Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cursed Lemon

How to play / where to get all the Doom 64 Absolution content

Hey guys, so I'm having a bitch of a time trying to consolidate/access all the old Doom 64 Absolution content. I know a lot of it is compiled in Nevander's Retribution release, but that is specifically missing the following elements:

1. The additional secret content in the normal game levels in Absolution
  2. "The Reckoning" map pack by Steven Searle
  3. One-off maps including Waste Processing, Mining Front, Temple Grounds, and Temple Ruins
  4. The extra unfinished maps Control, Derelict, and Forge from the Outcast Levels (which apparently were ported to Doom 64 EX?)
  5. The additional enemy types

I have the base Absolution game, but is there some kind of central repository for all the extra stuff that got added to Absolution over the years or something?

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

The extra unfinished maps Control, Derelict, and Forge from the Outcast Levels (which apparently were ported to Doom 64 EX?)

I’m only familiar with these maps in a finished state from Nevander’s mod - he finished the levels himself and included them amongst the other Outcast levels.

https://youtu.be/kOn6Y32ouP4

There were actually quite a lot of single custom maps for Absolution, they were just released without any real attention. Quite a few interesting ones in there too when I played them. A lot of those were just quietly released on sites like wadsinprogress, some of which I stumbled upon too late as their download links were dead.

On 3/17/2023 at 4:17 PM, Cursed Lemon said:

Hey guys, so I'm having a bitch of a time trying to consolidate/access all the old Doom 64 Absolution content. I know a lot of it is compiled in Nevander's Retribution release, but that is specifically missing the following elements:

1. The additional secret content in the normal game levels in Absolution
  2. "The Reckoning" map pack by Steven Searle
  3. One-off maps including Waste Processing, Mining Front, Temple Grounds, and Temple Ruins
  4. The extra unfinished maps Control, Derelict, and Forge from the Outcast Levels (which apparently were ported to Doom 64 EX?)
  5. The additional enemy types

I have the base Absolution game, but is there some kind of central repository for all the extra stuff that got added to Absolution over the years or something?

1. Since I based D64RTR on EX, I will likely not add the level changes present in the Absolution versions, but it's not definitive.

2. This is coming next! I hope and plan to really get them rolling soon. I will also be adding the unique PSX levels converted to Retribution style.

3. This is also coming later, and will be added similar to the Fun Maps Hub, which will be a Community Maps Hub where you can play any of them.

4. Yup they are in the Outcast episode in Retribution. Fun fact, the names were made up by me. Then they were ported to Doom CE/EX afterwards.

5. Right now, I don't think I will integrate the additional enemies. Just not a priority. I might add them later as a toggleable option.

I know @Immorpher has compiled a spreadsheet of all the 64 content somewhere.