Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bri0che

*(ALPHA)* NostalDoom - a Doom I E1 full replacement.

Played through the first map it felt ok. I liked lighting in particular. Now ammunition felt very tight without the secrets. I personally did not mind it at all but it could be a divisive for other players.

31 minutes ago, JJBoren said:

Now ammunition felt very tight without the secrets.

Yes, it is indeed a question that I cannot decide. Maybe should I just give a free chainsaw so you can better deal with the demons, now I'm pretty sure pistol is enough for zombies and imps as it is E1M1.

Here's my FDA of E1M1, nice map with classic E1 feeling and cool references to the original. I'll try to record the rest of the maps during the next days if that's useful for you :)

1 hour ago, Fernito said:

Here's my FDA of E1M1, nice map with classic E1 feeling and cool references to the original. I'll try to record the rest of the maps during the next days if that's useful for you :)

Thank you for the video ! It will help me a lot with the rest of the set :p

22 minutes ago, Fernito said:

Another very nice map full of references to the originals! :) 

You nearly found another secret :p

In the maze there is a wall with DOOREND, it's a shootable door that contain a computermap.

One secret is at the beginning, on the right. He has a switch that lead to the second secret: the glasses.

2 maps in, loving it so far.

When are you hoping to have the final version done? And do you plan to do further episodes or just call it a day with Ep 1?

Nice work! I can’t get enough of Doom 1 wads.

9 minutes ago, Captain Keen said:

2 maps in, loving it so far.

When are you hoping to have the final version done? And do you plan to do further episodes or just call it a day with Ep 1?

Nice work! I can’t get enough of Doom 1 wads.

I plan a full release maybe in one or two months, depending of my inspiration.

5 maps are finished for now, so I've done over half the work to do :)

And the original starting project was about recreating E2, not E1… I won't promise anything but I still want to do something about this, maybe I'll do every single episode with the time it will take, release each of them separately, and regroup them for a final big Doom I megawad ? :p

Anyway, I had a lot of fun creating these maps, so I hope you had as much !

1 hour ago, Bri0che said:

And the original starting project was about recreating E2, not E1… I won't promise anything but I still want to do something about this, maybe I'll do every single episode with the time it will take, release each of them separately, and regroup them for a final big Doom I megawad ? :p

A good idea!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to more from Ep 1!

2 minutes ago, Astro X said:

Damn, thank you for this fresh video ! I'll check it out right now ! It will greatly help me ;)

6 minutes ago, Bri0che said:

Damn, thank you for this fresh video ! I'll check it out right now ! It will greatly help me ;)

Sorry for no commentary. All I can say is that I loved the nostalgia and the secrets! Your maps are cool xD

I definitely recommend this.

Another person doing a Doom 1 mapset? I will give this a try when i can.

As far for DSDA goes i tried booting it up and i got some kind of error say "W_GetNumForName: PNAMES not found" Now i don't know what this means since i'm new to DSDA doom source port but that's what i got.

I do have a question though. Are you plan on doing all the levels by yourself or are you going to have like a guess mapper in the future.

First, thank you for the interest you have for this project :)

1 hour ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

As far for DSDA goes i tried booting it up and i got some kind of error say "W_GetNumForName: PNAMES not found" Now i don't know what this means since i'm new to DSDA doom source port but that's what i got.

Yes, I exactly got the same error message, I'm not sure but it seems like it's about IWAD ressource, but I can't really understand what's the problem. I properly used the correct IWAD ressource (Doom.wad) to me, the fact is that I don't have any problem with the other source ports… :/

I do have a question though. Are you plan on doing all the levels by yourself or are you going to have like a guess mapper in the future.

That's an excellent question I've asked to myself. Well, I guess it's a no, I will release this particular E1 all by myself.

In the other hand my actual plan is also to do E2, E3, E4, all of them separately, and so compile the whole into a final single megawad.

It's not impossible but that's a lot of work for one person. Maybe I should eventually look for another person to work with. Now, who ?

1 hour ago, Bri0che said:

That's an excellent question I've asked to myself. Well, I guess it's a no, I will release this particular E1 all by myself.

In the other hand my actual plan is also to do E2, E3, E4, all of them separately, and so compile the whole into a final single megawad.

It's not impossible but that's a lot of work for one person. Maybe I should eventually look for another person to work with. Now, who ?

Oh man, i know that feeling of doing E1 solo. I release an updated version of my E1, i plan on doing E2 E3 and E4 solo as well. 

All i'll say is since i'm still on a burn out from doing fixes to my Doom 1 E1 maps take your time. Trust me if you rush things it will end up looking like trash, i should know because i did that to my E1M7 before remaking it.

15 hours ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Oh man, i know that feeling of doing E1 solo. I release an updated version of my E1

I love Doom 1 wads. Do you have a link to the latest version of your episode? I glanced at your profile but didn’t see an obvious Doomworld thread for it.

46 minutes ago, Captain Keen said:

I love Doom 1 wads. Do you have a link to the latest version of your episode? I glanced at your profile but didn’t see an obvious Doomworld thread for it.

Yeah give me a moment and i'll link it here.

Here you go:

Recorded a casual demo on Woof! through E1M1 with the Ultimate Doom complevel (3) and died on E1M2's start room for getting "cornered".

Really fun WAD to be honest, I really like the calm MIDI included.

I really wish Doom I WADs were more popular, one can dream though.

My demo can be downloaded here for anyone that wishes to see my amateur-ish playthrough.

3 hours ago, ValveMercenary said:

Recorded a casual demo on Woof! through E1M1 with the Ultimate Doom complevel (3) and died on E1M2's start room for getting "cornered".

Really fun WAD to be honest, I really like the calm MIDI included.

My demo can be downloaded here for anyone that wishes to see my amateur-ish playthrough.

Thank you for your demo, I'll check this 

17 hours ago, ValveMercenary said:

Agreed! Though to be fair the last year or so has been really kind to us Doom 1 lovers. Silence, Stickney and 2022 A Doom Odyssey all came out and were great. And this one looks like it’ll be right up there with them. There’s also the community project 95 Never Dies. Plus I guess Sigil 2 is gonna be Doom 1 again too.

Here's my playthrough of e1m4. I really like your wad, the maps have a very classic feeling to them, I think it's cool that you made "homages" to the original levels but always with some kind of interesting twist. Very cool stuff! :)

46 minutes ago, Fernito said:

Here's my playthrough of e1m4. I really like your wad, the maps have a very classic feeling to them, I think it's cool that you made "homages" to the original levels but always with some kind of interesting twist. Very cool stuff! :)

Thank you again :)

By the way, to anyone wondering, I've almost finished the set.

E1M4 and E1M6 are still under construction and E1M7 isn't started yet.

I plan a full release for middle May.

Doom1 is my fabourite style, always (yes, lot of nostalgia but also the gameplay)
First two maps were really cool and it match perfectly with my mod on (hope that not hurt your eyes/ears)
An amazing one incoming for sure. Keep roking man!

54 minutes ago, WARDUST said:

Doom1 is my fabourite style, always (yes, lot of nostalgia but also the gameplay)
First two maps were really cool and it match perfectly with my mod on (hope that not hurt your eyes/ears)
An amazing one incoming for sure. Keep roking man!

Indeed a very good match ! Did your mod have a public release ? I'm kinda interested :)