom 3 to be so badass that nobody in my vicinity thinks it sucks - only then will it be as great as the original (and I do have a hope somewhere - not an expectation but a hope - that the game becomes as great as the original).

Call me sensitive, but nothing lowers my anticipation or joy of a new game like negative comments against the game (that's why you experience occasional fits of rage from Yours Truly when guys like AndrewB starts whining about the game).

Cyb said:

You sir, are an idiot.

the date of doom3.exe is 7/23/2002. That's JULY 23rd, 2002. Not February. July. That date on most of the other files is the day before that.

Did you even download the supposed leaked alpha from Feb 2002? Ever hear of a hoax?

You sir, are a moron.

E3 was held several weeks before July 23rd, 2002, wasn't it? Isn't it possible, somebody leaked the material upon which the E3-movie was based which would make it the Alpha itself?

Die in a bag of gay, fucking hom0.

spiggy said:

You sir, are a moron.

E3 was held several weeks before July 23rd, 2002, wasn't it? Isn't it possible, somebody leaked the material upon which the E3-movie was based which would make it the Alpha itself?

I dunno who's right or wrong in this discussion, but I warn you: Don't throw 'insults' - whether honest insults or joke insults - at a Mod/Admin if you are but a newbie, because that's a sure-fire way to lower yourself down to the lower positions of that staffer's hitlist - which, if you make enough mistakes like this can get you losered or banned.

Well done. You've just successfully annoyed a moderator, a supermod and a forum admin.

There is no way in hell something like a doom3 leak could take 9 months to trickle down to the masses.

spiggy said:

You sir, are a moron.

rofl, nice. I'm not quite sure what you mean, but e3 was held in May sometime, however, id also showed off the very same demo at Quakecon in August, and it's safe to assume that somebody changed something in the demo between that time (or the demo was shifted between systems that didn't preserve the last modified date, for example when I put a file on my Linux machine the last modified date changes to the current time, even if the file is years old).

That said, one can assume the demo was leaked between e3 and Quakecon by someone id gave the test to (a vid card company perhaps).

At any rate I still can't decipher that second paragraph of yours, so I give up.

Okay, folks - sorry, I got carried away.

Still, Cyb calling me idiot was uncalled for.

ID will punish us for being bad and release it in the late 2005!

BEST. THING. SAID. EVER.

Cyb said:

rofl, nice. I'm not quite sure what you mean, but e3 was held in May sometime, however, id also showed off the very same demo at Quakecon in August, and it's safe to assume that somebody changed something in the demo between that time (or the demo was shifted between systems that didn't preserve the last modified date, for example when I put a file on my Linux machine the last modified date changes to the current time, even if the file is years old).

That said, one can assume the demo was leaked between e3 and Quakecon by someone id gave the test to (a vid card company perhaps).

At any rate I still can't decipher that second paragraph of yours, so I give up.

If I understand You correctly, You say that modifying any data on the Linux machine shifts time to current date, right?

I understood Your first argument as "The Alpha can't be that old, because the files in it are dated July" which would pretty much negate what You said.

lol - the title owns.

spiggy said:

If I understand You correctly, You say that modifying any data on the Linux machine shifts time to current date, right?

I understood Your first argument as "The Alpha can't be that old, because the files in it are dated July" which would pretty much negate what You said.

lol - the title owns.

Actually that was my mistake. The default time shown when you ls -la is the created date, which is the date the file is put on your computer. Using ls -la --time=atime it shows the last modified date, so linux does not alter the file dates in any way (there are three of them, created, accessed and modified, the last one will be consistant for the leaked exe. Also if you go into console and type version the build date displayed is July 23rd.

Arioch said:

There is no way in hell something like a doom3 leak could take 9 months to trickle down to the masses.

Heh. By my reckoning it took more like 9 hours.

Fredrik said:

It's slashdot.org not slashdot.com you ignorant, uninformed, insensitive clod.

Yeah, but all the real slashdot.org junkies simply refer to it as /.