Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kisadillah

Death Guard.wad

I havnt made it through yet but this is a solid bit of mapping. Im trying to make it through saveless and keep making it a little further and further but it is so well made that Im enjoying the hell out of it and not finding any of the deaths/restarts frustrating at all. Its not that anything is extremely difficult persay just that the ammo and health is balanced just so that its a little tight while always having just enough and the traps can surprise you and catch you off guard. Good job and thank you for making this.

I cant imagine what it takes to craft a map this finely detailed. Everything from the crisscross progression, the immaculate doomcute everywhere, the delicately balanced supplies to the suprising monster placement every step of the way. This really came across as upper echelon work. Thanks for the many many many replays I got out of it.

Great map. I did have a video but OBS doesn't like running outside windows. It's fine though. I was basically all out of ammo for the baddies at the end.

But on a more specific note, the detail in some of the more darkened rooms was just so cool! Looked like actual lived-in spaces in spots and the thing with "Plasma"....you just want to keep going!

Absolute ripper of a map, fam. Beautifully detailed with some fun, varied set pieces and really nicely put together combat scenarios. Huge improvement from your last map. Well done! ;^)

I'm only halfway through. I died at:

Spoiler

all the lost souls in the nukage area since I didn't grab the radiation suit first (I didn't see the sign above the suit until my second attempt)

but I feel like I need to chime in about how cool this is already. 

Spoiler

the hidden imp next to the switch, having to make a mad dash to the rocket launcher after the hell knights appear, the area that's literally just a bathroom

and the way the starting area is constructed to make it feel like you've just arrived via road trip somehow are all my most favorite parts.

I also enjoy how often you

Spoiler

used lost souls in long hallway areas

gave it a really classic doom feel.

the only criticism I can give is that it feels a little too busy in some places, it's hard to tell what I need to pay attention to when everything is so detailed.

Edited by TheDanMarine

Competently made map, I liked it. Didn't blow me away, but had a consistent style, good fights. 

Played on GZDooM Version 4.8.2 and Played on Hurt Me Plenty.

Experience Sum Up:

This, for a DooM IWAD based map, with seemingly little extras/modding to it, is actually fairly well done.

Throughout the level, while using stock can be seen as amateurish. This, I believe, second ever level is detailed enough to be quite the looker.

Blood stains, touches of wear and tear and just various ambient touches.

General combat and traps are handled decently, revisiting areas is possible, but only after completing the circuit. 

You might need to play a bit carefully though, ammo can be a tad sparse. At least during the playthrough done, had a small drought mid way in.

Like the music, though usually relaxing music signifies that it'll be a tough map. Thankfully it's chill "mostly" all the way.

Improvement Suggestions:

1) Add a little more Clip, Shell and Cell small ammo drops throughout the corridors of the map.

2) Add skill/difficulty support to help very the level playthroughs. Harder or Easier, up to you.

Rating = Play [and a contender for replaying it too, I can't put in it in my Love rating, sadly the DooM IWAD feels limiting to me, but it's probably to the PWADs accessibility's favour.]

See ya for now, bye.

Nice solid map, attractive detailing and pleasant difficulty!  Played it in brutal doom after as it's quite well balanced for that, seeing as nothing gets too crazy.  Great stuff!

Well done! Music and atmosphere was good, Some of the areas and doors looked samey enough that I got confused or lost a handful of times but overall was nice to look at. I would add more chaingun ammo for the rooms with the cacos, but other than that health and ammo was available, but not so available that it wasn't intense anymore. The attention to detail in the environment is superb, so diffidently keep up on that!

I finally finished the whole thing, it took me quite a few attempts on UV no save, so I got to be quite familiar with it. thoughts below:

Spoiler

you are way too fond of sound-based ambushes from behind. toward the end I was keeping my back to the wall almost 100% of the time. 

on a similar note I managed to cheese the hell-knight rocket launcher area because I realized the sound sector wasn't in the lift room, so I just kept luring monsters in there first to kill them. 

the sense of place only gets better the more I play and notice, I didn't realize the room right after the bathroom was a bedroom until attempt four, and the crates on the conveyor belt in the opening area was something I didn't notice at first either. 

the lost souls in hallways got grating after a while, but that's more the fault of lost souls than you. if only they had a bit less health.

I'm guessing this map was made by/for players way better than I am, because I cannot kill both a cyberdemon and a spider mastermind with that much ammo. I just had to run past and hope nothing shot me to death on those parts. 

speaking of which, trying to battle the cyberdemon on that narrow bridge got me killed more than a few times. I'm not used to fighting him in close quarters like that. I could feel how grandiose you were trying to make things, though. I just didn't have time to stop and notice the details!

finally I really enjoyed how you used the keycard doors and verticality to make it so I could see old areas but not get to them. coming out on the other side of the red bars only to see a healthpack I didn't need then but really need now that I could no longer get to was a great realization.

boy am I glad that's done. I might go back to this in the future and see if I can UV-max it, but for now I'm tired of this thing!

This map is simple yet quite neat and detailed.  I really like the indoor/outdoor transition from the beginning and the latter game heading to the exit.  Inside the facility, there are a couple of things that drag my attention.  The lighting in the vicinity where the secret backpack is looking good and the toilet seems to be one of the entrances that hell spawn got into the techbase.  I also like the route that you have the player from outside the techbase to the indoor environment; the sewer is also one of the memorable places that makes me feel deep and hard rumbling through the whole base.  The extraction route for exit was guarded by cyberdemon and spider mastermind really spice things up drastically, I guess that's why the name of this wad has been made.  All in all, it was quite an enjoyable run for Death Guard.

A very strong map with great attention to detail. The "DoomCute" is a lot to take in here. The leveldesign is nice, the location is interesting to explore, and the visuals are beautiful. I won't hesitate to suggest this map on Cacowards, as I really love Ultimate Doom vibe and this style of mapping, maps of this quality don't come out every day. Good work! (But a couple of points about textures are worth correcting, so as not to catch the extra greedy eyes.)