Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

MAYhem 2023 - Uploading to Incoming in a week!

Maplist

• MAP01: USCSS Holroyd by Glikzzy
  • MAP02: Outpost 666 by Scorpius
  • MAP03: Dark Avenues by NeedHealth
  • MAP04: The Future I Forgot was Due for Wednesday by Worm318
  • MAP05: Floating Dead Fish in Oil by russin
  • MAP06: All Turned Around by Obsidian
  • MAP07: Coloratura by Paul Corfiatis
  • MAP08: A Very Warm and Crude Welcome by Redead-ITA
  • MAP09: Explosive Eradication by Berubaretto
  • MAP10: Outside the Box by MObreck
  • MAP11: Washed Out by Salmon
  • MAP12: Mooned by an Elder God by Fletcher`
  • MAP13: Seized with a Violent Joy by Obsidian
  • MAP14: Arcturion Platform by TheV1perK1ller
  • MAP15: Heavy Line by Roofi
  • MAP16: Epilogue by Obsidian
  • SECRET01: The Quiet Place by General Rainbow Bacon
  • SECRET02: Spacehopper by Razza
  • SECRET03: Sleeping Sickness by cannonball
  • SECRET04: This Station Was Lost by NoReason
Edited by Obsidian : Updated the submissions.

Aw crap, I forgot this was a thing! The premise does sound interesting this year, especially the choice to map for Eternity. I'm a little too pre-occupied at the moment to be able to confirm participation - all of the projects I'm involved in have deadlines in this month - but with enough luck, I might be able to fart out a smaller map towards the end of the month at the very least.

Space - The final frontier… and yet more demons.

I have never worked with Eternity, and given the lack of time I will have, I suspect a swift boom map will be the result.

Despite being in Sweden for a third of the month I'm going to try and do an eternity map for this!

I am going to give it a shot and make a map, the theme and textures are very cool!

On 4/29/2023 at 1:44 PM, Obsidian said:
    • There are also some replaced Things to better fit the space age theme: an example map is provided here to showcase the items.

I seem to be unable to find the map. Perhaps this is the wrong link? Is the map included in the resource pack? I couldn't find it in there either.

This project looks interesting. Not sure if I can participate but I'll try.

4 minutes ago, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

I seem to be unable to find the map. Perhaps this is the wrong link?

Yeah, seems something went weird while I was getting the thread ready for prime time. Should be fixed now.

Gonna be working on a big boy for this one! The texture set base seems a lil gray at first, but since I can add my own textures with permission I'm gonna add some, vivid, imagery to my map ;D.

Forgive my ignorance here (and double forgive me if I'm blind and missed an explanation in the OP), I'm just curious how the release is being handled in terms of format / compatibility. For the maps made using the EE (UDMF) format, and featuring things like portals, are those maps basically exclusive to the Eternity Engine? (I'm thinking 'Heartland', sort of thing). If that's the case, is the whole project intended to be an EE release, or will it be divided into two distinct "compatibility" releases?

5 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Forgive my ignorance here (and double forgive me if I'm blind and missed an explanation in the OP), I'm just curious how the release is being handled in terms of format / compatibility. For the maps made using the EE (UDMF) format, and featuring things like portals, are those maps basically exclusive to the Eternity Engine? (I'm thinking 'Heartland', sort of thing). If that's the case, is the whole project intended to be an EE release, or will it be divided into two distinct "compatibility" releases?

The plan was indeed to make the finished product for the Eternity Engine, apologies for not being clear in the OP. I likely won't be making separate compilations in accordance with format unless there's sufficient demand.

27 minutes ago, Punisher said:

Do i need to be a experienced mapper to join this?

It's not a prerequisite, although if you do wanna cut your teeth on a project and build up your skills I'd heartily recommend this one over here. 👍

Count me in, i would love to make a map for this! 

Sadly i dont have the time to check the Eternity engine exclusives, so ill stay with my good old boom and make something relatively quick.

Loving the darkbase theme. Sign me up!

Okay, I'm in!  I wanted to make sure I understood how to do linked portals first.  It took an embarrassingly long amount of time and lots of practice even with the examples and wiki documentation, but I think I get it now.  Excited to see a project for Eternity.

I think I can contribute a map for this, I've got a silly idea cooking up in my head :)

Map Title: Arcturion Platform v1.1
Format: Boom (-complevel 9)
Tested: GZDoom, PrBoom+.
Difficulties Implemented: Yes (2023 monster count on UV, less on lower ones of course)
Co-op Starts: Yes for four players (no additional monsters present on co-op, however).
Music: 'Stardust' by Tristan Clark
Custom Textures: One - GLXSKY03 from Mechadon's Box o' Skies, renamed TVKSKY00 in WAD.
Bugs Present: Some slime trails(?) above the 'X' shaped middle structure. I'm certain it's a result of linedef action 271, but I have no idea how to fix at this stage.
Additional Notes: A slaughter map that starts light, but ramps up with progression. A secret exit is present, but can omit it if need be. I accounted for potential softlocks on co-op. More updates will come.

267595996_gzdoom2023-05-0709-58-16-854.jpg.cb887d75df9fe324d2426e5b8411e39b.jpg1198053211_gzdoom2023-05-0709-58-01-111.jpg.81afb8849f46fee22d93d2a0c05bf30a.jpg1016878717_gzdoom2023-05-0709-58-55-788.jpg.47ec1496251f2d1b2579b121ba3ad7fd.jpg

Download v1.3: arcplat1.3.zip

Edited by TheV1perK1ller : Updated info and link.

And we have our first submission! Cheers TVK. :D I'm hard at work on my map as well: no screenshots just yet, but I am at least having fun with portals.

image.png

I'll download the resource wad and give it a shot (Boom format of course).