Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

Updated Screenshots for ICD-Lizard

Yup, here they are. The newly updated screenshots for ICD-Lizard, A Weapons Mod for EDGE. Check 'em out!!! :D I'll let anyone test the new version out once I get some more stuff tweaked and add in one more civvie. Hope you ejoy them!

http://www.geocities.com/lizardcommando/icdscreen1.gif

http://www.geocities.com/lizardcommando/icdscreen2.gif

http://www.geocities.com/lizardcommando/icdscreen3.gif

http://www.geocities.com/lizardcommando/icdscreen4.gif

If the links don't work, then copy/paste it into the adress bar.
(Just for kicks, try and guess where Screenshots 1-3 are taken from! Screenshot 4 is from a test level I made)

Don't take this the wrong way, I don't mean to be an ass. But I honestly think you need to go back and attempt to make the graphics better looking. If it's any help try the tutorials here for the weapons.

Torn said:

geoshitties did it again.
(I wasn't able to see them)

yeah, i managed to save them and look at them.. looks uh... good :P

I agree with Scuba Steve. Dude, the idea is great, it's WONDERFUL, but...the graphics are not that good, to be perfectly honest. I think you should take some sprite creation tips from Scuba.

Look, just add a ? at the end after you load the stupid "LOL WERE GAY SO NO LOOKIE 4 U" page, works EVERY time.

i dowload ed the link and the file fo Lizard Beto 4, & the file was corrupted.

now.. i may be drunk beyond the capacity for rational thought... but yuo may want to look into this.

Uh, the graphics were MEANT to look cartoony. It just wouldn't be the same if everything were to look ultra-realistic, which is what I'm trying to steer away from. I'd probably try and make the graphics on paper then somehow import them onto my computer, but I don't want to do a complete teardown on the damn thing, it would take way too much time. Besides, I don't even have a scanner, so that's not gonna happen. Oh well, I'll try and tweak some gfx a little more to make you guys happy or something. :p

Anyways, I kinda forgot to fix the link for Lizard War. But I'll release a new version when I get the chance.

Cartoony is one thing, I'm all for that... I even tried making a Metal Slug TC with very cartoony graphics. My gripe is that many of the guns are poorly scaled and angled wrong. The desert eagle is HUGE onscreen and pointing at the ceiling. There's an MP5 with a silencer thats mounted cockeye on the barrell. All the graphics seem a bit rushed, and I think if you went back and put a little more time in on each one it could be more promising.

/note this is all taken from what I've seen in the Lizard addon for Immoral Conduct

Scuba Steve said:

Cartoony is one thing, I'm all for that... I even tried making a Metal Slug TC with very cartoony graphics. My gripe is that many of the guns are poorly scaled and angled wrong. The desert eagle is HUGE onscreen and pointing at the ceiling. There's an MP5 with a silencer thats mounted cockeye on the barrell. All the graphics seem a bit rushed, and I think if you went back and put a little more time in on each one it could be more promising.

/note this is all taken from what I've seen in the Lizard addon for Immoral Conduct

Heh, I had my Anti-Doom friends tell me the same thing about the weapons you were talking about. Maybe I oughto listen to them more often... Eh, I guess you're right. Hell, even my Anti-Doom friends were right, and I STILL didn't listen to them... I guess it's best to take critisism from other Doomers. :p I just thought they were being dumbasses.

Scuba Steve, are there any other weapons that you think should be fixed up, or is that it?

I was just looking over the gfx in ICD-Lizard and cripes you're right. I guess I haven't noticed how "off" the graphics were. Dammit, looks like it's time for a graphics improvement overhaul. :/

I gotta admit though, it's nice to see some honesty in the critisism nowadays. :) I didn't get any comments about the Desert Eagle during the beta tests IIRC.

BBG said:
Look, just add a ? at the end after you load the stupid "LOL WERE GAY SO NO LOOKIE 4 U" page, works EVERY time.

Heh, Works great! I'll have to remember that...

Scuba Steve said:

It works if you drag the links to the navigation bar

Wow, that works like a charm! I didn't know you could drag links like that. Now I do. Thanks!

Nice work, LC(or as you said I could call you, Cliff)! I like it. I hope I can have the fun of beta-testing this new version like the old one!

Nick Perrin said:

I hope I can have the fun of beta-testing this new version like the old one!

OOOOOO OOOOOO ME TOO ME TOO!

I noticed the gfx weren't that well-shaped before, I just didn't feel like saying anything, guess I should of. Oh, and the 'barney' lizard in the last screenshot made me laugh, good job though. I hope you re-make the weapons atleast.

DarkStorm said:

Oh, and the 'barney' lizard in the last screenshot made me laugh, good job though.

Half-Life Barney!!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!

I like the new gun in screenshot 3, and the(I'm assuming) P90 in screenshot 1 is cool too. /Me wants to beta-test!!

DarkStorm said:

I noticed the gfx weren't that well-shaped before, I just didn't feel like saying anything.

Shame, shame. That's the point of Beta Testing.

Hey man, I did say for you to give me bug fixes, suggestions, AND opinions! The suggestions and opinions could have been anything, including telling me that some of the gfx were not well shaped. :p

Nick Perrin: Yes, that is a P90, although I didn't have any pics to base it on, but I still say it's a somewhat good representation of the gun. :)

Lizardcommando said:

Nick Perrin: Yes, that is a P90, although I didn't have any pics to base it on, but I still say it's a somewhat good representation of the gun. :)

Well, it's quite good enough, as I recognized it! Just one word of advice: the deagle does not look like that in real life as it is portrayed in ICD-Lizard. If you want I can send you a first person view of a 3d model of one for you to base it off of.

P.S. Beta-Test!!

Really? That be nice. I did try and base it off of the Action Halflife Desert Eagle, but that was by memory. So I guess a screenshot would be cool. Thanks. :)

Don't worry, I'm trying to make the Baron of Hell replacement for LizardWar and the other scientist lizard for ICD-Lizard. When those are done, I'll try and get betas of those two up on the beta test site.

Lizardcommando said:

Really? That be nice. I did try and base it off of the Action Halflife Desert Eagle, but that was by memory. So I guess a screenshot would be cool. Thanks. :)

No problem. The Action Half-Life DEagle is a little messed up anyway.