Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Ultimate DooMer

Favourite Heretic/Hexen episodes

I know there aren't that many, but what are your favourite Heretic episodes and Hexen hubs? (Because there aren't that many, you can include any of the original ones too)

Mine are:

----------Heretic------------
Master's Domain
Carnage Galore
Ichor: Blood of the Gods
Shadowcaster (norrrrrrrr....)
-----------Hexen-------------
Temple 2
Caldera
Centromere
Chuxen
-----------------------------

--- Heretic ---

carnage
ichor
gulag
mdomain1
shadow
sinful
malice
mario

--- Hexen ---

fury_ch1
caldera
vaults
starship
chuxen
cent092b
temple2
shannara
stngt11

CG3 and Kmod. I haven't played heretic in ages.

Oh, and Krull. That was fun too. :)

Shadowcaster is the only one I really liked. Most of the Heretic/Hexen stuff is really old which is also reflected in its quality.
Especially with the Hexen mods I was really disappointed because apparently noone got the monster placement right. In nearly every level you are assaulted by an insane amount of monsters right at the start which is not my style of gameplay.

Ichor said:

---

Man, that's a good list. I have played most of them, and I'll check my archives for those I haven't played. (Yes, I have an archive of every map/hub/megawad/graphic wad, etc. that I've downloaded. Heh.)

Graf Zahl said:

Shadowcaster is the only one I really liked. Most of the Heretic/Hexen stuff is really old which is also reflected in its quality.
Especially with the Hexen mods I was really disappointed because apparently noone got the monster placement right. In nearly every level you are assaulted by an insane amount of monsters right at the start which is not my style of gameplay.

I'd have to agree here, though some of the Heretic stuff is lots better than some of the Hexen stuff. Dark Mountain, and Dark Mountain 2, and also Portals is very good.
Hexen has its fair share of good levels, but like you say, there is absolutely no judgement at all (hardly) concerning the amount of monsters and items, and their placements in the map(s).