Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guru

cooperative

do you guys still play some coop? I just did yesterday with my brother. some ooooldschool level (subway21) for doom. I didn't really play any coop for quite some time now but still - doom coop is the best!!! ;)

I was wondering if there is still any real interest in coop play. in my opinion the important thing about it is that you kinda get absorbed in the overall athmosphere of doom much quicker. we did a lot of chatting, so we kinda identified with the marines ;) I usually need a few levels to get into the feeling but with coop you are kind of "inside" the thing from the first minute. I'm currently working on a new map that mainly aims at coop. it's going to take a lot of time to get finished the way I want it to (doom1 style). anyone remeber the feel of galaxia or deadbase? those wads simply got you INTO doom.

are there people playing co-op still? is there interest in a story-driven co-op only wad? oh and someone know any odlschool (doom1 addion like) coop maps with a strong athmo?

i play coop and i LOOOOVE IT!!! but, its with my g/f on Legacy and im teaching her how to play FPS so i'd love to coop with some ppl over the net :)

anytime sp. I don't really have any goood experiences with internet doom. I did try it with a friend of mine but the game gets out of sync evertime.

guru said:

anytime sp. I don't really have any goood experiences with internet doom. I did try it with a friend of mine but the game gets out of sync evertime.

Which means you have older version if it's Doom2, get v1.9 patch

naaa ;) we tried it playing zdoom. same version, too. I suppose it had something to do with my nt server router slowing it down. still - the games should not get out of sync...

thanks guru :)

im living in France right now tho, so i donno how much wed stay in sync...

and nobbjob, i'll try and check out your wads next week, when im back home at my good old ADSL and stuff..

i've only lighty been looking into how to get Doom playing on the net.. mostly just been useing GameSpy for MOH:AA with a brit girl i talk to over the net...

but damn i love coop :)

I haven't played Doom coop since the new version of ZDaemon came out. Are there any changes? And are there often coop servers running at the moment, cos I've hardly played Doom at all lately?

sprince - I'm from germany so at least we're in the same time zone ;)

I don't really know about any coop servers as we connected directly. thinking of it this might have been what caused the sync problems... argh.

guru said:

are there people playing co-op still? is there interest in a story-driven co-op only wad? oh and someone know any odlschool (doom1 addion like) coop maps with a strong athmo?

1.Yes, unfortunatly I'm not one of them :(. (Crappy crappy 56k modem.)

2.I was gonna make LizardWar into a story-driven co-op mod, but due to my crappy mapping skills, it never happened. Oh and yes, that would be interesting to see a story-driven co-op mod.

3.Does 2002ADO have coop support?

I play co-op with my friends as much as I can. I love it! Sometimes people can be overly crazy. Leaping on enemies when Cyberdemons are shooting you ya know things like that. I do have a couple friends that don't go nuts. They rarely play though. So I play it lots I'm looking for more people to play co-op and I would love to see any new megawads. So if anyone wants someone to DOOM with just contact me via PM, or E-mail. Want to talk to me on MSN, just PM, or e-mail me with a request.

Lizardcommando said:

(Crappy crappy 56k modem.)

Yeah, same here :( But I still play coop whenever I can.