Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crizk

Edge mods and wads?

Hey,
Not sure where to stick this topic so if it's in the wrong place I apologize in advance. How many edge fans are there? Are there any cool tcs, mods or wads that use edge? It seems like I played a cool weapons mod a while back that used edge and I was wondering if there was anywhere I could find more stuff to play. And finally, how alive is edge?

I've got an EDGE mod. I'm in the process of updating it with a whole bunch of cool stuff, so just play the old version of my mod right now.

http://www.geocities.com/lizardcommando/enter.html

There are other's that made/are in the process of making an EDGE mod. Nick Perrin is working on a mod called Desert Warrior. He also has another mod (weapons mod) called MOUAC. Damn, I can't remeber his site.

Another EDGE mod that is well known is Fanatic's(he made it right?) QDoom. It's hosted by Doomworld. It uses alot of the features that EDGE has to offer, like room-over-room, um... that's all I can think of.

Oh, and of course, there's Cory Whittle's Immoral Conduct (the mod I based mine on). Tons of guns, and helpers too. Also hosted by Doomworld.

Also by Cory Whittle, a mod called Don's Challenge 1. I think it's pretty cool. Has some nice, innovating features and items. You'll be able to find a link to it on Cory's page.

Those are the edge mods I can remember off the top of my head.

At my site in the links section I have a list of almost every Edge TC/Mod in existence.

Link in sig...

Lobo said:

At my site in the links section I have a list of almost every Edge TC/Mod in existence.

Nice list, I must say!

When I make the new Desert Warrior page(not made yet), can you link it(I'll e-mail you)?

P.S. Word for word from the mod list: Marines of UAC-Weapons PC which promises to be better than Immoral Conduct.
I don't know about that... not Marines of UAC. Desert Warrior, yes(not to boast or anything!). But just in terms of weapons, because Desert Warrior is a TC.

thedemonsarecoming said:

Those screenshots look awesome =)

Thanks for the comment :). BTW, the screenshots for ICD-Lizard are outdated. They were taken about a year ago. (Lizard War and Pokestein Screenshots are about two years outdated)

EDIT: I just updated my site with new screenshots! Here the link to the ICD-Lizard section:

http://www.geocities.com/lizardcommando/about5.html

Scuba Steve said:

Lies! Blasphemy!

See my post above yours. You're exactly right.

The only weapons that promise to be better than Immoral Conduct will be the Desert Warrior ones.

Edit: Just added the dual mp5k's to Desert Warrior! They kick ASS! And my new Glock19 animations are so smooth!

Nick Perrin said:

Edit: Just added the dual mp5k's to Desert Warrior!

Heh, did you get the idea of having akimbo HK-MP5K's from my mod? :p

I have my own EDGE Mod that had a recent beta [6.51] added for it. EB Doom at http://www.zxdware.net/ebdoom

Level-wise there's not a whole terrible lot of things yet, but in the monsters department, well, if you look at my other topic in this forum on MODs with the most enemy species, you'll see exactly what enemies are listed in the game up to the last beta[more are already planned or already added for the next version]. Also, the next version will allow you to freeze over enemies Hexen-style, which gives it more of a realism factor, and there's even a weapon that HEALS you in this mod.

Anyways, there is also a screenshots section showing some of the monsters from the recent beta in action. Among the monsters types are Doom/Doom2 monsters, All Heretic Monsters, All Hexen monsters[except Stalkers], most Duke3D monsters[which should be all filled for in the next beta], and some Shadow Warrior enemies, and finally you can fight clones of yourself, various other modded Doom/Heretic monsters like Chainsaw Zombiemen, Mini-Missile Sargents, Gold Liches, Maulotaur Ghosts, just to name a few.

Also, Cacodemon Leader helped me with some of the levels and monsters[like he saved me time with adding the DN3D Battlelord and had the sprites he made from him sent to me already, or the Hissy sprites for the Hissy helper type in EB Doom(yes, I did forget to mention Hissy is in EB Doom as well, and he actually fights :D)]

OK. First up, I've changed the description of MOUAC: hope it meets your approval ;)

Second, I thought I added Lizard Commandos TC ages ago, but I guess I must have forgot or something: anyway, you've been added now. Sorry about that buddy!

If anyone else has a TC/PC for Edge then let me know the URL and I'll stick it on the list (OK nick?) I'm sure there must be more out there since I compiled that list, so please let me know if you find anymore.

I've worked hard to try and get a list of ALL the TCs for Edge in existence but I need you Edgers to cooperate... :)

DooMBoy said:

I thought I already mentioned Immoral Conduct. Also, I mentioned Don's Challenge 1, which I'm suprised no one except me mentioned in this thread. :p

Lobo: I checked your site and thanks for adding in my link. :)

Lobo said:

OK. First up, I've changed the description of MOUAC: hope it meets your approval ;)

Lobo's links said:

Weapons PC which promises NOT to be better than Immoral Conduct.

...That's not quite what I meant.

Nick Perrin said:

...That's not quite what I meant.

LOL

OK, you give me a good description and I'll stick it on there, deal?

;)

Cool, looks like there are a good amount of edge projects out there. I've played the immoral conduct mod (both the edge and dehacked versions) and It is really cool. The DDF stuff looks pretty interesting. Edge seems to breed weapon mods :)

Crizk said:

Edge seems to breed weapon mods :)

That's because it's easy to make many many weapons in EDGE, and give them cool effects. And the secondary fires and reloads make it the best choice for weapon mods.

P.S. Lobo: Make the description something like: "A weapons mod with a touch of realism and plenty of firepower!"

But of course, it's not as good as Immoral Conduct;)

Darn right Trasher... If ZDooM Supported DDF I'd be all set, I'm not a big Edge fan.

Isn't there something supposedly in the works like Doomscript or something?

Scuba Steve said:

Darn right Trasher... If ZDooM Supported DDF I'd be all set, I'm not a big Edge fan.

I am a fan of EDGE, but with zdoom it would be way better. You could still have GL capabilities, floor above floor, all the DDF stuff, and on top of that---ACS and sloping!!(and particles, which in EDGE you can only fake by making single-pixel sprites!)

Nick Perrin said:

the dual mp5k's to Desert Warrior! They kick ASS! And my new Glock19 animations are so smooth!

Uh, no... *SMILIE REMOVED*

Just wait until Scuba Steve does a MP5K AND a Glock19 :P

(I'm on you're side, Scuba! GO SCUBA! *IMAGE REMOVED*

Kirby X said:

Just wait until Scuba Steve does a MP5K AND a Glock19 :P

That's different. He's drawing them. But in terms of smoothness, I don't know if any other guns will have 30-50 frames like mine do(although sometimes it is a pain in the ass to make, but it pays off).

Edit: Anyway, work is coming along nicely on Desert Warrior, and I don't really want to spoil much, but... It's going to require a GOOD computer(we're talking one with a good video card and high Mhz, preferably a PII-P4 that can use Peter Johansson's EDGE new source code exec that takes advantage of L2 Cache properties, and makes EDGE run so much faster in terms of FPS and just in general processing.