Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technicolor

I want to say something about Quake

This is only about Quake 1. 

If you set Quake 1 to maximum autoaim in console, this game becomes very much like Doom, which is a good thing. 

Quake 1 Engine movements have smilarities with Doom Engine, which makes me ask this question. How much engine smilarities Doom and Quake Engine has?

Movements in Quake 1 have smilarities with Doom. I only mean Quake 1.

Quake 1's gameplay is far closer to Doom than Quake 2. Quake 2's game play is very different.

Edited by Technicolor

Uhh, idk. Doom and Quake are like a night and day to me. Similar but not quite. Well both have key hunting, teleporters and a similar arsenal of weapons. 

Technicolor threads never disappoint on obliviousness.

1 hour ago, Technicolor said:

How much engine smilarities Doom and Quake Engine has?

The difference between night and day.

And if you want to know more, check Carmack's .plan's.

Also in PDF format:

1 hour ago, Technicolor said:

Quake 1's gameplay is far closer to Doom than Quake 2. Quake 2's game play is very different.

A meaningless statement.

I always turn auto aim off and turn the crosshair on with Quake. I don’t want it to feel more like Doom, I want it to feel like Quake. 

2 hours ago, Technicolor said:

2 hours ago, Technicolor said:

I can't believe you lied to me like this

3 hours ago, Technicolor said:

Quake 1 Engine movements have smilarities with Doom Engine

There is no way you have played both Doom and Quake if you believe this.

I want to say something about Technicolor

This is only about Technicolor's threads. 

If you read Technicolor's threads, your brain becomes very loopy and delirious, which is a surreal thing. 

Posts in Technicolor's threads have similarities with the dialogue in a Neil Breen movie. I only mean Technicolor's posts.

Technicolor's threads bring you far closer to genuine insanity than troll threads. Troll threads are very different.

5 hours ago, Technicolor said:

How much engine smilarities Doom and Quake Engine has? 

I recall reading about how Quake and even Doom 3 shared a singular function from the Doom engine but aside from that they're entirely different.

Summoning @Quasar as I recall him making a post about it.

If you set Quake 1 to maximum autoaim in console, this game becomes very much like Doom, which is a good thing. 

Quake 1 Engine movements have smilarities with Doom Engine, which makes me ask this question. How much engine smilarities Doom and Quake Engine has?

Movements in Quake 1 have smilarities with Doom. I only mean Quake 1.

Spoiler

i like hawaian pizza

idk, quake is movements are more quick and soft and cool

Fn-SNRVWAAMzNS9.jpg

[...]If you set Quake 1 to maximum autoaim in console[...]

How do you do that?

I played Doom, Quake and other Quake games.

Doom and Quake 1 have so similar gameplay. Other Quake games were so different.

Quake 1 and Doom are so smilar, unlike other quake games.

Some people may not know Quake 1 has autoaim just like Doom. You just have to write it in the console back then. 

When you did that in 1996, quake would turn into a doom game.

6 hours ago, Technicolor said:

Having direct personal experience on developing both Doom (64) and Quake, I can assure you their movement behaviour is very much not the same, or even similar. Depending on which Quake you're looking at, Quake isn't really similar to Doom or Quake2 (QuakeWorld however is very much proto Quake2).

Just now, Edward850 said:

Having direct personal experience on developing both Doom (64) and Quake, I can safely assure you their movement behaviour is very much not the same, or even similar. Quake1 is closer to Quake2 than it is to Doom.

Quake 1 movemements are a lot closer to Doom than Quake 2.

You should try Quake 1 at autoaim. Quake 1 has autoaim.

I'm sorry, you think the engines are similar because Quake has autoaim? No. That is absolutely not how that works. You need to stop.
Also you don't need to tell me to try Quake, my name is in the credits.

Edited by Edward850

40 minutes ago, Technicolor said:

People on this forum don't even notice the gameplay smilarities between Quake 1 and Doom. 

It must be a joke.

You are arguing with people who I guarantee have more experience with the internals of these games than you do.

Doom is a lot like Wolfenstein 3D because they have some of the same colors included in their palette. Wolfenstein 3D is a lot like Commander Keen because the Commodore 64 was invented in 1964. Apples are a lot like Grapes because Spider-Man created gravity. Water is salty because it’s just like gravy. Jupiter is a lot like the earth because it is round. Aliens invented electricity because they have the same Autoaim as ghosts. 

@s4f3s3x open the console with tilde and type

sv_aim 0

then press enter. 

The default is 0.93, and anything from 1 or higher turns Autoaim off. 

other useful commands:

+mlook (enables mouselook, though most ports have this by default)

crosshair 1 (turns on crosshair)

Edited by DNSKILL5

When I set Quake 1 to maksimum autoaim, it is just like Doom. 

If you ever play Quake 1 with only keyboard, you will know the engine smilarities.

Funny how you're drawing conclusions about the engine internals from some superficial gameplay similarities. Yes, they did draw upon Doom for much of the gameplay formula because that's all they had time for, but that says nothing about the Quake engine, which is totally different from the Doom engine.

Serously, Quake 1 has smilar play. If you don't know this. İt is because you haven't tried Quake 1 with maximum atoaim in the console. You should try Quake 1 with keyboard only at maximum autoaim.