Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thelamp

I will play your WAD and make a video with commentary [ON HIATUS]

@thelamp

I use to frequently watch stuff on dailymotion a long time ago.  It's a youtube alternative that you might be able to use.

I also found this video and others like it which suggest to contact youtube through twitter:

@thelamp

The part where you went through the window... I found out about it and started playing around with it... but I forgot to fix it for the final release. Sorry.

If you still wanna play wads and make videos on it, can I request my Hell Invasion's MAP24? So far it's the map I am the most proud of and would like to see someone play it. I do recommend save scumming a lot though if you do choose to play it. It's not really hard (I'd say about Plutonia-ish in difficulty) but it is LOOOOOONG.

Requires GZDoom 1.8.6 or higher.

I would be curious to see what you thought of the first map of my megawad Mortal

need some feedback on gameplay and aesthetics :P 

it is made in gzdoom format, but mostly for the texture advantages. There is nothing to non vanilla about the map itself. 

look forward to hearing back from you :) 

Cheers

Dan

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j8Pkn3Ba8YoTf8oezsI9AzsR6A9qLuSo/view?usp=share_link

Edited by dmh094 : UPDATE LINK

16 hours ago, thelamp said:

@kirbyguy11

Looks like this video got deleted by youtube I don't have a clue why? Maybe I upload too much and they're calling it spamming idk. I'm appealing the removal so we'll see what happens with that. The appeal came in while I was editing this, they're standing by their decision to delete it for god know's what stupid reason, if anyone has a suggestion for where to upload as a backup I'm all ears!

Reveal hidden contents

youtube.png.4ea6d195436cde5848dd946cfbc1f170.png

Lets see if Youtube hates me too lol

here is my super risky video with another dose of @thelamp commentary :

Don't mind me just passing thru keep sending requests to lamp and not me

bye

17 hours ago, Lizardcommando said:

Do you take requests to play specific maps from megawads? If so, I was wondering if you'd want to play the maps I made for MAYhem 2022 - Memento Moron and UAC Supply Surplus Project. Both are MAP02, strangely enough. Both are fully playable in GZDoom, but they should also be compatible with PRBoom Plus too.

When I try to download your map in the UAC Supply Surplus Map thread I get this error could you reupload it elsewhere pls :)

Spoiler

dw-error.png.659c2640b2dae8f0cdc8b4ced3784ca2.png

Also here's the video for your other submission!

@thelamp Well played! Your instinct in the final fight on the first attempt was what I had in mind when designing it: Let the cyber infight with the revs while you nuke the hell nobles with the bfg to make space to move, then clean up the remaining revs with rockets, which saves cells for the archvile ambush at the end. Your strat of rushing the cyber switch to escape the arena was cool, I had the idea in my head that someone might be able to thread that needle but never really tested it myself. Nice to see that it works and doesn't totally break the fight. 

@thelamp

Ok i finished writing down the notes from watching your play though of my wad and i'll start off my saying i'm glade you've like the levels (even though some of them really need touch ups and reworks) but overall i did enjoy watching you play through it and it has helped me get point out flaws as well in the maps i did. So here's the notes i wrote down and i am so sorry for this huge wall of text i am going to throw out but if you like reading here's the "behind the magic" of each maps.

E1M1: This was going to be a one time map and later i was going to release the others but i decided to go all in and make 9 levels for ep. 1 instated of making and releasing it one at a time. This level is going to get a remake in the future after i finish do ep. 3 (well after ep. 2 is done with which i am almost done with. I'll explain more later)

E1M2: This one i had to redo a few times since i couldn't get it to flow right. I remember sandwedge was talking about how some area's were eh and some we're ok. So i made it to where you can back track and get stuff or hunt for secrets, which by the way you missed one. 

In the room where the sun symbol on the floor is, if you stand on it and look at the flashing "No humans allowed" wall texture is at, If you shoot that it reveals a backpack and a stimpack, just wanted to let you know on that one.

E1M3: Oh man Vile. This one had a few changes made to it. One: The "link" room it got reworked since Sandwedge played it and i must of forgot to add more health and ammo to the room, the secret got changed since all it was originally was a wall behind a wall.....i know dumb.

Two: The key colored bars i believe was from lady dragon mist (i could be mis remembering) but she told me that "the confusing part is the hitting the panels in the room and not know what your lowing, maybe add some color key bars to let the player know what key there getting". So i did that and there was a secret exit when you got the yellow key card at the end of the level, well close to the end of the level.

Three: The yellow key card is at the end of the level, once you enter the blue key door room and lower the wall to go to the exit. There's a switch that lowers the door to reveal the yellow key card to open the yellow door where you got the blue key at. Once you go there, open the door, hit the switch and run back out to the open area and a wall will be lowered to reveal a hidden cave to the secret level. 

Bonus: The lowering of the walls, yeah i took that idea from Snax's Ultimate Doom wad she made.

E1M9: I'll keep this one short and sweet. This is my second favorite map i made. It's basically my version of Military base.

E1M4: Hands down one of the best ones out of ep. 1. This map i made dark, moody and kinda depressing. I want the player to feel like they enter a unholy place and have this consent fear of "what is going to get me" vibe. I am planing on reworking some spots since this was a reworked version of the map anyways. Also this is up there with Sorrow my E1M9 map as favorite. 

E1M5: Not going to lie, this one is also getting the remake treatment since i half asses it when making it.

