Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Asephilocity

Another Megawad

Hey, Aseph here. Yet another Megawad for all you experienced mappers. This one is called "Immortal", and it's theme is basically a futuristic type wad. This wad will be totally Doom 2. The difficulty will differ between maps, because I'm letting the map makers decide. But it has to be BEATABLE, of course, and try to make things easy if you're going to do the earlier levels. Anyways, here's my list of things you can use for each series of levels:

Levels 1-5:
Monsters: Zombie, Shotgun Zombie, Chaingun Zombie, Imp, Lost Soul, Demon
Weapons: Chainsaw, Pistol(of course), Shotgun, DB Shotgun
Items: Green Armor, Medkits, Soul spheres, and ammo for each weapon used

Levels 6-12:
Monsters: Zombie, Shotgun Zombie, Chaingun Zombie, Imp, Lost Soul, Demon, Cacodemon, Hell Knight, Pain Elemental
Weapons: Chainsaw, Pistol(of course), Shotgun, DB Shotgun, Chaingun, Rocket Launcher
Items: Green Armor, Medkits, Soul spheres, Ammo, Invisibility Sphere, Light Amplificaton Goggles, Invulnerability Sphere

Levels 13-18:
Monsters: Zombie, Shotgun Zombie, Chaingun Zombie, Imp, Lost Soul, Demon, Cacodemon, Hell Knight, Baron Of Hell, Arachnotron, Mancubus Pain Elemental
Weapons: All but BFG
Items: All

Levels 19-25:
Monsters: All but Cyberdemon or Final Boss
Weapons: Go nuts

Levels 26-30:
Monsters: All but Final Boss
Weapons: All

Levels 31 and 32:
Monsters: All
Weapons: All

That's all. All slots are open. Let me know via this thread, send me an instant message at gcbain9000, or e-mail me at griffin_x24@hotmail.com.

There are already about 2 community megawads like this, why don't you wait until some of them are done before starting another?

Yeah, you may as well go make a map for Enigma or the Chest thingy, and when they are done, start your own if you still want to.

I'm working on a large project of my own myself, but starting yet another "open" project is unwise. People might as well pool resources together doing these things; two such projects is probably too much already, plus there's a responsibility of sorts in in doing a "community" project that doesn't come into play when doing a more private one. If I do something myself, but don't finish it, who cares, but if I start a (large, in number of people) group project, and then people leave, it was mostly a waste of time for a number of people (at best they release their maps separately... if they still have the incentive.) Also, this project looks way too much like Doom: Enigma (same format and idea, just the theme is a bit different.) That lack of originality makes it a bad start, in addition to possibly slowing down the other projects if people start to split up into groups or if they try to work on more than one at a time.

Asephilocity said:

I figured some of you would say that.

You probably also figured I'd say this, but I'll say it anyway. There is already a wad called Immortal, so it would make a lot of sense to choose a different name.

Ultimate DooMer said:

I already have... (my second, in fact)

Me too! After CC is done I won't be picking up any other projects for a while.

i might help. depends if there's a deadline or not. i only have internet access at my parents house and at university, and i can't stick doom editing stuff on at uni. [i'm also supposed to be working on a three and a half minute animation over the next ten weeks or so. that's 2520 frames of animation!!]

Grazza said:

I assumed he meant this Doom Anomaly.

actually no, There was a wad a long time again called Doom Anomaly, thats just a coincidink that it has the same name as I. The one I'm doing hasn't been released yet, I'm still working on it. And it will take a while till its released, so yeah. :D

The one you have there is I suppose another one called Doom Anomaly..

EDIT: here is a old thread about a wad called DOOM Anomaly (not relation to me ;))

starting _another_ open megawad at this point is utterly doomed to fail. If you still really want it done, good luck doing it yourself.

wtf, another community megawad?
We have like 3-4 megawads to do already (or some of us have :P)
Maybe you should wait some months or start with it yourself like erik said.
I am also starting a megawad (made by myself), when I am done with all my projects. At least 20 maps to do before that, heh :P

You'll need a theme for the megawad...

I'm probably the crappiest mapper on DooMworld but if ill take map01.

That's brilliant! Every member should make the crappiest level he/ she can think of.

naaaah, just kidding...

Good luck with the project Asephilocity, though you might have more luck if you ask again in like 2 months...

DOOM Anomaly said:

EDIT: here is a old thread about a wad called DOOM Anomaly (not relation to me ;))

That thread contains some interesting comments:
Lüt: "Haha, that reminds me, I just stumbled across the old Team Insanity/Doom Anomaly flamewars a few days ago."
skadoomer: "...for some reason the guy thought he was hot shit or something and the ext thing you know, a flame war has erupted. Anomaly hit several bumps alopng the way, and died in the end. ... Good riddence. ... Anomaly cauesed more peoblems in the doom community than any other mod i know of."

You sure it's no relation? :p

Grazza said:

You sure it's no relation? :p

That's right, skadoomer is a prophetic soul, and he speaks of the times when DOOM Anomaly will be a forum moderator. Just wait and see.

Actually ,I'll take map19 since I need to use the BFG.

It'll probably be the only map in the megawad

Yeah, well said; it'll probably be a 1 map megawad, eventually.

Okay Idkfa. I have you down for map 19. Anybody else not up to their shoulders in maps is free to join in. I'm going to keep this open, like I said, because although some of you think it's a bad idea, there are others who think differently.

EDIT: Oh, and I've renamed it. It's now called "The Depths", and it's theme kind of changes near the end. It starts out futuristic, with like space crafts and bases and stuff until levels 24-32. Then it's more of the hellish theme Doom Episode 3 had. Also, the final boss on level 32 is a Spiderdemon for whoever takes that one.

Asephilocity said:

It starts out futuristic, with like space crafts and bases and stuff until levels 24-32.

In part of my level, you go into a dark, underground slimey tunnel place. The rest of the level is in a base...that ok with the theme for that level?