Find results in...
ICID

Endless Random /idgames WAD Adventures #056

W1YRoRh.pngYTGuSWb.png

Real Men Use Doombuilder (2006) by ravage

Play Settings

Source Port: dsda-doom, complevel 9

Difficulty: UV

The worst kind of jokewad, in that it's only the regular amount of stupid. I feel like I'm much more forgiving than most of our ER/iWA writers when it comes to the truly ridiculous - hell, I even had sorta good things to say about a Terrywad last adventure - but this is basically just a cramped, maze-y map that happens to spell out its own title. It also has multiple HOMs which I assumed were the one attempt at a visual "joke" but which might just be a result of the mapper specifying the wrong IWAD, per Walter's review.

I will note that the author of this, better known as Fletcher`, is a two-time Cacoward winner and active community project contributor with far better work than this, even in the world of jokemaps, so don't take this one misfire as any meaningful indication of their output.

Grade: 3/10

iuurT7l.pngMWfqCch.png

SutaSuma (2020) by Nikku4211

Play Settings

Source Port: dsda-doom, complevel 3

According to the text file, this is the author's first map. It has all of 8 monsters and almost nothing to talk about save a mildly amusing use of a Doomcute "jail cell" to hold the red key. It also looks pretty nice, at least relative to the hot garbage I've been looking at for these adventures lately. Nothing offensive, but I once again feel obligated to remind people that you don't have to, and in fact probably shouldn't, upload your very first test maps to /idgames.

Grade: 5/10

2wi8Uzh.pngwwYDzpn.png

NewCity (1996) by Chris Spain

Play Settings

Source Port: dsda-doom, complevel 3

Like anyone who plays too many random wads, I have grown to despise "Running From Evil", the song which plays in Doom II's MAP01. Fortunately, that's not a problem with Ultimate Doom WADs because they are rarer, they have three MAP01s to choose from, and the default first level song is the far superior "At Doom's Gate". Unless, of course, you were to patch D_RUNNIN into E1M1. Which is what this does.

Unfortunate music selection aside, this was a real hidden gem! A clearly Downtown-inspired city map with a whole lot of Doomcute and pretty amazing attention to aesthetics considering the year it was released. I particularly enjoyed the Hotel Grover, which manages to perfectly capture the aesthetic of a real hotel in (mostly) vanilla Doom while also using the space to set up some pretty good fights. It's probably a little too big and finding the needed keys is more annoying than it needs to be, but if you're a weirdo like me who actually enjoys city maps, this one is worth your time.

Grade: 6/10

5 hours ago, ICID said:

It also has multiple HOMs which I assumed were the one attempt at a visual "joke" but which might just be a result of the mapper specifying the wrong IWAD, per Walter's review.

Actually, is just the author that forgot to put the WFALLx textures in the wad including the TEXTURE lump, for some bizarre reason.

Was hanging out with @Biodegradable and he was pressing the random ID games button - he found this but didn't seem interested in playing it

but it's called pork

PORK!!

Come bro how could you not - so I did:

Link: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/p-r/pork2

96 map but you know what I liked it lol - we had fun and here is the experience - silly but interesting enough

This isn't part of my random adventure series since I didn't push the button but come on

give points

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/a-c/caos3

This is a 1995 map. I had a bit of fun with it. It's a key and switch hunt but there is some novelty due to it being an old wad, nostalgia of 95... After a few false starts I got through the whole thing, it plays well! The final cyberdemon fight is a bit cramped but you have cells for days. I got a bit confused searching for the final switch but that's more on me than anything.

A solid 1995 map03 by Antonio Moreno. I like little warnings like these in txtfiles

"At last Iïve had enough time to finish number three and four of the series caos... Behind the blue door...wath your back. Thatïs my favorite part...donït forget to save...;-)"

Didn't need to save but thanks for the heads up! Also it's sweet that mapper thanks their lone tester 

"Javier Herrera for playing it hundreds of times telling me everything  that doesnït work at first...
I hope you enjoy it..."

Javier did a great job, I didn't find anything broken in this map. I enjoyed how ambitious it is for 1995 and some of the barrel play is cute. Nothing extravagant, but since there is a promise of caos 1 thru 4, there is an additional challenge to follow this mapper through their maturation process. I am always surprised when I click random and get a very old wad and it plays well.

footage

FYP (2003) by Jow (GZDoom)

Made in a hatred feeling towards a certain person...

