Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thelamp

I will play your WAD and make a video with commentary [ON HIATUS]

22 hours ago, thelamp said:

Okay, going to back to this map and cut out as much as I possibly can to simplify it.  People cannot navigate this thing. 

7 hours ago, thelamp said:

Thank you so much for playing our wad! I do agree with you, 100%, it is in a rough state, but I'm happy to hear you're interested in Map 3, again thank you so much for your feedback and I hope you'll enjoy the wad when it gets released. :D (We'll try to send ya map 3 when it's completed)

8 hours ago, thelamp said:

I am honestly surprised you managed to beat the map in 1 hour without jumping or using Freelook for the vast majority of it O-O

If you press the Alternate fire button on the green pointy gun, you can actually zoom in. It's a sniper rifle. Also it pretty much requires freelook to use because it isn't effected by auto-aim.

Hey there, i have a brand new map here, hot from the oven. It's in the main and last post in the thread:

8 hours ago, thelamp said:

@Jakub Majewski

Thanks for your continued playthrough. At the 16:04 mark I heard an MBF dog bark, and I was taken aback. Fortunately, it turned out that it's the secret notification. Do you have a custom PWAD with a dog bark for the secret notifications, or did you discover some source port easter egg, I wonder. On my end, it's just the item respawn sound.

5 hours ago, Jakub Majewski said:

Thanks for your continued playthrough. At the 16:04 mark I heard an MBF dog bark, and I was taken aback. Fortunately, it turned out that it's the secret notification. Do you have a custom PWAD with a dog bark for the secret notifications, or did you discover some source port easter egg, I wonder. On my end, it's just the item respawn sound.

haha yes that is a custom sound I added to replace the secret sound. Woof sourceport go bow wow!

2 hours ago, thelamp said:

haha yes that is a custom sound I added to replace the secret sound. Woof sourceport go bow wow!

You shouldn't modify WADs in any fashion when making videos. Carefully read the .txt files coming with the WADs and respect the author's instructions. You're going to enjoy yourself much more and have a good reputation on Doomworld and youtube...It actually borders violations of Author's rights!!!

Edited by Naarok0fkor

27 minutes ago, Naarok0fkor said:

You shouldn't modify WADs in any fashion when making videos. Carefully read the .txt files coming with the WADs and respect the author's instructions. You're going to enjoy yourself much more and have a good reputation on Doomworld and youtube...It actually borders violations of Author's rights!!!

I did not modify anyone's wad, it's just a sound replacement (separate wad) in my autoload folder. my autoload also contains a .deh patch that gives the monsters coloured blood. AFAIK these things do not alter the way a wad plays. I do intend to play people's maps according to the author's intentions

7 minutes ago, thelamp said:

Thanks so much for playing through it and giving your feedback! I'm glad you thought it was interesting. The reasoning behind the scarcity of ammunition was to not make the butcher feel useless as an enemy. The idea was to use the mace on cultist that are close up and on the butchers. Then using the bow on far away cultist and the two minibosses. I'll be sure to send the second map once it has been completed.

Thanks for the content @thelamp, good stuff! About my map... i did some changes to it today to attempt to improve some of the messier fights. I was aware even before i made it, that a map like this, with such huge open spaces, will most likely struggle with the combat aspect. But i still wanted to make it, and put the focus on the visual "spectacle" and the atmosphere, if i can put it like this. I'm still quite happy with the yellow key arena though, where you have to find the correct way to escape. Even at some point i concidered it to be the only fight that happens in the entire map, with the rest of it being a peaceful walk.

By the way... there are no street magicians there. :D. I don't know if many people will be able to get reference, but it is an easter egg and homage to the main inspiration behind the map.

i would appreciate it if you checked out my submission, a map I made for the darkzone community project
the map hasn't gotten a proper playtest (with video) so I thought I'd share it here 
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rgbgub0gkhiq1an/bigsmokes_submission_to_dz.rar/file
just open the map with the texture pack and run it on DSDA source port and then go to map06 (my map) 
the map gets a bit slaughterhouse-ish at times but its not really that difficult either, also ammo is a bit limited so be careful