E1M6: An ode to my map 03 and map 31 of the community project Theme GAWAD #1 by Osifil (Sorry if i spelt the name wrong). Also this is the level that i started doing the "face" sandwedg loved when first playing it.

E1M7: Ah yes, this one got a over haul like a major over haul. This one, the OG version was so trashy that i even said in the read me "This is trash, this is getting a reworked in the future" which it did. So the yellow key door outside you can see through the bared windows, that's a secret but it has a surprised in it as well. In order to get there you need to find the teleporter that leads to there....which is hidden. Gotta keep some stuff hidden. Also the name of the level...it's latin for "Plague of the forgotten".

E1M8: Oh man this got a major over haul as well. This one was basically i combined all 8 of the starting area's into a two set trail by fire thing. By the end you think you won....no you didn't win, not even close of winning that fight. It is also the starting area of Ep. 2

Those are the notes i took for ep. 1.

Ep. 2 notes

E2M1: This is a in between levels of E1M8 and E2M2 (which i just finished a while ago and need to fill it with enemies and goodies). In the story text yes there is a story which i need to re write so it's more fitting for Ep. 2 you as the player is going through different worlds, you left the human world, now you've entered there world hence the elder god name Xurzek. 

E2M3: My flare on E2M3 and of course i had to include the piple valve textures because why not lol. Anyways this one was going to be like a Tricks and Traps gimmic where you went through doors and had to grab different keys to open more doors...but i scrapped that idea because i wanted to do something different and the name is Sinister but with a "y" and not an "I" in it, also it's the name of the lead guitar player of A7X (Avenged Sevenfold). Kinda of a easter egg if you listen to that band.

E2M4: This one was basically "Throw random stuff in and see what works and what doesn't" that's all for this one.

E2M9: Oh man i need to some rework on this one. But this one is like basically fortress of mystery if huffed up on coke and more harder with traps into fooling you thinking something works...the last area (before the last cyber demon fight for the yellow key) was a switch hunt...but after watching you play it i need to fix that issue so people don't upset and tell me it's trash.

E2M8: The first level i made before doing the others. My take on the cyber demon fight and the damaging blood, i took that from snax's wad as well.

Those we're my notes for ep. 2

Overall i look at the first two eps like this:

Ep. 1: Learning how to use the enemies and weapons as tools for tough fights and fucking around with the editor.

Ep. 2: Ok time to take the gloves off a bit and make the player get ambushed but still be able to win the fight.

Now as far as Ep. 3 goes it will be something like this: Ep. 3 Throwing the gloves off and going to make the player sweat and think about saving ammo and starve them as well.

So i have a bit of a confession to make about this wad i am making solo. If it was not for Snax's Ultimate Doom mega wad Stickeny Installation, this would have never came to be. I remember watch Sandy (Sandwedge) play through ep. 1 of Stickeny and snax's said this "I think people should give doom 1 mapping a try, even if it's like one or two maps. Yes i understand doom 1 has limited enemies and power-ups but work with the limitations you have and see what works....but no one will do that because the doom 2 mappers will miss the super shotgun too much". Well at first i though doing doom 1 mapping would be boring since i did doom 2 more. But after doing mapping for Ultimate Doom i came to realized that you can make doom 1 hard like doom 2 but without the extra monsters and all that stuff.

So snax was one of the main inspirations for making this mega wad possible but i also took inspirations from Wilster and Osifil as well. Maybe in the future i'll have you play all of ep. 2 fully and maybe ep. 3 as well.

Again thank you for playing through it and watching you helped me point out flaws i've missed through my play testing of the maps.

As a bonus i want to mention that the midis are from Doom: Damnation, The Ultimate Midi for doom 1 and Plutonia experiment community midi set.

Now maybe i should get clippy to play thought this or doomkid.....Ok maybe doomkid would be a very far stretch since he's more of a Deathmatch player not a single player kind of person. 

5 hours ago, thelamp said:

When I try to download your map in the UAC Supply Surplus Map thread I get this error could you reupload it elsewhere pls :)

Hide contents

dw-error.png.659c2640b2dae8f0cdc8b4ced3784ca2.png

Thanks for reviewing my Memento Moron map! Great playthrough of it. You looked like you had some trouble in the cavern section though, haha. You also missed the secret green armor.

As for my map in the UAC Supply Surplus megawad, I'm surprised you weren't able to download it. Did you download the main megawad or just my map? Here's the link to the main megawad itself.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aUbIRKV5AJ-i5g6_WCsiQqIepMF87M20/view

If you're still running this forum in July or something, you can probably still play an upcoming mod of mine

And this time, it'll be much better than DemonFight.

1 hour ago, thelamp said:

@Lizardcommando I was only trying to download your map thanks that link works for me!

@XybearThanks for playing and for the advice. This wad is supposed to be Plutonia hard, but some parts can be a bit overkill. Also don't worry, I'll add less shotgunners in future maps.

Just in the middle of the video. Thanks btw! :P

The switches do work in the latest version now there.

I think I screwed up in slade by trying to lower the file size and accidentally eliminated the trigger textures. 

they do work again now :P

anyway, back to the video! :)

Edited by dmh094

just finished the video. Glad you liked it! The thing with the switches is fixed now so, it actually works!

also map 3 is finished if you wanted to play that aswell :) 

alright awesome, look forward to hearing what you think as you

continue to the maps :)

I added three levels and 3 MIDIs, the only MIDI that I didn't make is MAP04's, but don't worry it doesn't have copyright.

red.zip