Yeah, it's basically about as atocious as you'd might expect. Basically, a series of techbase corridors that actually have a decent amount of visual variation for a collection of darkened corridors that prove to spell "Fuck Phoebus" if you open the automap and type in "idbeholda". Phoebus, for those who don't know, was the owner of NewDoom, a site that served for some time as the counterpart to Doomworld before Phoebus became a greedy shit or something if I'm understanding right and shut the site down when no one wanted to help him pay for the costs. Could he even be fit to lick Lowtax's boots..don't' answer that. So maybe this was kind of deserved. But really, making your entire map consist of damaging floors with zero health and tagging every sector a secret presumably to abuse the ZDoom secret notification completely wrecks this. Seriously, do you want me to talk about the pictures of Phobus and the MSPaint letters? Please 0/10

Spoiler

H2qunle.png

Spoiler

6TH3TPp.png

23 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

HARRIS11.WAD (2000) by Lawrence Harrison (Crispy Doom)

Oh, you stumbled on an another wad I already discovered ! That one has nothing really notable for sure. I like the light gradients surrounding the lava pools though.

Year 2 Month 03 Day 13

I play until I die or intentionally stop. I don't comment the wad where I died/stopped.

[1] ALAB (Ain't Life A Bitch) by Cyber Tech (Toledo, Ohio) CDCS / The Greenview Group (1996)

Spoiler

Avjh3VT.png
hw8m9IO.png
qYOEau3.png
MvdqRqG.png
vRkD30j.png
eH9WXdt.png
qtelgot.png
KCc2JYW.png
bK8lQMO.png
N9eqaM3.png
HGKCIWH.png
OFfU6p7.png

When did DOOM come out.. '92?? Started Then.. 3 NEW levels

Three levels, without new music, new texture or new map names. Doom in its rawest form, but the author still provided a brief description about each map.

Spoiler

Level1                  : You've arrived at the the Main Gate fairly intact
                          and as you lead the charge you glance back and find
                          out you are completely alone. No way back, forward
                          is the only way out?

Level2                  : A pool party, but you're not on the guest list.
                          Oh-Oh looks like that big RED round guy means
                          business...

Level3                  : They said when you got here you would find plenty
                          of work... guess I should of joined the union by
                          the looks of those guys.

Each map has no specific theme but try to create some pseudo-realistic locations. Map 01 mostly takes place in a sort of castle, map 02 around a giant pool with appartments and I don't really know about map 03. I could recognize a "garage" in the last map. Anyway, for a 1996 wad, those maps have more than decent aesthetics but I mostly respect the emphasis on large areas which serve as a sort of hub linking to many places to explore. Each map took me approximately 10 - 15 minutes to complete, and while I could reproach a tad unnecessary obscure progression, the semi-realistic environments help to not get bored.

The maps are easy to play. Grab the Super Shotgun and you become invincible. The author also loves to create overgenerous item caches with notably several blue armors. He tried to spice up the game by placing the SSG later in the map but it doesn't make much difference unless if you play on nightmare mode probably.

So, ALAB is a cozy old-school minisode featuring some doomcute and lot of exploration. I liked.

Grade : B

A group of cacodemons overwhelmed me whereas I was stuck in a pit in Zandor2

Spoiler

1K19Tcd.png

Year 2 Month 03 Day 14

I play until I die or intentionally stop. I don't comment the wad where I died/stopped.

[1] Harvested Sorrow by Michael Smith (2001)

Spoiler

ysT8ONN.png
I2i5vDw.png
DcnQ1kx.png
fXAijRk.png
Uo8H6Rs.png
ve0JeXY.png

multi-themed map, wood, marble, metal

Three sections, thee keys to obtain in a level finishable under 10 minutes.  It replaces the 15th slot for some reasons so you can still enjoy D_RUNNIN without typing IDMUS 01 or 15.

Harvested Sorrow's challenge is inexistant. The monsters are mostly waiting to be killed. The first section sends you in a crampy monotonous viny maze and the others ones are even less memorable perhaps because of the omnipresence of brown and lack of concept.

Harvested Sorrow seems to be quite retarded. It would be a decent level for 1995/1996 but it's so-so compared to the 2001 standards. Anyway, despite the boredom and the absence of a real highlight, it's a totally playable map which didn't bother me.

Grade : C+

I stop here for today.

