Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Worst PC Doom to console port?

in SNES doom, the monsters never turned around, they always faced u. they didnt give them any other sprites except for the face-on sprites. kinda like the dead bodies having no different angles.

Goat said:

in SNES doom, the monsters never turned around, they always faced u. they didnt give them any other sprites except for the face-on sprites. kinda like the dead bodies having no different angles.

It's like that in 32X Doom as well. By the way, at the end of 32X Doom there's a "C:\Doom\" after the credits. Was that supposed to be funny or something?

HEH! SNES DOOM was by far the best early port! even though it had a frame rate of about 25-27(if i remember correctly,) no back sprites, and no ceiling/floor textures, the FX chip and the SNES did well. The 32x sucked d0nk3y balls, the 3D0 had ROCKIN music, but the frame rate was poor. The Jaguar, i cant say cause i never played it(altho, if someone knows ware i can get a working emu and rom, i would love to try it.) DooM64 was rockin, but action seemed abit slow for a DooM game. but the graphics were great. PSX DooM is Rockin 2, for it has mad lighting efects and other l33t effects that we had to wait for DooM to be GNU for Legacy to become a reality for PC DooMers to get l33t Lighting effects and stuff.

I sound like i live video games.......wait a minute, I DO!

the worst doom console port is the Sega Saturn version.

I wouldn't concider doom64 a console port, since its almost an entire different game in all.

SNES Doom was the first doom game I ever experenced, while rather choppy and the lack of various sprite angles, I still enjoyed it. not to mention it was the only console port with Doom 1 levels untouched and oringinal.

Gh0sT said:

HEH! SNES DOOM was by far the best early port! even though it had a frame rate of about 25-27(if i remember correctly,) no back sprites...

Actually, I think the frame rate was about 14-17 frames on average. Or so. Also, I think the lack of back sprites made the game more challenging. You couldn't sneak up on enemies. And also, since some of the attack frames were removed, they also attacked faster. This makes the game kind of tough. Of course, in your favor, one plasma ball was about as powerful as a shotgun blast and the rocket launcher was about 1.5 times as powerful as in the PC version. But hey, who's counting?

I've got a review of 3do doom in one of my old gamefan magazines. They didn't like it too much, hehe.
Was the music for 3do doom different from regular doom, or was the quality just good?

Imp said:

Snes doom that game is pure shit it just looks like a big mess of pixels

Yes

Demons Hand said:

Duke on the psx was ok tell it was turnded to a 3d person. That is the most stuped thing 3d realms ever did.

AFAIK 3D Realms had absolutely nothing to do with the 3rd person Duke PSX games whatsoever. They were developed by N-Space and published by GT Interactive.

I haven't played all of them but I say the wrost one was the 32x version. I liked the SNES doom at least it had all the monsters and levels.

I liked PSX Doom the least. I didn't like the crazy disco colours they stuck around the place, and I remember the music annoying me too. Doom64 is very good, I would argue that it is a kind of port of the original, since it is basically just a graphics conversion and a map pack apart from the rat-like end boss and the new weapon. GBA Doom is good for a handheld, but pretty bad for not having the Cyber and Spiderdemon. Did the SNES version have all the enemies?

Rotting Corpse said:

Duke on the psx was ok tell it was turnded to a 3d person. That is the most stuped thing 3d realms ever did.

That was an entirely different game from Duke3d. You're thinking of Time To Kill.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

I liked PSX Doom the least. I didn't like the crazy disco colours they stuck around the place, and I remember the music annoying me too. Doom64 is very good, I would argue that it is a kind of port of the original, since it is basically just a graphics conversion and a map pack apart from the rat-like end boss and the new weapon. GBA Doom is good for a handheld, but pretty bad for not having the Cyber and Spiderdemon. Did the SNES version have all the enemies?

All but the spectre. After seeing the SNES version of Doom, I wondered why anyone would bother with the 32X version. Somehow, on a system, that mathematically is only half as good, you got much more. More levels, and more enemies. Better music to boot ;) I liked it much better, IMHO.

All i've played is Snes Doom (fixed my problem of typing it DooM) and I must say, it's BAD. I played this back in the day when I didn't have a PC, and it gave me a negative experience regarding Doom that was hard to shake. Bad levels, bad graphics, a framerate from hell, so-so music, and no savegames. The only good thing about this was the red cartridge.