Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArchRevival

Lakeside - An Egyptian Themed Map

Played on UV in gzdoom.

Pretty cool map, great visuals and the map layout is awesome. Could do with more monsters, tricks and traps etc. All three secrets are in the beginning area, maybe place a secret tomb somewhere in the red/blue areas with a backpack or something :-)

Played this the other day, and enjoyed it quite a bit.  The visuals are the high point, though it does feel like some areas had more attention paid to than others when it came to shadows and other details.  For the size of the map, the combat felt underwhelming, and overall on the easy side.  I played on UV and it felt like you were holding back.  I think some larger encounters would make the large arenas and landscapes feel a little less empty.  Still, I had a great time playing this, and loved the architecture most of all.  Great work!

Shiny and relaxing map, I played a couple of times to find the secrets, really enjoyed the soothing atmosphere

and the midi suits the map perfectly.

Heres a speedy run:

The map looks exotically great; I like the structure, lightIng, and the concept design, in and out.

It makes a blast from the very beginning and I somehow have an early summer vibe while doing this run.  The enemy count looks a bit less then expected considering the scale of the map is wide and large, yet it's still an enjoying map even just for sightseeing.

I aprreciate your hard work for making this beautiful map and have fun whIle taking a trip on this.   I'm really looking foward to see yoir future project👍

Really pretty map, the Egyptian textures and architecture end up framing really well against the sky. Very relaxing "easy Doom" in terms of combat design, though the red key room specifically seemed like it was begging for a more explosive composition, since you have so much open space to move around in.

On 4/25/2023 at 3:20 AM, CeeJay said:

That was refreshing, haven't played anything new in awhile. Really nice visuals and the gameplay side of things was okay. A bit too much ammo and I found rockets but no rocket launcher, what's up with that? Did I just miss it.

EDIT: Spectres are best used when placed in dark lit areas. Having them out in the open just makes them too easy too see, which defeats the whole purpose of them.

Spoiler

One of the secrets contains the Rocket Launcher.

The visuals and texture work is superb, really captures that egyptian theme wonderfully. Must have taken some time, given how many texture packs you used to blend together.

I have watched the playthroughs from @Biodegradable and @Delisk

Full disclosure: I haven't played the map myself yet, but I have downloaded it, will play it soon.

Great stuff.

@ArchRevival Very cool map design , thanks so much for share it !!

I will add it to my app in next release (with next header image) :-D !!

A7pGGvU.png

This map made me remember the Microsoft Encarta's virtual tours, I'd like that someone recreates those places, because originally they were too slow to walk, and now with Doom maps they could be revisited, and maybe adding some monsters. Imagine Abu Simbel or the Acropolis, with the music they used or some similar, and playing with no monsters, or a few monsters, or full of monsters in UV. That could be a good project for a mapper or a team, I guess.

I like Egyptian theme! Doom community lacks pirate and Egyptian themes, so thanks for creating this! Will include it to my to play list.