Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

AI Midi generator

Has anyone already created music in MIDI format using artificial intelligence? Please share your experience of how you managed to do it and on which website? I hope the website is free.

That kinda defeats the purpose of making music, doesn't it?

9 minutes ago, HavoX said:

That kinda defeats the purpose of making music, doesn't it?

I don't think the music industry will be destroyed, but rather it will increase the variety of different types of music. Currently, very few people know how to use music software, and User-friendly software are very expensive! Therefore, only a limited number of people create music, and we are dependent on them. So, artificial intelligence will remove this dependency. Those who make a living from music can work with AI and create music without great effort.

Currently, musenet has a limited set of settings and there is no rock or metal available... I would like to give the AI a few pieces of music and have it generate 2-3 minutes of music from that. That would be amazing! But we still have a long way to go :)

FYI: this text is translated by OpenAI Chat :)

You missed the point. The AI might make the music, but you can't really take credit for it.

10 minutes ago, HavoX said:

You missed the point. The AI might make the music, but you can't really take credit for it.

Who mater credit? AI mean we go to communismus.

I create maps and I don't care if someone uses my map. If they take my map, they won't be able to create something new like I do because they are not me. They should understand that. When the truth comes out, they'll be screwed.

Actually, copyright is relevant in the monetary system. It's there to make money. In communism, there is no money, and nobody steals to earn money

Don't bother trying to generate something, I can't imagine the results will be very good. The community already has tons of MIDIs available for usage, please use one of those instead. If you absolutely need something bespoke, either get someone to write one for you or learn to do it yourself. 

Not sure why everyone cares so much? Yeah, it won't match what humans make, but that's not really the point.

Midi tracks produced by an AI are interesting to observe and research but It's not going to be a particularly useful tool in the long run in the current state of it.

From listening to them, I can tell there is something off, outside of fairly simple tracks you sort of get a melody that breaks every 10 or so seconds with an awkward note or two and a bad recovery afterwards.

Complex, more energetic tracks will stick out like a sore thumb, also the next issue I've noticed is that the tracks are generic as hell (a side affect of AI being literally derivative) and you aren't going to get anything actually good out of it, just filler.

Use at your standard's peril I guess.

36 minutes ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

it will increase the variety of different types of music.

AI just regurgitates whatever it's been trained on, so no it won't.

I tried out AIVA a few months ago, and if you want to generate orchestra or electro music, then it's decent. The cool thing about it is that you can not only download the generated song, but also a MIDI version of it. I was mostly interested in having Trance music in Doom (kinda hard to do that with MIDI, but nonetheless), and you can see the originally generated song and the MIDI version here, if you'd like. Not great, but could be usable with a little touching.

I also tried to generate some rock music, but it's downright terrible.

39 minutes ago, AD_79 said:

Didn't see that link before. Thanks a bunch!

1 hour ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

In communism, there is no money, and nobody steals to earn money

Well, the first part of this is true anyway.

AI is a mistake. To use it to create art/music/etc should be a crime punishable by a lifelong sentence.

3 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

I don't think the music industry will be destroyed, but rather it will increase the variety of different types of music. Currently, very few people know how to use music software, and User-friendly software are very expensive! Therefore, only a limited number of people create music, and we are dependent on them. So, artificial intelligence will remove this dependency. Those who make a living from music can work with AI and create music without great effort.

Currently, musenet has a limited set of settings and there is no rock or metal available... I would like to give the AI a few pieces of music and have it generate 2-3 minutes of music from that. That would be amazing! But we still have a long way to go :)

FYI: this text is translated by OpenAI Chat :)

As a customer of AI, you have access to more "music" now, but less people will make music, since the AI make it for them. (And its as usable as music scraped anywhere from internet)

3 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

Who mater credit? AI mean we go to communismus.

I create maps and I don't care if someone uses my map. If they take my map, they won't be able to create something new like I do because they are not me. They should understand that. When the truth comes out, they'll be screwed.

Actually, copyright is relevant in the monetary system. It's there to make money. In communism, there is no money, and nobody steals to earn money

I like how this guy's idea of communism is to give his money to some shady corporation to get a lousy, technically stolen version of something he could be buying directly from the independent artists that are at being put at risk. I sincerely hope that I'm replying to some brainwashed American child - that's not only my best guess, but also the best case scenario for a comment that unfathomably stupid.

4 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

I don't think the music industry will be destroyed,

You don't think so? Thank God. Because that obviously means there isn't any risk of it happening. Phew. For a moment there i thought we were actually in trouble...

I like AI generated stuff, but I see the point in that it's unfair to real artists. Maybe these AI creators should be paying artists to create content for their programs.

On 4/30/2023 at 4:03 PM, CrazyDoomguy said:

In communism, there is no money, and nobody steals to earn money

Neither part of that statement is true. During the Stalanist era, workers in the Soviet Union received pay (in Soviet Rubles) based on how much work they personally produced/completed. They had a basic wage, but also had a quota, and could only get all of their wage if they fulfilled said quota. They would also receive an exponentially increasing amount of pay for exceeding their quota.

Unfortunately, it was extremely difficult to meet that quota in many industries, as materials used in production tended to only be delivered once a month. This effectively resulted in those industries undergoing "crunch time" after the deliveries were made. It also led to both workers and overseers manipulating or distorting results to make it appear quotas had been met or exceeded, when they hadn't.

