Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thelamp

I will play your WAD and make a video with commentary [ON HIATUS]

Recommended Posts

I thought I had updated Map 15 in this file. Well, I'll update it for the next time. The SSG was supposed to be in the lighter room, where you eventually get the yellow key, the hell knights in the secret were supposed to be 2 and not 5, the barons were supposed to be removed... Well... I'll see if I have saved the updated version in the temporary wad I use for editing, while this is the one I give for testing since it has no incomplete maps inside. If so, the file I gave you and all the other testers will be updated ASAP. If not, then maybe you'll have to wait. I might update this version before I finish map 21, but I'm not giving more maps than the ones you saw in the set until the updated version is in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, thelamp said:

 

There's a MAP33 that you can also warp to.

 

I'm glad you've enjoyed the set overall.  I felt the frustration during that last fight lol.

Share this post


Link to post

New map is ready to go, many changes have occurred. If you want to skip the first map that you already played then you can simply do changemap MAP02 in console

Change log:

Spoiler

May, 27th, 2023

-Improved mace animations

-Using altfire with mace activates heavy attack

-decrease bow damage slightly, more arrows are given on quiver pickups
-Added MAP02 Labyrinth
-Fixed textures in MAP01
-Added Story filler between MAP01 and MAP02
-Added new title screen and logo
-Improved optimization (Decreased size from 14mb to 4mb)

May, 25th, 2023
-Beta Release
-Map 01 Awaken
-Three new enemies
-Three new weapons
-New music
-New graphics
-New textures

 

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, thelamp said:

The level is a puzzle by trying to find the exit via taking a series of paths. The room with john romeros head is not the solution (I will need to change that head to some other prop) You have to keep going through the labyrinth 

Share this post


Link to post

Youve managed to put in a lot of work here, but that leaves me wondering...

 

Afterward, can we get a recommendation list from you on what you enjoyed?

 

Thats actually a funny thought, about how long do you plan on doing this for?

Share this post


Link to post

FNAF.zip

 

This is my second wad ever, I made in 6 hours, I think. Tested on Crispy DooM and GzDooM, basically vanilla. Freelook and jump don't affect gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, thelamp said:

 

Thanks for playing!  That level is, by far, my favorite in the set.

 

The weapon at the end isn't a BFG replacement (there's actually one BFG on MAP04 in an unmarked secret), but it's added in the same manner as the super shotgun.  It's basically a super chaingun, so it's in weapon slot 4 (you need to press 4 twice since I gave the normal chaingun more priority).  It should be stronger than the plasma gun, and even has a chance to gib some lower tier enemies.  That's also the reason why I increased the bullet capacity from 200 to 300.  It chews through ammo really quickly.

Share this post


Link to post

Hey Lamp, if you're up for it, do you think you could play through my recent mapset I just released:

 

 

Do keep in mind that this does need GZDoom to run because of the Decorate scripts being used for some new enemies and two new weapons along with some other GZDoom specific scripting. It's a 7 map mini episode for Doom 2 (although MAP01 and MAP07 are the prologue and epilogue maps respectively).

Share this post


Link to post

Are you still doing this cause I am making a 3 map mapset as my first attempt at mapping and would really like some feedback on what I could do better. It should hopefully be done relatively soon (It will be pretty short and uses only vanilla doom 2 sprites and it will probably be pretty mid.

 

Edited by Raith138

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Raith138 said:

Are you still doing this cause I am making a 3 map mapset as my first attempt at mapping and would really like some feedback on what I could do better. It should hopefully be done relatively soon (It will be pretty short and uses only vanilla doom 2 sprites and it will probably be pretty mid.

 

Yep I'm still taking requests feel free to return when it is ready for playtesting!

 

@aRottenKomquat

 

@IHave10Shells

 

Share this post


Link to post

I will probably include a .txt file including the story. Which may be needed for some context for the last level.

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Raith138 said:

I will probably include a .txt file including the story. Which may be needed for some context for the last level.

Sounds interesting! I nearly did that in my own project, The Magenta Spire, but ended up scrapping the idea. There's an intro blurb in the text file but that's all that remains of that idea. One of many ideas that I scrapped along the way, it's good not to shy away from experimental ideas when creating but it's also good to know when to trim the fat. Hard to balance sometimes. Anyways, I look forward to your project !:)

 

 

@Lizardcommando

 

@Woody101

 

Share this post


Link to post

Obviously not my .WADs but have you played Doom 64 in Doom 2 and Doom Zero, and if not would you be interested in making playthroughs of them?

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Individualised said:

Obviously not my .WADs but have you played Doom 64 in Doom 2 and Doom Zero, and if not would you be interested in making playthroughs of them?

I have not played Doom64 in Doom 2, and I have only played the first half or so of Doom Zero. When I started this thread I actually went on hiatus for playthroughs of megawads, the four on hiatus now are TNT (map22), Hell in Hell (map21), Perdition's Gate (map22), and Going Down (map16). I would want to complete at least two of these before starting something else. And if I get to that point I'll likely make a community post poll on youtube to see what people wanna see me play. I did this last time I was looking for stuff to play and it worked out pretty well

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, thelamp said:

I have not played Doom64 in Doom 2, and I have only played the first half or so of Doom Zero. When I started this thread I actually went on hiatus for playthroughs of megawads, the four on hiatus now are TNT (map22), Hell in Hell (map21), Perdition's Gate (map22), and Going Down (map16). I would want to complete at least two of these before starting something else. And if I get to that point I'll likely make a community post poll on youtube to see what people wanna see me play. I did this last time I was looking for stuff to play and it worked out pretty well

 

Cool!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, thelamp said:

Sounds interesting! I nearly did that in my own project, The Magenta Spire, but ended up scrapping the idea. There's an intro blurb in the text file but that's all that remains of that idea. One of many ideas that I scrapped along the way, it's good not to shy away from experimental ideas when creating but it's also good to know when to trim the fat. Hard to balance sometimes. Anyways, I look forward to your project !:)

 

 

@Lizardcommando

 

 

 

Thanks for playing through my mapset! That's weird that you've got some major HOM showing up in the skies though. It works perfectly fine with the version of GZDoom I have (Version 4.8.2). I wonder if anyone else has these issues.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Lizardcommando said:

Thanks for playing through my mapset! That's weird that you've got some major HOM showing up in the skies though. It works perfectly fine with the version of GZDoom I have (Version 4.8.2). I wonder if anyone else has these issues.

Not sure if that could be the problem, but I was using GZ Doom 4.10

 

 

 

@spd7693

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×