Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeefyBoi

Derpy Doom

Derpy Doom is a doom mod that changes every demons eyes to be looking in opposite directions. (Derpy Eyes)

I have also posted this to Moddb.com

Moddb Link

derpydoomscrenshit3.png.100d9e956032fb0a6853ee33ae47dcbd.png

-VERSIONS-

Derpy Doom v1.1

Derpy Doom v1.2

Derpy Doom v1.3

(Note: Screenshots are from version 1.1)

-CHANGELOG (For the people who want it)-

Derpy Doom Changelog

derpydoomscrenshit2.png

derpydoomscrenshit4.png

derpydoomscrenshit6.png

Edited by Obsidian : Removed warez links - Obsidian

On 5/2/2023 at 3:39 PM, BeefyBoi said:

Derpy Doom is a doom mod that changes every demons eyes to be looking in opposite directions. (Derpy Eyes)

This "mod" to me looks like warez.

Copying the DOOM2.WAD in its entirty and simple changing the looks of some sprites does not seem to be a legal mod.

You may want to delete all postings of your wads and supply a pwad which has just the changed sprites.

// if this were an actual mod, yes... should just have the pwad patchs... but something this unironically shite, deserves praise....

6 hours ago, Kappes Buur said:

This "mod" to me looks like warez.

Copying the DOOM2.WAD in its entirty and simple changing the looks of some sprites does not seem to be a legal mod.

You may want to delete all postings of your wads and supply a pwad which has just the changed sprites.

I don't really know how to do that. What I do is I just modify my DOOM2.WAD file. Can you select multiple files with slade3? My idea to fix that is to edit my .wad and delete everything that isn't changed. Is that a good solution?

Links in the OP have been removed.

As for your question @BeefyBoi, it's actually quite simple: if your wad file has just the altered sprites included (between the appropriate markers of course), then they'll replace the stock ones when the wad is loaded alongside DOOM2.wad. Try taking a look at some of the wads other folks have released and seeing how they go about their business.

4 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

Links in the OP have been removed.

As for your question @BeefyBoi, it's actually quite simple: if your wad file has just the altered sprites included (between the appropriate markers of course), then they'll replace the stock ones when the wad is loaded alongside DOOM2.wad. Try taking a look at some of the wads other folks have released and seeing how they go about their business.

Thank you! I really don't want to get into trouble. I have also deleted all my other mods that have been made that way.

Just now, BeefyBoi said:

Thank you! I really don't want to get into trouble.

No worries, it's pretty clear that there wasn't any ill intent involved. I'd recommend checking this out, could be pretty helpful for you. :)

7 hours ago, BeefyBoi said:

I don't really know how to do that. What I do is I just modify my DOOM2.WAD file. Can you select multiple files with slade3? My idea to fix that is to edit my .wad and delete everything that isn't changed. Is that a good solution?

In Derpy Doom v1.3.wad delete every lump except the lumps from S_START to S_END.

Then go through every sprite and delete the once you have not modified and save the pwad.

Then end result would be something like in imp_n_demon.wad.

imp_n_demon.zip

6 hours ago, Kappes Buur said:

In Derpy Doom v1.3.wad delete every lump except the lumps from S_START to S_END.

Then go through every sprite and delete the once you have not modified and save the pwad.

imp_n_demon.zip

Is there a way in slade3 to select multiple files at once?

Also, do I delete even the other markers? Or do I leave the other markers in there?

46 minutes ago, BeefyBoi said:

I wished there was such a thing, but no, you'll have to go through the list of sprites one by one. 

Also, do I delete even the other markers? Or do I leave the other markers in there?

As in my example, keep the modified sprites and make sure that they are between S_ markers, S_START and S_END. Other markers should also be deleted if there is no contents, although keeping them would not affect anything.

Unmodified contents could be subject to legal issues, by idsoftware and whoever is hosting such contents.

Edited by Kappes Buur

On windows it's crtl+click for precise selecting, or shift+click to highlight everything above your selection. I believe it works the same on other OS but I can't be sure.

1 hour ago, Kappes Buur said:

I wished there was such a thing, but no, you'll have to go through the list of sprites one by one. 

As in my example, keep the modified sprites and make sure that they are between S_ markers, S_START and S_END. Other markers should also be deleted if there is no contents, although keeping them would not affect anything.

Unmodified contents could be subject to legal issues, by idsoftware and whoever is hosting such contents.

Thank you! I will start work immediately.

8 hours ago, Kappes Buur said:

imp_n_demon.zip

Should I also delete these too1010090404_uselesssshitey.png.471573ff72f54f055986fe1d5e5f6fc1.png?

3 hours ago, BeefyBoi said:

Should I also delete these too1010090404_uselesssshitey.png.471573ff72f54f055986fe1d5e5f6fc1.png?

Yes, because any unmodified lump would be loaded with the DOOM2.wad resource, there is no need to duplicate them. 

However, if you provide new custom lumps like PLAYPAL, COLORMAP or DEMOs, or any other custom contents, then you would import (or copy/paste) those with Slade3.

Edited by Kappes Buur

1 hour ago, Kappes Buur said:

Yes, because any unmodified lump would be loaded with the DOOM2.wad resource, there is no need to duplicate them. 

However, if you provide new custom lumps like PLAYPAL, COLORMAP or DEMOs, or any other custom contents, then you would import (or copy/paste) those with Slade3.

Ok! Thank you!

I've been having a problem lately, slade3 has been displaying graphics in greyscale for some reason. And when I go to remap the colours, the colour palette is all black and white. I've reported this to the github issues page, but the answer wasn't very helpful. Can someone here help?

Edited by BeefyBoi