Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ret Neychozken

Fireball trails

Question

I was wondering if, just like how in GzDoom you can enable an option to add smoke to the rocket projectile, or also (without having to enable that) the Revenant (guided) missile, how can i also add thlse to a custom projectile?

Let's say for example, i want to add puff smokes (which will have a different look to not be the puff smoke from Doom) summoning behind a fireball, how do i do it?

If you didn't understand anything tell me in the comments! I don't know how to explain well, less if it's in english.

the.png

4 answers to this question

That is a very lovely drawing lol.

There might be other ways, but the one I'm most familiar with is to spawn an actor during the projectiles looping state. Here's an example from Tango's Supercharge mod, where he spawns a custom smoke trail behind the Imp fireball using A_SpawnItemEx.

tangoball.png.9b7a7c689ee5008de494fee0e5b1e0d5.png

8 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

There might be other ways, but the one I'm most familiar with is to spawn an actor during the projectiles looping state. Here's an example from Tango's Supercharge mod, where he spawns a custom smoke trail behind the Imp fireball using A_SpawnItemEx.

8 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Oh yes, the spawning, i will try it later, but in the meantime, thank you for telling me about it!