Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

From NES to computer

Cool. Yet, I'd rather have a SNES built into my PC case, allowing me to put the cartridges in on the front and output the graphics to my monitor. That'd be pretty cool.

Lord FlatHead said:

Cool. Yet, I'd rather have a SNES built into my PC case, allowing me to put the cartridges in on the front and output the graphics to my monitor. That'd be pretty cool.

That's possible, IIRC. Heh, my cousin hooked up his playstation to his monitor somehow.

pretty cool if u ask me, i wonder how it handles heat. i would try it but i dont want to sacriifce my NES. however it would really bee cool to do it in a atari 5200 case, and you could have more seeing that it is very large(I think its even bigger than an x-box!)

Never sacrifice a working NES. Get a busted nonfunctional lost cause for either cheap or nothing and use that.

dismantling functional retro consoles is a form of sacrelidge. i hear you can go to video game hell for it when you die. of course, it's okay if it's knackered.

A while back, I read about somebody who took a regular pc tower and installed 3 or 4 different console machines inside, as well as a fast computer. That's sort of the reverse of what was done here. I believe it was entered into a PC modding contest. I wish I remembered where I saw that.

Empyre said:

A while back, I read about somebody who took a regular pc tower and installed 3 or 4 different console machines inside, as well as a fast computer. That's sort of the reverse of what was done here. I believe it was entered into a PC modding contest. I wish I remembered where I saw that.

I saw something like that. I think it was an NES, PS2 and a Gamecube.

Bloodshedder said:

All I need is a good gamepad that is similar to an SNES controller to connect to the game port so I can play emulated NES and SNES games.

I have a gamepad that is like a Playstation controller, right down to the shapes of the buttons (triangle, square, circle, X). Too bad I don't have the drivers :(

Bloodshedder said:

All I need is a good gamepad that is similar to an SNES controller to connect to the game port so I can play emulated NES and SNES games.

Gravis Eliminator Gamepad Pro, without a doubt. It is the most comfortable and ergonomically correct design ever. It is quite cheap, around $20-25 if you go by U.S. currency, uses USB, and has the standard Playstation 10 button placement plus degree-sensitive directional control. This means that you can easily play NES and Super NES games, and with a little tricky button retraining, N64 games through an emulator.

AndrewB said:

Gravis Eliminator Gamepad Pro, without a doubt.

I, for one, can't stand the D-pad on those things (or 99% of any other modern controllers). Utterly worthless for fighting games. I suppose it wouldn't be as bad for NES stuff though, where you don't need as precise directional control.

You're probably right on fighting games, but that's pretty much all that they're bad for.

Trust me, you really can't do much better than GEGP.

BBG said:

I WANT TO MAKE MY COMPUTER INTO AN NES!!

Go get get an NES emulator. Problem solved ;)

DarkWolf said:

I hate the Sidewinder D-Pad, it's easier to use a keyboard than that thing.

We have a sidewinder, it was the suckiest piece of junk I ever laid my hands on. It's wrong on so many levels.

man, i should try to make some wierd PC out of something. hell i got a ton of extra parts and shit.

hey i should try and make a doom arcade computer!