Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ghetto

Anyone like DooM 64

Deathman said:

as for that laser gun, its has to be coded to get the full thing working properly.

Yep. Never-ending stream that goes through enemies and also multiplying into three lasers after getting the three special icons.

The way the progress is going, that release date sounds reasonable. :P

Oh, and with the new Screenshots page I'm making for the Doom Depot, the screenies on Melfice's page is just the tip of the iceberg.

Melfice Darkmage said:

We'd like to complete it before may 25th.

thats just when all maps will be done. after that we got to worry about the rest of the stuff, and we don't know how long thats going to take. but shouldn't take forever though...

DooMBoy said:

For shame DA, for shame! And you call yourself a true DooMer! :P

a true doomer? doom 64 is even less truly a doom game than doomIII will be

DOOM Anomaly said:

Well well, when did the menace moth muster it's way up sargebaldy's posterior? hmmm? :P

heh da, you goof :P and get on #zdoom!

sargebaldy said:

heh da, you goof :P and get on #zdoom!

Steve Dudzik: close irc and uninstall it
DOOM Anomaly: Done

Sorry Bob, I'm afraid I can't do that. :P

why are you listening to steve dudzik? who even IS steve dudzik? wait, that's lüt isn't it? don't listen to him, he's a retard.. he couldn't manage forums, let alone know whether people should or should not be on irc

sargebaldy said:

why are you listening to steve dudzik? who even IS steve dudzik? wait, that's lüt isn't it? don't listen to him, he's a retard.. he couldn't manage forums, let alone know whether people should or should not be on irc

you dont know as to why he said it though, its a long story, my bald bald friend. :P

DOOM Anomaly said:

you dont know as to why he said it though, its a long story, my bald bald friend. :P

Banned from #zdoom? :P

no, ya see, I was getting mighty tired of IRC cause I couldn't keep up with allllll the convos and do the things in my day all at once. So I was talking to him (note I just put his name and nothing more to prevent any flooding to any of his accounts), and asked him if there was a way to make anything easier, and well, thats what he said, and let alone I did so, given I didn't care for IRC cause I barely did much with it. See now I have more me time, in which I can blossum in the glory that is me. :D So no, I'm not banned or anything, I'm just merely too overwhelmed by all the talking at times, cause I can't always read whats being said, also it was a mighty hassel to check it all the time so, getting rid of it was for teh better, cause now I have that extra 2 minutes of sweet sweet sleep. :D

Deathman said:
we may not even have our own exe, maybe just the wad, xgdefs, and a dll file. so cheats could just be accessed like normal Doom2 cheats. and Jdoom doesn't support dehacked cheat patches....

That is a good idea, as it means it could be compatible with future jdoom releases.

One thing I'm still worried about though is that it sounds like it could be one mother of a download, and I’m stuck with a 500MB download limit sheared with four people.

:(

Demons Hand said:
Are the two secret levels going to be in the tc?

you mean the 3 secret levels and 4 or so "fun" levels, and yes they are (well the void is at least).

Ct_red_pants said:

One thing I'm still worried about though is that it sounds like it could be one mother of a download, and I’m stuck with a 500MB download limit sheared with four people.

That realy sucks. Can you go to a library? Thats what I do.

Heh, that's what I'm doing right now, but it dosn't help much for downloading.

I never thought I’d say this, but I miss my dial up :(

Ct_red_pants said:

you mean the 3 secret levels and 4 or so "fun" levels, and yes they are (well the void is at least).

the estimated wad file with the data/levels etc, will be around 16mb. the music however may be up to 60mb...don't know about that, since Elbryan is taking care of the music.

the secret levels Outpost Omega and The Lair will be set as regular levels. In the Void will remain a secret level.

the fun levels will be included as well. but they will be merged with existing maps

Cat and Mouse will be merged with Final Outpost
Playground will be merged with Dark Entires
I haven't decided where I should put Hardcore in.

You mean Unholy Temple?

sounds interesting but Hardcore consists lots of metal textures. and Unholy Temple has nothing but gothic textures, and imo it wouldn't mix well with Unholy Temple's layout. the only good canidate we can think of is Watch Your Step.

I still say we should drop it to avoid over using the oh-so special Cyberdemon....but that's me.

There will be a variety of music wads:

-56K - 16-20 megs - This wad will have cut down tracks, 3-6 minutes in length. It will have 16 out of 20 Doom 64 tracks, with repeats on half the levels. The bitrate will be just tolerable. But since it's ambient music, I can get away with heavy compression and have them sounding decent. Same quality as the ConsoleDoom music wad. (Done this wad)

-Music Wad 1 - 60 megs - Will have all 20 Doom 64 level tracks, cut down a little to bring the size down. The bitrate and quality is twice as good as the 56k wad. The tracks will repeat on the remainder of the levels. The cutting will be done carefully so that only repeated segments will be cut. You won't miss anything from the tracks. (Working on this one right now)

-Music Wad 2 - 40-60 megs (estimate) - Will have 12 additional ambient tracks (by Aubrey Hodges of course) from other games, such as PSX Final Doom and Quake 64. Kind of an update bonus for those who want to download it. (Tracks selected, still need to edit and encode them)

Deathman said:

You mean Unholy Temple?

sounds interesting but Hardcore consists lots of metal textures. and Unholy Temple has nothing but gothic textures, and imo it wouldn't mix well with Unholy Temple's layout. the only good canidate we can think of is Watch Your Step.

Well you could put hardcore fist the have it slowly move in to the unholy temple.
It would look realy cool.