After the death of Stalin, reforms were gradually introduced that placed less emphasis on over-fulfilling quotas. Wages for the lowest paid workers were increased, and quotas were raised to make it much more difficult to over-fulfill them - this didn't necessarily mean having to produce extra work, as in some cases the worker's hours were reduced instead.

Theft (especially of state property), bribery, and the black market were also fairly prevalent in the Soviet Union.

I won't go into them in detail, but suffice it to say other communist countries such as Cuba and China pay their workers as well (with their own wage reforms over the years), and both are definitely not absent of theft and other crimes.

Edited by NiGHTMARE

5 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Neither part of that statement is true. During the Stalanist era, workers in the Soviet Union received pay (in Soviet Rubles) based on how much work they personally produced/completed. They had a basic wage, but also had a quota, and could only get all of their wage if they fulfilled said quota. They would also receive an exponentially increasing amount of pay for exceeding their quota.

Unfortunately, it was extremely difficult to meet that quota in many industries, as materials used in production tended to only be delivered once a month. This effectively resulted in those industries undergoing "crunch time" after the deliveries were made. It also led to both workers and overseers manipulating or distorting results to make it appear quotas had been met or exceeded, when they hadn't.

After the death of Stalin, reforms were gradually introduced that placed less emphasis on over-fulfilling quotas. Wages for the lowest paid workers were increased, and quotas were raised to make it much more difficult to over-fulfill them - this didn't necessarily mean having to produce extra work, as in some cases the worker's hours were reduced instead.

Theft (especially of state property), bribery, and the black market were also fairly prevalent in the Soviet Union.

I won't go into them in detail, but suffice it to say other communist countries such as Cuba and China pay their workers as well (with their own wage reforms over the years), and both are definitely not absent of theft and other crimes.

This topic is gradually turning into a discussion about communism because of my opinions. Therefore, I think it's better to open a new topic in Everything Else. As I see it, pure communism has never existed. Money still exist. Some countries call themselves beautifully to try to whitewash themselves by their names. For example, North Korea officially calls itself a Democratic People's Republic of Korea, although it's purely a dictatorship. The same goes for the Soviet Union.

I liked the idea from Jacques Fresco. If you're interested, you can listen to his lectures. He talks not only about the monetary world but also about human behavior.

On 4/30/2023 at 8:56 PM, KeaganDunn said:

AI is a mistake. To use it to create art/music/etc should be a crime punishable by a lifelong sentence.

Computers and phones are mistake too then. Use health care of precomputer era without CGI scanners and get your lifelong sentence now. Also jail all grandmas that used their phone for AI to generate a nice birthday card to send over whatsapp.

You know, it sounds like a scared artist that their shit works will not be in demand anymore and if them were just a tad bit smarter they would promote their works are "proudly not AI". You either face challenge, change notch, change positioning of your product or change your job. AI is just your another competitor and if it outperforms you, it's your fault.

It's not just "art" that AI generates now, it's like even in Russia the number of graduates who made their thesis with ChatGPT is growing and nobody seems to care about it, because in the end of it, what matters the most is what those graduates can deliver while really working, the results and satisfied clients and not tools that assisted them composing texts.

Could a mere AI ever do something as inspired as stealing Alice in Chains and Pantera riffs and hastily forcing them into a twelve-bar blues pattern?

Edited by janiform

On 5/7/2023 at 4:33 PM, janiform said:

Could a mere AI ever do something as inspired as stealing Alice in Chains and Pantera riffs and hastily forcing them into a twelve-bar blues pattern?

Come on, give Bobby Prince more credit than that. They weren't meant to be in the game.

On 4/30/2023 at 7:05 PM, The Final Event said:

Bro actually compared AI to communism and thought "yeah this is an airtight argument"

FuQuiyvXsAAz4G5?format=jpg&name=large

I love "gormless", it's one of my new favourite words.

On 4/30/2023 at 7:56 PM, Jimmy said:

You know what I reckon you should do instead?

1. Save up some money.

2. Find an actual, non-artificial human musician who can make music.

3. Give them some of your money.

4. They will make music! For you! Good music too, hopefully!

I know this isn't very "communism", but if you have any manners or respect for your fellow creators, you will compensate them for their work.

Wow... AI really gets people triggered, doesn't it. Everyone is worried about AI replicating their work and forget about AI most likely being the end of humanity as we know it. AI does not need to be sentient to go rogue.

Also, it does help to get compensated, but at this point, doomworld would rather have everyone shitting on one guy instead of actually answering that persons question. What are you, 15 years old to be afraid of inevitable?

Jesus christ doomworld mods are biased. Old guy says something off topic and insulting: nothing happens. New guy does it, boom, every mod in the universe reacts

21 minutes ago, IcarusOfDaggers said:

Wow... AI really gets people triggered, doesn't it. Everyone is worried about AI replicating their work and forget about AI most likely being the end of humanity as we know it.

I like how this started out pretty bad but then somehow got worse.

22 minutes ago, Grain of Salt said:

I like how this started out pretty bad but then somehow got worse.

Just like this thread. IcarusOfDaggers earned a vacation for whatever that was.