Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sitrofan

Reprocessing Facility (vanilla)

This was a blast! Intricate and interlaced map design with a simple art style carried by the very well done lighting effects. Great enemy and weapon progression with a fun final encounter.

Always enjoy OG Doom inspired level, and this map oozes it. Awesome effort, can't wait for more!

That was a great level. I was tight on ammo and health almost the whole way through but there was always just enough. Probably would have been a little easier had I found all of the secrets but i felt it was still fair, and probably more fun for the struggle. I ended up with 5 of the 7 secrets, found 3 as I was going then went back and got the double parter after reaching the exit. If this is indeed only your second map then I really cant wait to see whats next. Im gunna have to hunt up whatever your first one was cuz this one was serious quality. Thanks for making it.

Thank you all! I was relieved to hear your comments because I spent quite a bit of time on this map. I kinda wish I'd made a smaller one since I would have finished it much sooner, but I still think it was worth it in the end. I think my next map is gonna be much shorter and it certainly won't have a techbase theme.

Nothing wrong with a techbase theme as long as it is so good as this map here!

4 hours ago, Loomis said:

Nothing wrong with a techbase theme as long as it is so good as this map here!

I just really had to force myself not to put STARTAN3 all over the place. That's all :)

Nice map. I like the trick you pulled at the beginning -- taking a couple minutes to strongly establish the tropes/gameplay flow of a really simple classic E1 homage, with the Imps and low-tier zombies, and then suddenly there's two chaingunners and a Revenant in my face, and then that scramble in the nukage pit. I think you did a great job of making that feel like a deliberate switch-up, and I could almost hear you saying "haha, just kidding!"

hi! my personal take on the map:

• a bit too much of ammo starvation at the beginning of the map, especially for amateur players like me. had to resort to monster infighting and the chainsaw just to clear the doorway.
  • very nice traps!
  • not a huge fan of tight timers for compulsory map progression. prefer them restricted to secrets, and even for that at walking pace to reach them. especially if there is just one radsuit available for only one attempt.
  • really dig the map flow. awesome!
  • love maps with lots of windows in them because they magnify spatial awareness (and a simple way to embellish a room). 😍

really nice map! thanks for making+sharing it!

Maps like this prove there's still plenty of juice left in the old E1 formula that doesn't just consist of straight clones like Fava Beans or something. It was really neat how each section of the map was interlinked so it was quick trip back whenever a key was acquired. Too many people would rather have modern Doom levels of action and that's simply not always necessary.

lmd_repfacil.zip

Played on GZDoom 4.8.2g, Hurt Me Plenty.

A solid map, nicely designed, good pacing with the fights. Difficult, but nothing I really thought was unfair. Nice job!

Seems like you toke a lot of time for this second release, you are surely strict about the level of quality you want to share us, it's a good thing :)

And... Indeed, it was a high-tier quality map. As @Loomis said, the map also remind me of No End in Sight which is one of my favorite Doom I replacement alongside with 2002: A Doom Odyssey.

Here is a UV playthrough, I wasn't really focused since it's 3 a.m. here in Europe, so I fucked up everything and was running like a blind person, but at least I managed to finish it :

Edited by Bri0che

Been trying out chocolate doom for the first time lately and this was a very pleasant map to play with it!  Just enough ammo to incentivize me to use the chainsaw a little bit more which was fun, and some areas were tricky blind, tho being new to chocolate probably didn't help things lol.  The nukage area really got me the first time running for the radsuit and getting into way too much trouble.  Very nice classic experience, looking forward to more!

I've attached an updated version. Just changed some textures and monsters' properties here and there and also hinted the wall that opens the megaarmor secret. Thank you for the comments and especially for the playthroughs, cause I learn a lot from watching these!

I think we played latest version. Sorry we all sleepy lol. Nice classic map and impressive for second map. Some surprising combat stuff and those secrets well ... They were hidden so well had to look them up. Amazing 

Vid