Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

Oh Look, More from me

Well, Lutz's project didn't go through, so he said he doesn't need the double barreled shotgun I made for him anymore.

http://www.doomworld.com/gbd2/misc/sawedoff.zip

Be cautious however, it uses a hand from blood sent to me by Kirby X... I'll try to fix em up to look like the others later... for now this should be good.

This is probably some of my best work here to date.

Oh, edit the Freedoom SSG pickup frame and remove the butt and shorten the barrell. No confusion on the Bood one then.

That's pretty cool. It could do with being a bit larger, it doesn't give the visual impression of being able to do much damage. Doesn't have the same visual presence as the SSG.

Personally I like right-handed weapons better than centered. The sprite looks really nice, but I have to agree that it looks too old-fashioned.

boris said:

Personally I like right-handed weapons better than centered. The sprite looks really nice, but I have to agree that it looks too old-fashioned.

I think it being Old fashioned makes it cool.

The timing is off compared to the sounds. You need to coordinate the frames to how and when the sounds play. Do shells 'click' when nothing is touching? :P

hehe, very nice... I just wish it was centered, but it is good, we have all the weapons now :)

Cyb said:

lolz.

I like it!

It sure beats the old ssg freedoom had.

What ssg?

This is fantastic. I'm a little worried about the blood hand though, which is why I havent added it in to the freedoom build yet. If you (or someone else) can fix the hand I'll add it in.

Sorry to be anal about this, I try to be careful with these things :)

As you should. This is why I was hesitant to offer it to freedoom... I'm gonna doomify it like I did the last few hands.

modified... I'm trying to do a new one by completely colouring one from scratch using the same shape as the blood one...

If someone has a digital camera and can take pictures of their hand in those poses, I can recolour them to look just like the doomguy hands.

It looks great. You are quite right to be proud of it as some of your best work. The comment about it looking a bit small for the damage it deals is a fair one though. I love the little touch of the trigger finger moving - very nice. I'm sure someone with your skills can soon turn out an original hand.

Enjay said:

It looks great. You are quite right to be proud of it as some of your best work. The comment about it looking a bit small for the damage it deals is a fair one though. I love the little touch of the trigger finger moving - very nice. I'm sure someone with your skills can soon turn out an original hand.

No argument here. But I did help Scuba Steve with the Sawed-off shotgun...

Scuba Steve said:

sent to me by Kirby X...

If you need to know, I e-mailed Scuba Steve the Blood shotgun sprites (which were exported with XWE) that were optimized into .GIFs with Paint Shop Pro 7.04.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

PERFECT!! THEY'RE PERFECT!! SCUBA, YOU HAVE GOT TO DO A TUTORIAL ON HANDS!! ^o^

EMAIL *SMILIE REMOVED*

PRIVATE MESSAGE *SMILIE REMOVED*

Use these next time.

(Damnit, I need more patience.) *IMAGE REMOVED*

There are two problems with two other weapons, though...

1.) In my point of view, the FreeDoom Plasma Rifle pickup icon ALMOST looks like a modified version of the Doom plasma rifle pickup icon.

2.) We don't have a pickup icon for the chainsaw... FREDRIK, WAKE UP!

Now what?