The Day Hell Froze Over... by Zink the Dink - Vanilla Doom, DM, 1994, played with Eternity "forseti" 4.0.2 and Zandronum 3.1 + bots

Spoiler

etrn05.png etrn06.png etrn07.png

etrn08.png etrn09.pngScreenshot-Doom-20230413-232715.png

Screenshot-Doom-20230413-232848.png Screenshot-Doom-20230413-233009.png

A generic DM map that is legendary for me for these reason:

1. The horrendous Innuendo midi cover. No, it's not even the all song, just the flamenco guitar solo. Funny that i heard just some hour ago the same song.
  2. Bad metal squared textures that supposedly being ice
  3. Crappy looking mountainous sky
  4. It inspired me to make WOO 3 map... 14? iirc, as i wrote in this video comment. The one where Romero goes for a haircut in Pomeranian planet. Yeah, it's... pretty random.

I've just saw this only in the previous linked video, but this is the first time i played this thing. It's a Doom level sets in episode 3, the concept is kinda nice both in SP and DM, while all the bugs typical of 1994 DM wads. I heard already this nickname before, what other maps did this author? Anyway, now i'm morbidly curious about "Fifi Le Fart, the first fascist rabbit"... The f is this thing now? Gimme more context, i can't find anything on the (5 seconds) of search i had on the net!

The Villa by Bruce Oberleitner - Vanilla Doom 2, DM, 1997, played with Zandronum 3.1 + bots

Spoiler

Screenshot-Doom-20230414-000906.png Screenshot-Doom-20230414-000928.png Screenshot-Doom-20230414-001002.png

Screenshot-Doom-20230414-001059.png Screenshot-Doom-20230414-001222.png Screenshot-Doom-20230414-001255.png

Screenshot-Doom-20230414-001419.png 

Another DM map with a interesting building creation trying to emulate some sort of 3D castle? However, this is not bad for a DM map, uses a lot of verticality trough the map and also some mice touches like gore massacre near the SSG spawn, but also some other things i didn't full enjoyed like the platforms, the upper-unpegged doors, the abused "Hotel California" midi (how cliche) and the usual far spawns from the guns, but it's overall a nice map, just like the previous one, but more fun.

Found DOSDoom 0.1 by Chi Hoang, notable for being the first Doom source port ever created iirc, but i can't find the way to make it work.

Cadet.wad by Peter Grundy - Vanilla Doom, SP, 1994 but uploaded in 2004, played with Eternity "forseti" 4.0.2

Spoiler

etrn00.png etrn01.png etrn02.png

etrn03.png etrn04.png etrn05.png

etrn06.png etrn07.png 

A surprisingly pretty good medium sized map despite the raw design, the level is set at the Doomguy cadet school, where his mom send him before turning a green demon and then a realization by the Doomguy that he was abandoned in that school, poor boy! All of this according to the hilarious text file description of the map! Despite the large monster count of 134 monsters in HMP, the level is kinda straightforward, but not extremely easy due some nice puzzles and good crafting of the various school areas, including a raw looking mess hall, a atrium and other little cool touches here and there... big part of the monsters is just cannon fodder ready to slaughtered, overall a pretty fun experience!

NITEMARE.WAD (1998) by ROBERT LARKIN @Brad_tilf (Crispy Doom)

The instant you hear the low cackle of the SS, it's a sign of a true quality product. NOT. Typical first map stuff, badly-textured lifts, untextured key doors, and spaces that feel far larger than they need to be sit perfectly well, next to rooms so dark one would wonder how anyone could say. But on the bright side, the library is nice and the central structure from which little hubs branch off from is nice, so is the library, even if the path there is damaging for no reason at all because its lava right there. Health is quite tight however, which is especially a problem when it comes to a certain caged room with a tech center since there are many hitscanners waiting to take potshots at you and unfortunately, there are also two ground Arachnotrons placed to ensure things aren't too much of a cakewalk. The exit placement behind a library shelf that can potentially lead to softlock was definitely one of the worst moments. Yet, I somehow avoided dying, and there were actually some decent moments. 5.5/10 I thought I'd recorded a video but, meh, perhaps this is a map best left in the past anyway.

PS - Bob's snarky and arrogant tone in the textfile is quite funny. Maybe he was just satirizing Malcolm Sailor poorly?

