Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My school is having another talent show, and like the previous one, it lasts around 6 hours, so that means that I can do a set (for those of you who don't know, a set is like what you'd call a portion of a concert by a band, like Korn does a set at Woodstock '03 or whatever)

Anyway, the songs I'll be singing are all by Rammstein and they are as follows :

Links 234 (Left 234)
Heirate Mich (Marry me)
Mutter (Mother)
Spiel Mit Mir (Play with me)
Zwitter (Hermaphrodite / Hybrid)
Weißes Fleisch (White Flesh)
Laichzeit (Spawning Time)
Klavier (Piano)
Sonne (Sun)
Bück dich (Bend over)
Das Modell (The Model)
Du Hast (You have NOT You hate, which would be Du Hasst)
Stripped

EDIT : I've decided that when I sing Zwitter, instead of saying "fick dich" I will say "fuck you" like Till does during live shows. My school is tolerant to swearing anyway, so they won't give a damn. Also, if some acts cancel like some did last time and some spots come up and I can grab them then I have a few extra songs I may sing :

Wollt Ihr Das Bett in Flammen Sehen? (Do you want to see the bed in flames?)
Du Riechst So Gut (You smell so good)
Ich Will (I want)

EDIT 2 :

Today I talked to some people :

4 kids from my bus will help me with the following : backround vocals, holding up big posterboard signs for the crowd to read for certain parts of songs, we've got to work this out. They'll also be "marching" during Links 234.

Two girls will be doing the following : backround vocals, Mary-Lou will do the French intro for Das Modell and during Bück Dich I will be on a leash lead by Doria (one of the girls) and at the part where normally the whole dildo action takes place, instead, I will get on all 4s and Doria will sit on my back as if I were a horse. Thank God for mic headsets, eh?

During the meeting for the acts, we had to tell what special lights stuff we wanted so the following will be done :

During Sonne's chorus (Hier kommt die Sonne), the auditorium will go dark except for a yellow spotlight on me.

During Heirate Mich, the auditorium will go dark except for a regular spotlight on me during the "quiet" part of the song.

If I get the chance to sing Ich Will, it will be a myriad of colors at first then during the "quiet" part, there will be a spotlight on me that will shift colors.

If I can sing Wollt Ihr Das Bett in Flammen Sehen, during the "break" (Sex ist ein Schlacht, Liebe ist Krieg) the stage will be red.

So, if you guys could sing some songs at a talent show, what would they be? Try to limit yourself to about 13-15 songs at most.

I can do a mean version of 'The Becoming' by NIN, but anything else my voice breaks at the higher notes.

I can almost do Hurt ('cept the chorus) and I can do The Great Below if I really really concentrate.

I find that I fuck up when singing along to records because my voice automatically mimics the syntax and pitch of the singer, which inevitably sounds awful because of my crumby low pitch scottish voice.

Oh God, BBG can sing? What is this world coming to? I have a nice deep voice, and can sing suprisingly good at times.

Du Hast (You have NOT You hate, which would be Du Hasst)

I agree. However in the cover of the CD (Sehnsucht) it reads:

You
You hate
You hate me

You
You hate
You hate me
You hate me to say
You hate me to say
You hate me to say
And I did not obey
etc, etc...

weird...

m0l0t0v said:

I agree. However in the cover of the CD (Sehnsucht) it reads:

You
You hate
You hate me

You
You hate
You hate me
You hate me to say
You hate me to say
You hate me to say
And I did not obey
etc, etc...

weird...

That looks to be from the English version of Du Hast...anyway, here is the translation from Herzeleid.com

You
you have *
you have me
you have asked me
you have asked me and I have said nothing

Do you want, until death seperates you,
to be faithful to her for all days

No

Do you want, until death, which would seperate, **
to love her, even in bad days

No

* When Till is just saying "Du hast," it sounds as if he could either be saying "Du hast" (you have) or "Du hasst" (you hate). This is probably to give the song a double meaning, even though the official lyrics say "Du hast."

** There is another sort of double meaning here. If the line is read as "Tod der Scheide" it would be "until the death of the vagina" and not "until death, which would seperate" ("Tod, der scheide"). The whole song is a play on German wedding vows (Wollen Sie einander lieben und achten und die Treue halten bis dass der Tod euch scheidet? - Do you want to love and respect each other and to remain faithful, until death seperates you?). Instead of answering with "Ja," Till says "Nein," finally answering the question he said nothing to in the beginning.

Dingus Khan said:

I think to be complete you should have the same onstage antics that Rammstein has. That would be certain to get some positive responses.

rofl, yeah, ok. Let me go find a professional pyrotechnics crew, get the permits, oh and let's not forget the dildo that sprays "cum" everywhere for Bück Dich! Heh, actually, I wish I could do that :-P

Rain of a thousand Flames
When Demons Awake
Pink Killer
Rasetsukoku
Cage

And many, many more >:)
I have to say that I can sing, but I sound kinda childish -_-

Skelethal said:

Rain of a thousand Flames
When Demons Awake
Pink Killer
Rasetsukoku
Cage

And many, many more >:)
I have to say that I can sing, but I sound kinda childish -_-

I'm just interested, which bands/artists has done these?

And if there were no rewards to reap
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here
I certainly would've walked away
By now

Let's see him try and sing I Robot, or Lucifer, or Apollo by the Alan Parsons Project. :P

BBG, are you going to sing the German lyrics or the translations ? Why don't you record some MP3's sometime, should be interesting.

My singing voice is nice and deep, but I never had any training so the high notes are fucked up and everything.

Lord FlatHead said:

BBG, are you going to sing the German lyrics or the translations

German of course, well, except Stripped, as it is in English.

Why don't you record some MP3's sometime, should be interesting.

I wish I could. I can imitate a lot of singers but my natural singing voice is good too. People say I sould like Till (the lead singer of Rammstein) except without the accent. Funny thing is, that when I was younger, I DID have a German accent, due to being around my Grandfather all the time. I lost it, but sometimes it slips back, like my friend Eric's English accent.

My singing voice is nice and deep, but I never had any training so the high notes are fucked up and everything.

Well, heh, I have a great voice range, similar to Jon Davis, I can go low and deep or high and loud!

DooMBoy asked:
Oh God, BBG can sing?

Yes, and the general consensus among my friends is that I'm good.

Stripped is not an orignal song by Rammstein. It is a cover. Its a Depech Mode song. The orignal chours is "let me see you stripped down ot the bone."
Rammstein just leaft the down ot the bone part out.

I'd probably do a set of Nine Inch Nails songs, but I'd have to do it like the Loolapalooza tour where he used tape decks. Chances are, it'd probably end up just like that show did as well. I'd also like to do a Tool set, that'd be pretty sweet.

Of course, I'd do a New Order or Joy Division set, but nobody would know who they were and would hate it anyway. Actually, the pseudo-punk kids might like Joy Divison.

BBG, film your set and send me a copy of it. I wanna see this.

Omg, I will never on a scene again for sing.
Last time I sounded like a drunk bitch trying to talk.
:P

Demons Hand said:

Stripped is not an orignal song by Rammstein. It is a cover. Its a Depech Mode song. The orignal chours is "let me see you stripped down ot the bone."
Rammstein just leaft the down ot the bone part out.

I know, I have the song. Depeche Mode rocks. Das Modell is a cover of a Kraftwerk song.

BBG, film your set and send me a copy of it. I wanna see this.

I wish I could, heh. And even if I could, I probably wouldn't unless the sound input was hooked directly to the sound system so that it didn't lose any sound quality.