Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thedemonsarecoming

Projectile Editing

Is there a way to change what type of projectile a monster shoots, and its behavior in attacking? I'm trying to get former sargeants to shoot arachnotron plasma.

edit- Also, is there a way I can make it so that they drop plasma guns?

Yes, change the code pointer in the attack frame of the Shotgun guy to that of the Arachnotron's attack code pointer. Note that even though the two monsters use the same attack (plasma) they can hurt each other. If you want to make the Shotgun guy shoot more than just once you'll have to add frames and choose the same code pointers as the Arachnotron's attack frames (they alternate between a shooting and waiting frames, cycling.)

To make them drop plasma guns you can copy all the info of the Shotgun onto the Plasma rifle thing, and vise versa, but then each time you place a Shotgun on the map with your editor, you'll be placing a Plasma rifle, and so on.

All this is basic DeHackEd. Some engines will allow more options (I know mbf allows you to set a "drop object" pointer on a frame, for instance, allowing you to do it without changing anything else.)

Yes, the code pointer changing is done in the frames menu (that list of frames, F3) and the switching of the weapons can be done using the things menu (F2) by changing all the info (copy the infos for each thing to paper or something and then switch them.)

Probably, yes, press enter on the code pointer entry (on the Shotgun guy's frame) and introduce the frame number of the Arachnotron's attack frame, the pointer will change, matching the Arachnotron's.

While we're on the subject, is it possible to change the projectile but not the attack sequence (eg. a mancubus firing 6 rockets a second instead of fireballs) and without replacing the mancubus fireball (I still need that)?

No, since you'd have to alter the info of the Mancubus' fireball. Flying projectiles of any sort can't be added, only changed. I mean, you could do that, but then you couldn't have a monster using the normal Mancubus attack as well.

thedemonsarecoming said:

Are the ones with an X under Bright Sprite the Firing sprites?

Yes. Bright sprites are for firing frames and light sources, such as lamps etc.

Considering that whacked is a dehacked conversion to windows. Is it possible to do these sorts of things in whacked?

You have to edit in dehacked or whacked and enter for shot of sergeant new code pointer the same as arahnotron has.
(please, don't be angry for my writing. I'm polish :))