Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obake

Ecastic Electricity! New GZdoom Wad

Ecstatic Electricity

Welcome to Ecstatic Electricity! This is a community wad open to any mappers. The wad is inspired by Italo Doom in its use of short, uber-challenging maps. Note this set will start out a bit slower than Italo, but will hopefully catch up in difficulty as it goes on.

Ecstatic Electricity is in UDMF format, and uses a selection of my custom monsters.

Resources you will need are:

OTEX for textures

The new, less intensive resource file: M48

The six custom monsters I am including are as follows:

Baron 2.0: A faster Baron who has pigtails and fires as if you were invisible. Tough to deal with and dodge.

Caco Clown: A Caco in clown attire who shoots pies. The pies follow you around like Revenant missiles, but are not as damaging.

Mabel Macabre: A possessed doll that barfs on you when up close. Don’t underestimate their power. They heal other monsters nearby, making fights last longer if not taken care of.

Old Mancubus Winter: A small Mancubus that flies and creates ice storms. Deals low damage, but causes a lot of visual noise.

Rocket Bully: An evil humanoid who shoots volleys of regular and small sized rockets. Think a Cyber but more mobile and with less hit points. (Thanks to the TheNosid for providing the Rocket Bully)

UAC Goon: Essentially a more dangerous zombieman. With a surprise chaingun-like attack if health drops low enough.

Also included are two turrets, which do not count as monsters but are just as deadly:

Maintenance Turret: Shoots fireballs at a slow pace.

Spread Turret: Shoots three small fireballs in a spread pattern.

Rules:

*Except for the last few maps in the set, maps in this set will be relatively short, at most 250 monsters.

*No troll submissions. I can choose to not include submissions for whatever reason. On that note, I will do my best to help guide submissions I see that have potential.

*Except for me, there will be a limit of one map per mapper. Note I may make it two maps per one mapper, depending on how many submissions I get. I want this to be a 32 map set, so I will try to fill in any gaps I can.

*Maps must be beatable, and must have at least one secret.

*With secrets in mind, the first secret map will be accessible from Map07, and the second secret map will be accessible by map 31 as normal.

*Submissions must be sent in by the last day of May.

*Music must be MIDIs, and must not be copyrighted. This is to save on filesize.

The first three maps are done, and are found here.

A Discord will be set up tomorrow. Edit: Also forgot to credit Alfonzo and Jimmy for the MIDIs so far.

Available map slots:

MAP01 - OBAKE (Maps 01-03 are found in the initial wad)

MAP02 - OBAKE

MAP03 - OBAKE

MAP04

MAP05

MAP06

MAP07

MAP31

MAP32

MAP08

MAP09

MAP10

MAP11