Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ghetto

Anyone like DooM 64

I still play Doom 64 once in a while. Of course it would have been better if the maps were a little bigger or if there were more maps period, but again disk space issues got in the way. That's been discussed tons of times already.

I hope the TC turns out the way we all hope it will...

...with no problems from others. *ahem*

OK... now this a subject I feel quite strongly about...

elbryan42 said:
Because, in Doom 64, mouselook is cheating.

Dose this mean you're going to diable all the cheat codes too?

elbryan42 also said:
The Doom 64 team decided against looking up and down when developing Doom 64, because it won't be Doom anymore.

DON'T BLOODY TELL ME WHAT IS AND ISN'T DOOM.
That is for the player to decide. there are people out there who would say that Doom 64 isn't doom eather. I DETEST the attude that "my way of playing is the only way of playing." if your so bent on making it a perfect port, why not force everyone to play it with a game pad?
leave it OPTIONAL. that way, you please everybody.

Ct_red_pants said:

DON'T BLOODY TELL ME WHAT IS AND ISN'T DOOM.
That is for the player to decide. there are people out there who would say that Doom 64 isn't doom eather. I DETEST the attude that "my way of playing is the only way of playing." if your so bent on making it a perfect port, why not force everyone to play it with a game pad?
leave it OPTIONAL. that way, you please everybody.

You're right about the "my-way-of-playing-Doom-is-the-only-way" attitude, but Elbryan42 already said that there will be the possibility to ...what did he say? Alter the Y axis or something?...in order to allow for looking up and down.

I think you should take a breather and calm down - ask Elbryan42 to add a txt file with careful instructions on how to activate this "look up and down" function - having it optional in the TC is just too tempting for people, forcing you to go into some cgf file (or whatever) to alter it will also force you to play the TC "without cheating" first - then you can always activate the look-up-and-down function to play it like you want later.

So relax, take it easy.

Fredrik said:

Geez, it's Elbryan's friggin TC, why not let him do what he wants.

I agree with you, Fredrik. And BTW, when the heck are you gonna finish that Freedoom demon?! *SMILIE REMOVED*

We WERE considering putting it in as a bonus, but people who want it are acting like spoiled fucking brats about it, that I wonder if we should do away with it altogether. If freelook-ers were at least civil about it compared to being total assholes about it and tell us what we can and can't have in OUR TC...

elbryan42 said:

We WERE considering putting it in as a bonus, but people who want it are acting like spoiled fucking brats about it, that I wonder if we should do away with it altogether. If freelook-ers were at least civil about it compared to being total assholes about it and tell us what we can and can't have in OUR TC...

I see your point.

Just do what you want to do to your TC, elbryan42, and don't listen to these idiots who want you to put in what you don't want.

Everyone will just have to have faith in the Doom Depot Team that we'll do a product that's to your liking, while still keeping the Doom 64 flavor, adding some additional stuff, having the PC feel, and such. We're people who can play through ANY Doom 64 level with our eyes closed, know where every single little armor bonus is, know what to expect around every corner. Trust me, when this puppy is released, you'll be impressed, freelook or not.

Besides, did no freelook bother you when you first played Doom, or play a console port?

I think the people who are bitching and whining should just shut the fuck up and realize that it's our TC and we wouldn't be doing what we're doing unless the TC would benefit from it. YOu all act like we're just doing this to piss people off. Dumbfucks. We're the ones doing all the damn work and the TC, all you people will do is play and judge it by your own standards.

If u don't like the way they release it build your own fucking version, I'm sure it will own several small moons. Just like D3, see what u think of it after u play it, then if u wanna bitch, at least u have some grounds. Christ

Heh, well no mouselook in the D64 TC will be a blow to me, cause I'm a ZDoom fiend and I use mouselook all the time. Not being able to look up and down (mouselook style) is gonna take some time to get used to, to say the least.
Oh well.
It's Elbryan's TC, so shut your traps. He says what goes, so you fucks whining about no mouselook, whaaaaa, go fuck yourselves.

Ct_red_pants said:
[B

Dose this mean you're going to diable all the cheat codes too?

heck no, but access to them will be different.

heck, I am even thinking about disabling the console so the player can't fuck with the y axis or type god,

we want this tc to last, not speed through it while cheating. thats how people get bored of games real quick.

Can't we all just get along? It's just a game... (a godly game at that. :) )

BBG said:

Why do we get this question every few days? :-P

Anyway, yes, I like Doom 64 and I cannot wait for the Doom 64 TC to be done.

Me too

Scuba Steve said:

The closer you make it into the REAL doom64, does it in anyway create more copyright problems?

At first I was worried. However, having an interview with the designers who said themselves that they were intrigued with the TC, put my fears to rest.

Besides, there will be a few things that will make it more than just Doom 64, or an exact conversion. (Hint, hint...) That stuff is what we're being VERY tight lipped about, and have been trained in resisting many forms of torture (including being pestered over AIM/ICQ) to not reveal a single thing. Every new thing will have to be a surprise, and you'll have to play the game multiple times to find them all.

elbryan42 said:

At first I was worried. However, having an interview with the designers who said themselves that they were intrigued with the TC, put my fears to rest.

Perhaps you should ask the publishers!? Better to be safe than sorry.

I'm sure the resources are ok to distribute, but not the game itself. I mean, think of how many games have been ported over to other games. Duke, Quake, Doom, and more. The game won't be an exact copy or anything. I plan on asking them. I have too much of a conscience not to. I don't even pirate anymore. Not even games or MP3s (unless they're impossible to find or discontinuted).

Even after the TC is released, I HIGHLY recommend you hunt down a copy of Doom 64 and buy it. Even emulated, you can't get the TRUE experience of Doom 64 unless you play the game on the N64 itself.

elbryan42 said:

Even after the TC is released, I HIGHLY recommend you hunt down a copy of Doom 64 and buy it. Even emulated, you can't get the TRUE experience of Doom 64 unless you play the game on the N64 itself.

mah. It's not Doom to me... but then again, that's just me!

Scuba Steve said:

The closer you make it into the REAL doom64, does it in anyway create more copyright problems?

the folks who made Doom64 are quite interested in our tc.

although that bugs me for some reason....

Deathman said:

the folks who made Doom64 are quite interested in our tc.

although that bugs me for some reason....

There just waiting for it to be done so they can sue the pants of of ya.

Deathman said:

heck no, but access to them will be different.

heck, I am even thinking about disabling the console so the player can't fuck with the y axis or type god,

we want this tc to last, not speed through it while cheating. thats how people get bored of games real quick.

DO IT! You're absolutely correct, if there's one way to reduce a game's gameplay value and lots of hard work in making and designing it it's to make cheats too easily accessible. I'm talking God mode here btw not freelook which should be the player's choice unless it really affects the gameplay big time.

well, we will change the cheat codes, but for the y axis mouse look, its up to Elby....

but I really want Jumping disabled and taken out of the exe more than y axis look...

Deathman said:

well, we will change the cheat codes, but for the y axis mouse look, its up to Elby....

but I really want Jumping disabled and taken out of the exe more than y axis look...

Then have Elbryan disable jumping!

After all, he IS in charge of the TC, right? ^_-

I wouldn't recommend taking out the console - most people will want to use it to configure the game (not necessarily cheating). Just amputating it a bit would be better :)

elbryan42 said:

I thought is was a given we take jump out of the exe. :P

Great move.