Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Midway64

Where should I buy Doom 64?

Hey everyone, recently I have been planning to buy Doom 64, and both Microsoft Store and GOG versions seem good, so I would like to know in which platform should I buy it.

GOG seems better as it is DRM-free (still love ya Gaben!), and from what I heard there's no forced Bethesda crap, and modding! 

But the Microsoft version allows you to play on Xbox, and obviously there's DRM.

So please, tell me about the differences in those versions and if possible, send some screenshots showing notable differences.

Thanks.

Edited by ValveMercenary

if you want to play on xbox then choose microsoft but if you want to play on pc then choose gog

Spoiler

doom64_posting.png

2 hours ago, ValveMercenary said:

Hey everyone, recently I have been planning to buy Doom 64, and both Microsoft Store and GOG versions seem good, so I would like to know in which platform should I buy it.

GOG seems better as it is DRM-free (still love ya Gaben!), and from what I heard there's no forced Bethesda crap, and modding! 

But the Microsoft version allows you to play on Xbox, and obviously there's DRM.

So please, tell me about the differences in those versions and if possible, send some screenshots showing notable differences.

Thanks.

Take the Version on Gog.
You could also wait for an Sale and just grab both.
I personally don't trust the Console and App Stores, they are too restricted and have the Tendency to just break Compatibility and cut old Stuff off.

If you’re wanting to play on PC, definitely GOG. DRM-free and allows you to download standalone installers that can be backed up. I try to buy from GOG exclusively these days if at all possible.

I have a Steam version and a GoG version of the game. Both work the same way. Both of them are fine versions (and share the same issues as well). The most convenient version out of them all is obviously a GoG one.

Usually I would recommend buying physical media if you don't want DRM, but then I remembered that Doom 64 is a Limited Run Games exclusive release.