Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zark

Continuing the trend of posts about young 'uns...

I was waiting at the bus stop with my girlfriend today and I saw 3 boys, who couldn't have been older than 13 or 14, teasing and making fun of another boy. This other boy (whose name I later found out to be Angus) was really upset, he was crying. This really got to me and my girlfriend. She wanted me to do something, stand up to these guys, who were like half my size. I could've. Part of me wanted to. I was so angry.

Angry at myself more than anyone. Part of me wanted to tell those guys to fuck off, leave the poor kid alone. Another part of me didn't want anything to do with this. After all, I didn't understand the full story. But the kid was obviously upset.

I'm so pissed off at myself for not doing anything. I feel like such an idiot. The kid reminded me of myself when I was younger, shy, lonely, kept to himself, didn't involve himself in other people's problems...

I've hardly changed at all. I dunno why but this incident really made me think, about who I am, about what I can do. I need more self confidence. I need to be more assertive and speak whats on my mind more.

Sorry about the rant.

It's hard to say whats right in that situation. I have stood up for strangers in the past that my friends were teasing, but I cant help but wonder if I should have. Sometimes it's not welcome. The kid may have preffered that no one did anything to avoid further embarrasment and feelings of helplessness. Also, such things sometimes make people stronger in the end.

I seem to have had a little fun times with my name as well... It's hard not to have something to say about a kid named Moosacha Williams, but shit, no matter how young I was I alweys seemed to have an understanding that it's just a name and other than triggering a responce form me, is completely unrelated to who I am. I'd never cry about it =P

Never had any problems with name calling and verbal insults we just use to beat the shit out of each other in gangs which would suck when you would become the target. Now yes as said above it leaves you stronger in the end cuz now I have the rep and experience to take one quite of few people who are assholes.
I guess it does depend on the situation but alot of times it does leave people with ways on how to deal with a similar problem in the future.

I have allways been the person that beats the shit out of bulleys. I hate people that pick on others. I think you should have steped in. Ya nevr know how far those 2 kids wold have taken it.

I used to be like that, but when I turned about 16 I swung around. One day I found my brother was being picked on by someone in my year, and I basically pushed this tard head first into a wall in his study I was so angry. Heh, the funny thing is I beat on my bro all the time, though he's getting big enough now to beat on me o_O

I've also found in the last couple of years I'm much more able to diffuse a situation through talk and threat rather than resorting to action. I guess that just improves with age.

humans, like most primates, have a social order so things like that will always happen. you cant beat your self up for not doing anything. though if the kids were getting on my bad side i would show them a thing or two

Assmaster said:

Also, such things sometimes make people stronger in the end.

Or...in "theory", make this kid another Columbine shooter. Which I don't really believe. But who knows? Maybe those kids who were teasing him had brothers in a drug cartel and you would've been a dead man if you messed with them...kind of like American History X. Kind of. Either way though, I understand your frustration. I think that God gives us opportunities to better ourselves and do good things...you had one of those chances. Granted, you didn't take advantage of it, but there'll be others. Let yourself learn from this one and don't allow yourself to do nothing again.

P.S.: You're not a bad guy. At least you had emotions about the situation.

ravage said:

I still am. :(

You're not alone ravage, me too. :(

If I had things MY way, I'd kill any stupid bastard that makes fun of me or hates me. I'd shoot 'em up with an HK-MP5K, blast their heads open with a .50AE Desert Eagle, and slice them into pieces with a Katana!!! Then to finish them off, BURN EM AAAALL WITH MOLOTOV COCKTAILS!!!!!!! ........But if that were to happen, there'd be a lot of dead people...

Anyways, to be serious though, I just hate how human nature (or was it Social Darwainism?) works. Just because someone is bigger and stronger than someone, doesn't give them the right to tease the little guy. It's things like this that causes stuff like Columbine to happen, but everyone (the government usually) doesn't seem to give a damn! All they do is BLAME DOOM/Any other Ultra-Violent FPS, BLAME MUSIC, BLAME MOVIES, BLAME ETC. Gawd, bullying is fucked up!!!

zarcy, as you get older you'll get better at being completely unphased by anything a shitbasket 16-year old has to say. especially if you start to end up in situations where you have to deal with them on a regular basis.

Lizardcommando said:

Just because someone is bigger and stronger than someone, doesn't give them the right to tease the little guy.

Size has almost nothing to do with it. It's more about one's behavior and how one is percieved.

Oh, that too. But just because someone acts or looks differently it STILL doesn't give people the right to make fun of someone!!! I've encountered both those kinds of people; people that make fun of someone because of size and people that make fun of someone because of differences. I HATE THOSE KINDS OF PEOPLE AND I WISH THE GOVERNMENT WOULD GIVE ME PERMISSION TO HUNT EACH AND EVERYONE OF THOSE BASTARDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....Sorry, had to release some anger there. :/ :p

I used to get picked on, when I was younger, however I've done self-sparring in ju jitsu and also with my friend Chris who has taught me some Karate as well, he's a 7th degree blackbelt, and my age, 19. I don't use it unless I need to. Typically, you should try to defuse the situation through words, it makes you the bigger man. But sometimes you just need to kick the shit out of people, like I have to those who picked on me when I was in public school, and I see downtown sometimes, who still think "He's only 160 pounds" then it's on, and I usually end up spraining wrists, kicking them in the head, etc. I haven't had any problems since. You won't get help unless you help yourself, which I did. This kid needs to as well.

Assmaster said:

I actually kinda was the bully.
But I stopped :)

Lucky for you that you did.
/Me puts his machete back in his drawer and closes it firmly.

Lizardcommando said:
Oh, that too. But just because someone acts or looks differently it STILL doesn't give people the right to make fun of someone!!! I've encountered both those kinds of people; people that make fun of someone because of size and people that make fun of someone because of differences. I HATE THOSE KINDS OF PEOPLE AND I WISH THE GOVERNMENT WOULD GIVE ME PERMISSION TO HUNT EACH AND EVERYONE OF THOSE BASTARDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....Sorry, had to release some anger there. :/ :p

Exactly the kind of thing you want written on a doom fourm.

Luckily,(at least in my opinion) I go to a small school where bullies are not the majority. In fact, when some guys were picking on someone younger, a guy in my class went up to the leader and punched him in the nose and broke it.
Ahh, good citizenship.
The bully got suspended and the guy that punched him the nose got 1 hour of detention (you get 2 hours if you use profanity in class)

Heh...I used to be picked on all the time when I was little. Not much physical stuff, mostly psychological damage. But by the time I got through Jr. High, I was numb enough to all insults that I just didn't care anymore...sometimes I laughed at some of the stupider ones. At any rate, it seems like about the time I stopped caring, people stopped picking on me, so It's all good.

Heh one year at school I was picked on by most of the people. The next school year some bully guy tried to start that all over again. I almost beat it to death by slamming his head on the brick wall and on the concret floor. The next day people left me alone and I was quite happy about it. It took a week before this guy came back to school and always stayed away from me for some reason :P. Back at that time (I was about 12-13 years old) the only way to not be picked on at school was to be either a cool, sportive kid, a bully, or someone that beat the shit out of a bully.

Also I didn't get punished by the teachers because I proved them it was self-defense.