Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

I switched out the CD's in my vehicle a few days ago, after six months of listening to the same albums, and I put in Slipknot's self-titled album in slot 3. And I still think it's a damn great album. It got me into metal, and I don't feel bad at all about it. 

And yes, I wondered why they needed nine people in the band. But when I listen to the music, it's a beautiful cacophony which wouldn't work with fewer people.

Edited by Jello

1 hour ago, Jello said:

And yes, I wondered why they needed nine people in the band. But when I listen to the music, it's a beautiful cacophony which wouldn't work with fewer people.

When they first hit, I wasn't into metal and felt the whole nine-piece horror mask schtick was a bit much; but I'm glad I've chilled out enough in my advanced years to recognise that Wait and Bleed is simultaneously a bop and a great fuck everything tirade.

8 minutes ago, Daytime Waitress said:

When they first hit, I wasn't into metal and felt the whole nine-piece horror mask schtick was a bit much; but I'm glad I've chilled out enough in my advanced years to recognise that Wait and Bleed is simultaneously a bop and a great fuck everything tirade.

I can see that, and it is a bit much, but I always loved the noise behind them. It was complete overkill, but it sounded very different from everything else I had ever heard. It was always a guitar, a bass, drums, maybe a backup guitar, and a vocalist. Having nine people doing things at the same time was really interesting. I seem to gravitate towards odd music, which is probably why Tom Waits and Nomeansno are my favorites. There are very few people that I've met that actually like them, and I understand why. I don't feel superior because I like them, I just like them because they've made music that nobody else really has.

And my favorite song off of Slipknot's album is probably Eyeless.

Edward Ka-Spel, Chyekk China doll, Lines.
stcd090.jpg

Pop, electro, new wave, industrial…

Edward Ka-Spel, aaΔzhyd China doll, aaΔzhyd China doll.
stcd090.jpg
Ditto.

Edited by ducon

Edward Ka-Spel, Tanith and the lion tree, Tanith and the lion tree.
181052-tanith-and-the-lion-tree.jpg

A bit more pop.

Edward Ka-Spel, The scriptures of illumina, Illumina.

200x200.jpg
Ditto.

Edited by ducon