Spoiler

gsV1PZ5.png

Edited by LadyMistDragon

10 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

NITEMARE.WAD (1998) by ROBERT LARKIN @Brad_tilf (Crispy Doom)

The instant you hear the low cackle of the SS, it's a sign of a true quality product. NOT. Typical first map stuff, badly-textured lifts, untextured key doors, and spaces that feel far larger than they need to be sit perfectly well, next to rooms so dark one would wonder how anyone could say. But on the bright side, the library is nice and the central structure from which little hubs branch off from is nice, so is the library, even if the path there is damaging for no reason at all because its lava right there. Health is quite tight however, which is especially a problem when it comes to a certain caged room with a tech center since there are many hitscanners waiting to take potshots at you and unfortunately, there are also two ground Arachnotrons placed to ensure things aren't too much of a cakewalk. The exit placement behind a library shelf that can potentially lead to softlock was definitely one of the worst moments. Yet, I somehow avoided dying, and there were actually some decent moments. 5.5/10 I thought I'd recorded a video but, meh, perhaps this is a map best left in the past anyway.

PS - Bob's snarky and arrogant tone in the textfile is quite funny. Maybe he was just satirizing Malcolm Sailor poorly?

Reveal hidden contents

gsV1PZ5.png

Definitely one of my first and definitely lots of room for improvement but we all began somewhere. ;-)

Quality Control (2014) by the guy (Eternity)

An absolutely awful, lazy jokewad by someone who probably recognized themselves that it was complete shit but they sure weren't stopped from uploading it regardless! Bad maps still get uploaded to /idgames sometimes but at least they showed more effort than this! Like at least make it completable! Curved STARTAN corridors are bad enough but stocking this with the strongest enemies and apparently SS at the end is not a funny joke but rather the stupidest shit imaginable. Ha, ha, being trapped with no weapons is funny, isn't it, isn't it? 0/10 and be glad this Doom doggerel never comes to /idgames anymore

Spoiler

F7idlhn.png

STRAPS V2.1 (1995)  By Knut Alid Erstad "the Soulman" (Crispy Doom)

I guess this guy did put in lots of effort....but there's a fairly serious problem, namely that this is basically bog-standard '95. The shooting puzzle at the far end is odd and may well have done nothing until you backtrack, the opening NUKESLAD maze at the beginning with scattered pinkies and windows is definitely something I've seen before, and the fact that it's possible to get softlocked without finding a required key just shows that Knut might have thought 'not-softlocking' was too complicated. But nothing is as bad as that idiot maze that can be accessed pressing on a vent sitting next to the blue key, accessed by a completely anonymous lift I might add. Other than perhaps finding a chainsaw and supplies that only restock you after taking some careless damage, it goes absolutely nowhere and does absolutely nothing. The consistent texturing is its only strength.

But it does get better. Although an anonymous computer wall leads into an area that seemingly only serves to reveal closets upon backtracking, the descending levels of the marble fortress with the YSK at the bottom are actually kind of cool. So maybe the lift goes down too long in the last descent, and the trap on the one before that was laughably undercooked and non-threatening, but it's still a nice idea.

Elsewhere, the combat is perfectly satisfying when it chooses to be, despite being on the easier side of things. Expect to run into lots of closets when backtracking from somewhere, and the implementation of descending floors at certain unexpected points is quite nice, even though that's probably the weakest Halls of the Damned riff ever. Not to mention the actual path to the exit proves needlessly confusing and such a large portion of the map is blank for seemingly no reason.

Typical shovelware, but it's painless and actually has a decent idea or two, although the flesh wall puzzle is, frankly, pointless when the BK is taken into account. 4/10

Spoiler

EvK3SnY.png

Spoiler

uuLRBYB.png

Spoiler

RgoMQoI.png

Spoiler

55iwqDa.png

Video

Year 2 Month 03 Day 15

The Pit of DOOM (DooM II -version) by THE BIG GUY (2005)

Spoiler

2VC4nX1.png
FFpBJNQ.png
5Gbur96.png
eTR9i4o.png
tXk8NXA.png
oEyPYQc.png
gJ1jNZN.png

Nice clean level for DOOM Players Tried to make it fairly bright. Lots of Ammo & Secret Doors etc...

A Doom 2 map made in 1994 which totally deserves its name because we are at the bottom of the cesspool in terms of Doom aesthetics. Get ready to explore ultra large randomly textured abstracts rooms with absolute no decoration ! Some monsters populate this map but they lose all their efficiency due to absurd size of the areas.

Still, this map preserved my mental sanity even if the SSG is guarded by a sadistic but predictable crusher. I'm kinda suprised that the doors are clearly marked for a such ugly map.

So, while THE BIG GUY managed to remove all traces of beauty in his map, this map did not bother me more than that. I spent between 5 and 10 minutes finishing it, so I've experienced worse.

