Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gougaru

If you could have any peice of doom merch..what would it be?

On 4/12/2023 at 6:06 PM, Doomy__Doom said:

I'd love to see an Arch-Vile alarm clock. Complete with the option to blast you out of bed.

4 minutes ago, VoanHead said:

Crawlers? Wdym?

It scans the internet for pictures and autogenerates store pages with merch that has designs it doesn't have the rights to use.

I'm not so sensitive to Doom merch being knockoffs tbh - Bethesda just bought the rights, they didn't design anything I care about.  But if that website is stealing artwork from small independent artists then fuck em - that shit earns maximum bad sentiment from me, as it should for any creative type, whether you a earn a buck off your art or not.

Maybe a plushie. Caco usually.

Other than that, I'm not a merch guy myself.

Ok, maybe a framed picture of a logo or Doomguy in it battling demons.

This is gonna come off as insanely douchey, but my Doom collection is so absurdly large - a ton of big box variants, shovelware discs out to here, posters, PE plushy, T shirts, yadda yadda… the only thing I don’t have (that I actually want) are the reaper miniatures. I don’t even care if they’re the originals or the reprints at this stage.

The irony of these being the last thing for me to acquire is that they were literally the first thing I wanted. I’ve been eyeing them for 20 years now, the last 12 of which I’ve had my own income FFS. Maybe I’m secretly addicted to have “one last piece” to always look forward to or some shit like that.

I'm not a very big merchandise collector, but I have to admit, that a sealed-in-box copy of DOOM 64 would tickle my fancy something fierce.
The copy I have is the bare cartridge, got it secondhand. So having something like that, would be something of a crowning achievement.

1 hour ago, Burgish_Nilwert said:

It scans the internet for pictures and autogenerates store pages with merch that has designs it doesn't have the rights to use.

I'm not so sensitive to Doom merch being knockoffs tbh - Bethesda just bought the rights, they didn't design anything I care about.  But if that website is stealing artwork from small independent artists then fuck em - that shit earns maximum bad sentiment from me, as it should for any creative type, whether you a earn a buck off your art or not.

Oh I see, yeah that’s shitty if it’s true that PacSun does that. 

Bethesda actually owns the molds for those old Reaper minis.  They've made a couple of really limited reprints of them, but they're stupid expensive.  You'd probably be better off finding an original set on eBay or something.

I'd love some of those! Print more of them, you cheap bastards!

10 hours ago, VoanHead said:

Crawlers? Wdym?

Basically programs searching the net for keywords to steal artist, especially devian and social media designs, and put them on tshirts

probably a model of doomguy’s helmet, would be cool to have as room decoration.

I don’t really know anything about merchandise nor am I a collector for that sort of thing.

On 4/12/2023 at 11:41 PM, Gaia74 said:

image.png.e7b4c9e9782c6e6f643a6210de64c3c9.png

Do I need to explain why?

Imagine waking up and seeing a life-size Baron of Hell staring you down every morning, a man could only dream 

On 4/12/2023 at 8:02 PM, Gougaru said:

One thing that eludes me is a perfect Intact doom 93 box.  

I'm after the retail Australian Manaccom box. The one without the OFLC rating. I'd be happy with either the 3.5 or the 5.25 diskettes. It's not really intended for use. It's the penultimate piece for my collection.

1 hour ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

I'm after the retail Australian Manaccom box. The one without the OFLC rating. I'd be happy with either the 3.5 or the 5.25 diskettes. It's not really intended for use. It's the penultimate piece for my collection.

Absolutely epic man! Be sure to posy your merch soon I haven't seen a update of your collection I'm a bit 

On 4/17/2023 at 11:49 AM, EmperorGZT said:

john romeros head you see in doom2 map30

Like... the real thing?

I'd want a chunk of Romero's old office door that John Carmack tore down with an axe if that counts

Probably a physical copy of the Doom comic book. Or one of those signed posters from the mid-90s.

On 4/14/2023 at 3:32 PM, PsychEyeball said:

A friend of mine bought me both of these fellers. They're so cute.

I also have both of those. V nice and squishy.

Hmmm, probably an absolutely mint, first run Doom paper box edition, signed by the whole former id team. If I'd get a same condition Doom II paper box as well, I wouldn't be mad either. : >

And a signed SIGIL Beast Box.

And...

: D

Nothing I can think of that I really want, but I do have this guy. He came with the preorder of Doom 3. Really I didn't care about the preorder, I just wanted the sculpture. It's about an inch tall. I suppose if they made more sculptures like this I'd get them.20220511_073639.jpg.04b3effdec46d7fbaafb6795c837572f.jpg

Edited by Kor

I wanted physical copies of Ultimate Doom, Doom II and Doom 3, as well as Masters of Doom, but since I've got those now I'm not completely sure. I don't feel the need to get every piece of Doom merchandise known to exist, but maybe a t-shirt or some models of demons would be cool to have.

A lamp shaped as the small armour pickup icon that emits green light with a slow and subtle dim to make it glow.

A blue glass bottle in shape of a small health pickup. Have some shitty blue coloured Vodka or something in it. I won't drink it anyway.

On 4/14/2023 at 3:31 PM, IncompA said:

I've been thinking about getting DOOM on the PlayStation. Box, manual, and everything.

Not really merch, but oh well.

Surprisingly, I want that exact same thing. Too bad I lost my PS2 slim ;^;