Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leejacksonaudio

What are your plans for today?

The topic says it all. What are your plans for today, Doomworld Denizens? Do you have something special laid out, or are you going to just chill out with a good book/game/YouTube video/whatever? Please share here.

I'll start off - my son is coming over to visit today. The two of us plan to engage in a game of Star Wars Rebellion once he gets here. We've played three times before, always with him as the Empire and me as the Rebels. Well, today the tables are turned, as I take the role of the Empire for once. Should be interesting. 

I'm working from home today, a long day after a late night at a concert. But I'm feeling surprisingly spritely.

Would be nice to have a glass of wine with the wife tonight but we will see how this energy lasts. By the time the kids go to bed I might be ready myself.

At somepoint today I need to buy gift for my brother's birthday. Suggestions are welcome as I'm at a loss.

Write more pages for my thesis until it's time to cook dinner for my family, afterwards send draft to lecturer and send another email to other lecturer and take break, because it's not healthy to work without breaks. 

Subzero windchills and ice covering the ground. Good day to stay indoors and get some work done. Having just spent more than two weeks in India, I don't especially need any wild adventures at this point either. Fridge is full of goodies as I had checked the forecast and gone shopping.

Ive got a small job to do in an hour, should take no more than 2 hours max. Then I start what Im looking forward to, replaying a couple of unreleased levels and writing up some hopefully useful commentary for a fellow doomer. At some point I have to go by my computer guys house and pick up 3 laptops Ive had him working on. I'll probably swing by my favorite bar on the way home to see the regulars and have a quick drink. Oh yeah almost forgot, I have a GIANT corned beef that Im putting in the slow cooker this morning so theres that. Probably going to finish off the day chillin and falling asleep to a movie on netflix with the wife and dogs... the good life. 😀

Same as any other Friday I suppose, just survive. Once I'm home, probably some sleepin' or reading LOTR, been reading that since I finished Roadside Picnic again. There's a 2L bottle of pepsi in my fridge with my name on it, which is nice.

Going to get some housework done, mostly running the vacuum over the floors. I also plan to check my inventory of acrylic paints, see what colors I have as I think I need to get some new stock with the burnt umbers and siennas. I have a painting or two I want to get started. I want to get back into editing Doom. Took a week (or was it two) off. Got lots of supplies in yesterday and have a few leftovers so need to cook anything. Gonna go for a walk sometime too. This evening I'll be watching the hockey game (leafs vs hurricanes).

I was gonna take more breaks from social media, and keep working on my mods and maps, models for characters, sleep, do nothing, etc.

Its my day off from the internship I am currently in.

I have been sleeping a bit... watched some youtube... edited some doom maps for CPs I participate in... now I plan do get some housework and chores done...  in a couple of hours my kid will be home and then soon after my wife will be home... then my kid will likely want to play in the garden while the wife and I will have some coffee and watch old TV series on DVD... later I will be in the kitchen to prepare some food and later still I will have to feed the cats in the kitchen.

Whenever I have some energy I try to keep busy to keep the darkness at bay.

Anyway I'm off to the kitchen now to get stuff done and listen to some music from a local radio station.

Same as every day of mine. Just sitting infront of my computer, watching videos, reading articles, maybe contemplating my existence and simply doing nothing with myself.

What a life I live.

..well uh, maybe also TRY to think of ideas for maps. Dunno how that'll turn out.

(spoiler alert, i won't be able to think of anything)

Decided to get into reading more, so I got Agatha Christie's "Dumb Witness" from the local library just an hour ago. Not sure about the subject matter of the book yet, but the book cover and the name suggests about a dog witnessing something, but not being able to alert anyone.

20230317_153214.jpg.1c7871e7e319982da748aa17986962b4.jpg

Since today's St. Patty's Day, I'm going to wear green. Don't wanna get pinched, ya know..

Its Friday so I'll have a fairly relaxed day at work, chill out later, maybe do some mapping though I'm arguably at the "midway slump" phase of my current project - over the halfway point, but still much to do, so taking things at a relaxed pace atm, after a few weeks of working on it pretty solidly. 

1- Go to school like every other man

2- Endure the classes

3- Return home

4- Lurk a little bit on Doomworld

5- Actually do something on Doomworld

6- Play some shit (Doom, HL1, L4D, whatever)

7- Forget that I (probably) had homework.

Easy as that.

Packing stuff into cardboard boxes because of some plumbing renewal stuff happening soon here. Maybe try to write my new Hell Denizen story and shorten the two trailers into 60 seconds and 30 seconds and do some other stuff in the Steamworks checklist. Maybe I could rant about my mental exhaustion somewhere, but maybe I'm too exhausted to actually do that, at least yesterday I was. Suppose I'll have a glass of wine later tonight.

For today, working until sometime in the afternoon then getting started on my weekend.  My wife has shown interest in electronics and electrical circuits so I am trying to think of some simple circuits to have her work through.  She had fun building a basic 5V powered LED circuit yesterday, and got to see the results of experimenting trying to connect LEDs in series and the effects it has on voltage and current as the circuit takes in more components.  Trying to think of a simple 555-timer exercise for her today so she can see LEDs blinking at a fixed pace.

Just finished work at 7am and put the trash to the curb, so now I plan to play a bit of Resident Evil 2 remake until the pizza shop opens down the street at 11am, at which time I will eat pizza while watching the last two episodes of Alice in Borderland, take a shower, and be in bed by around 2pm to wake up at 10pm and work on some good ol' weapon mods for either Doom or Doom 3 until midnight, at which time my plans may not be explicitly relevant in this thread.

13 minutes ago, ValveMercenary said:

1- Go to school like every other man

2- Endure the classes

3- Return home

4- Lurk a little bit on Doomworld

5- Actually do something on Doomworld

6- Play some shit (Doom, HL1, L4D, whatever)

7- Forget that I (probably) had homework.

Easy as that.

The first three you had right, but I believe homework should be of higher priority... just a suggestion..

Preparing myself on my mini-staycation for the transition from a vampire to a daywalker, as I have transferred from night shift to day shift. I’m also preparing my new workout routine that I start this Sunday, and lastly, I am contemplating getting a tan so I can look my best at my commencement ceremony in May when I have graduated from college. 

Today is the day I board a train to Seattle, Washington. Will be staying there until Monday and returning Tuesday.

I've been wanting to do some travelling around the states for some time, after living out in Montana (virtually the middle of nowhere). Very soon I will have my first experience with a major city.

2 hours ago, HavoX said:

The first three you had right, but I believe homework should be of higher priority... just a suggestion..

Don't worry, in my school there's rarely any homework.

Hmm, well I don't have any school work I gotta do for another day or two, so I'll probably just play some stuff. I also have game night tonight at the DOSBox Deathmatch Club, we're playing Terminal Velocity.

I trained yesterday, so today I'll be resting, probably start a map I needed to make, or play League until I pass out