Grade : D+

A stealthy arch-vile caught me in Plasmaplant

Spoiler

eaC4VoG.png

Sin (2005) by Bjarne Christensen (Eternity)

I guess the blood waterfall descending down the multi-leveled cliff of skulls is quite nice.....but that's literally all there is! A rather ugly wall contains the Icon of Sin, there's lots of supplies.....but that's it! 1/10.

Spoiler

4RCwEhT.png

Spoiler

T5Sp1yN.png

WOGA11.WAD (1994) by Wolfgang Grassl (Eternity)

This is better than the last map but of course, literally anything would be better than the last map. What seems to be E1 techbase leads to a little underground power staytion? Well, there's not enough detail and in any case, differing environments become increasingly incoherent and while there's something cute about placing 2 Cacos in little floor holes, what's not so cute is that the map is otherwise packed with them in every area after the first key room. And there's even a trio to the right for no reason! With no weapons! Like this map should probably be cut some slack because of the early release date, but meh, 2.5/10, only saved by being short which honestly, is probably in part because Wolfgang was just learning the editor.

Spoiler

ciZ6pIS.png

Spoiler

zSgok4e.png

XvfIfYK.pngfdt1bO8.png

Trouble on Titan (1995) by Jim Flynn

Play Settings

Source Port: dsda-doom, complevel 2

Difficulty: Ultra-Violence

Like all individuals of culture and taste, I'm a big fan of the late Jim Flynn. While a few mappers have used Doom to make experimental puzzle maps that deliberately confuse the player - from BPRD to TimeOfDeath to the mysterious creator of MyHouse.wad - Flynn is notable for doing it before any of the tools to make these maps somewhat accessible were available, in part because he himself would go on to help build them. Trouble on Titan here is his last map, and the last in his "Titan" series that is probably best known for two inclusions in The Master Levels.

This is a minor work from Flynn, with many of his typical hallmarks like the screenshot "hint" texture seen above, mainly focused on extreme verticality. You'll need to carefully aim yourself across giant, slow elevators that make up most of the map, and if you miss your shot you'll be waiting for said elevators to come all the way back up or all the way back down again. It's pretty vexing, even moreso than usual for Flynn, and the brown mazes in latter portions of the map lack the aesthetic experimentation I expect from him. I would still recommend newcomers to his work start with Eternal Doom. Nevertheless, there's still plenty of fun and inventive stuff like the pseudo-room-over-room staircase and the thrilling final fight.

Shoutout to this video from JCD which I used extensively as a walkthrough. We acronyms gotta stick together.

Pd7YhhZ.pngjqubMv2.png

Fantastic Violence (2003) by Michael Kelly

Play Settings

Source Port: dsda-doom, complevel 2

A cute and simple concept loosely inspired by 1966's Fantastic Voyage: Mr. Doom T. Guy must shrink down, enter a human body, and clear it of demons on a journey through what is recognizably the lungs, spine, stomach, and intestines, before taking the uh, back exit. Ultra-Violence is extremely tight on health and ammo but that's my fault for reading in the text file that difficulty settings were pretty extreme and hitting the ol' UV button anyway. Couple of technical issues that could have been found with testing, like an arachnotron that spawns unable to move or shoot and a group of "closed" bars you can easily pass through (without gliding), but overall I like a gimmick map and this one doesn't overstay its welcome.

yqub2Rq.pngwj4AqjM.png

Forest Canyon (2021) by Bailiwick

Play Settings

A rudimentary but not unpleasant vanilla map which does indeed feature a forest in a canyon. Not bad at all for being the author's first and only upload - the outdoors area is a bit drab and all the fights are free once you locate the super shotgun, but progression is obvious, carnage is plentiful, and I thought a few of the aesthetic choices inside the nukage plant showed promise.

pIzAmaY.pngSpsHNlR.png

FIREGODS version 2 (1999) by Blazer

Play Settings

This DeHackEd patch by the hilariously appropriately-named Blazer (aka Jonas Qvistmose) gives the player 750 health and replaces all attacks with ludicrously overpowered fire spells - making the player, indeed, a "Fire God". The author says it's primarily designed for Deathmatch - where your fellow Firegods might actually stand a chance of killing you - but I decided to take it through a couple of classic Doom's most slaughter-y maps to test out the weapons. A few complaints: verything above the pistol fires so many projectiles so rapidly that you'll run out of ammo almost immediately, and listening to your own attacks becomes a real risk to your eardrums. Also, for some reason the palette change effect when you take damage has been boosted so that any attack makes your screen go fully red for several seconds, which is annoying. But it's pretty funny to delete even the toughest monsters from the map in seconds while sustaining no meaningful damage.

