Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ghetto

Anyone like DooM 64

Yeah, I'd say Doom64 is Doom. The game was (apart from the end boss and laser gun) basically a graphics update and mappack. The only respect in which it isn't like Doom is in the physics, which are a little different. And the way the shotgun felt so weak because it didn't recoil. On reflection, I would even say that it's more atmospheric than Doom2, although behind Doom because of the lack of decent hell levels (and the Unholy Cathedral).

Oh yeah, Melfice, I can give you some extra frames for the unmaker if you want. I'm using a modified version in Rust, which looks better when fired because it has 7 frames instead of the usual 2.

It's a flame weapon in Rust, but I still have all the PSD files so I can easily redo them a little different for the standard D64 version.

//edit: Just to clarify things, by shotgun recoil I mean the weapon blasting backwards and then reloading - not pushing the player backwards

ToXiCFLUFF said:

And the way the shotgun felt so weak because it didn't recoil.

Wtf!? A Doom game with a shotgun that does not recoil is no Doom game imo - and that's regardless how many other things they got right.

Oh well, I'll still d/l this TC.

Hey, Toxic, you should head over to the Depot's forums and talk to Kaiser and Elbryan42 about that, they might be interested, I don't know, I'm teh mapper, lol.

Cool Melfice, will do.

DSM: Yeah, get it with or without shotgun recoil. I very much doubt you will be disappointed :D

That fact that it didn't have a mastermind kinda sucked too but it was still a good game.

I loved Doom 64. Although it will never live up to the PC dooms, the graphics and gameplay were amazing! It was nice to see doom with some new guns and monsters on a new port. Sweet game folks, although a bit choppy and real dark, its a great game!

I loved Doom 64. Although it will never live up to the PC dooms, the graphics and gameplay were amazing! It was nice to see doom with some new guns and monsters on a new port. Sweet game folks, although a bit choppy and real dark, its a great game!