Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DynamiteKaitorn

Dootle Twootle: The silly sequel to Dootle

--== Dootle Twootle: The silly sequel to Dootle! ==--

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the silly sequel to my DooM1 WAD file, Dootle! This time, it comes with some new textures, sounds and most of all: New enemies! (not really... it's just some fancy sprite swapping and a few stat changes). This megawad was made mostly out of boredom and wanting to do something in-between mapping for various community projects/speedmappings.

So, what does this WAD file contain? Well...

Spoiler

Dootle-2-Pic-1.jpg.0164968aba08731d9bec19dc64e60a38.jpg

Uh-oh! A crash landing! D:

Dootle-2-Pic-4.jpg.20d78294dfc43644d59f48dedf3ddbe1.jpg

Hey! Who turned out the lights?

Dootle-2-Pic-6.jpg.cd21f3f150482f05f95fd5f780e19049.jpg

Brrr.... I need an extra coat... :S

Dootle-2-Pic-8.jpg.290674a15e9315f00b1cfa1dd80f4ab9.jpg

Tech-y. :o

Dootle-2-Pic-10.jpg.526826376ca460929597836b3eb01b96.jpg

A... desert?

Dootle-2-Pic-11.jpg.99cfad0ace577631df6ff9345eb63012.jpg

Now I need some ice cream... X_X

Dootle-2-Pic-12.jpg.88b373e906876d1a766e6eb141696f9f.jpg

Where the noodles am I? O_o

Dootle-2-Pic-16.jpg.227e6f96a156af0c51ce7ab16bfe9d3c.jpg

In the beginning, God created the Heaven and the Earth, and the Earth was without form; and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters; and God said: "Let there be light!"; and there was light; and God saw the light; Day was good.

--==Info Stuff==--

GAME: DooM II
ENGINE: Vanilla/Chocolate DooM
MAPS: 32 (30 regular, 2 secret ones)
DIFFICULTY: Generally easy though difficulty DOES change enemies/Item placements
LENGTH: Most maps can be beaten within 5 minutes or less
KNOWN BUGS:
[1] VISPLANE OVERFLOWS! A good chunk of maps contain this bug! Be EXREMELY careful when no-clipping outside of the map boundaries!
[2] DRAWSEG OVERFLOWS! Just like the last known bug, several maps also contain DSO errors outside of what you're meant to play in. (ESPECIALLY MAP 29!)
[3] For some reason a few sectors have tiny, thin lines pop-up. It's super inconsistent where and when they appear so I'm guessing its more of a bug with vanilla... :l

Download:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gwpvq58sxforq1v/Dootle_2_v1.1.zip/file

CHANGELOG:

Spoiler

Version 1.0:
    Innitial Release

Version 1.1:
    + Added HUD face graphics
    + Updated the MIDI's to use the traditional DooM 2 name system, mainly so that some sourceports can load the music without errors
    + Added a new title screen
    + Added a new M_DOOM graphic
    + Fixed the title, intermission and victory themes so they acutally play
    + Fixed the intermission messages so that they correctly display in chocolate DooM; also fixed typo's

+ Fixed soft-lock on MAP30

For those who want to experience the completely un-related DooM 1 WAD:

Edited by DynamiteKaitorn : Version 1.1

Played the first couple of maps on DSDA Doom and noticed a few odd things that caught my attention:

- stock music plays because custom midi files not being named on their respective names for each map (D_TRK1 should be D_RUNNIN for example)

- you should put the DEHACKED file the your wad internally since most modern source ports loads internal DEHACKED files by default

Besides all of that, this is a neat vanilla megawad so far :)

First, yes, Dehacked can re-name music tracks. Check this thread.

Second, you released a wad called 'Dootle'? Couldn't find it on Doomworld or id archive.

You should probably add a link to it in the OP.

Thank you for the link to the original. Somehow I completely missed it the first time.

FYI: I did a Doomworld search for the word 'dootle' and only found the dootle 2 thread. In the original thread, the word 'dootle' is only in the Mediafire link. It seems the search engine doesn't check for text in links. Not sure if that's a flaw in the Doomworld search engine or Microsoft Edge.