Not gonna bother giving a grade to this one, but if you want to play with some busted weapons in the modern day I think you'll probably have a better time with Russian Overkill.

Spoiler

OLA0ipy.pngqmCPD5f.png

The Ultimate Busty Fucking Hardcore Porno Doom Level (2021) by Lord Mattus

Play Settings

Source Port: GZDoom

Giant rooms with random, meaningless monster placement and giant low-res textures of copyrighted pornography (often with the copyright holder's name and logo still printed on the image itself.) Getting even remotely safe-for-work screenshots of this one was a challenge (though I'll still put them behind a spoiler for the easily scandalized). Features a funky "porn music" track that doesn't loop, so most of the level is played in eerie silence as you look into the dead eyes of the women around you and wonder how your life got to this point.

One thing I'm always curious about is: who are these sorts of WADs for? Please don't take this sentence out of context, but I "get" the appeal of HDoom on some level, because at least there you get to participate in the intercourse. Are people actually getting their rocks off to bad Doom levels that happen to have porn on the walls? Are there people who don't know that you can google any possible combination of maneuvers and body parts and find high-res video of absolutely anything you could ever want to see? Are the mediocre combat and zimmer textures part of the sexual appeal? In the text file, the 31-year-old Lord Mattus says "I think most of the porno wads out there are crap, but maybe this is different." Can't help but be curious about what this particular WAD does for Mattus that other nearly-identical WADs do not. I suppose it takes all types.

Amazingly, LadyMistDragon got this same WAD in an ER/iWA in September 2022. Go fig.

Grade: 0/10

back again eh

not great finds ( as usual )

But great guests and fun thoughts by @Doomkid @Dark Pulse @thelamp @Large Cat @Wilster_Wonkels and kind of @man with gun

first we found this:

The Unofficial Fists FAQ https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/docs/faqs/fist_faq

It's just a list of things you can do with your fist? Well we looked at it .. so not sure how this works - probably 1 point ?

then

WELCOME.WAD https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/d-f/dmwel

94 doom 1 map - classic incoherent progression and random doors etc - not much to say - no diamond in the mountain this week

but still will keep trying lol

good times

Supply/Shipping Depot (2001) by Sam "Metabolist" Woodman (From Doom With Love)

Presumably the third map in Sam Woodman's series of maps using his custom Mortres texture pack, Shipping/Supply Depot takes place in and around a warehouse located in the middle of a frozen wasteland. A la Goldeneye or something, you infiltrate the base through some vents, collect a berserk pack, then immediately drop down to the floor and engage in fisticuffs with probably 8 or 9 Imps, although a nearby SS guarantees that there's no need to punch anything if you don't feel like it. See, this is the easiest Sam Woodman map I know of to such a ridiculous degree, but despite the thematically-appropriate holiday midi and neat, organized visuals, there's also little of substance. The path to the blue key leads through a big long field that while containing plenty of enemies, is also heavily stocked with ammo to such an extent that nothing can ever really challenge you. Even though Sam throws in a group of nobles near a switch that grants access to the blue key, there's only 1 Baron of Hell in sharp contrast to his otherwise notorious reputation. The ending train is honestly quite cool though, beautifully and allows us to punch many Imps while we press a console to leave. Definitely a visual tour-de-force, but strangely lacking in a couple of key areas 5.5/10

Video below

RIKER11.WAD | Chris Richards | 1994

E1M1.png

Nice medium-sized WAD from 1994. A little inconsistent and crazy-looking, it's pretty much a funhouse filled with various rooms of all colors and all kinds of enemies even if they don't make much sense. The visuals are decent, nothing particularly strong or interesting to look at but they have a good balance of textures and variety. What is worth nothing is that it has a really good layout with a diverse set of scenarios that range in difficulty, so that was pretty fun.

7 hours ago, Clippy said:

WELCOME.WAD

I remember this one! Is the map with the WELCOME writing at it's start, right? It have also a insane number of shotgunners....

3 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

I remember this one! Is the map with the WELCOME writing at it's start, right? It have also a insane number of shotgunners....

I dont think this happened in my video haha - maybe some other welcome

Thanks for playing, everyone! Always glad to see a new face. Had a lot of fun playing this time and reclaiming my rightful place in the top 5 :)

A new adventure awaits!