Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kerstens

Pinball Doom!

I got an idea after watching the Royal Cacodemon from my WAD. This beast is in essence a Cacodemon that's much stronger and very much faster than it's lower-caste counterpart. Watching this guy fighting is really cool!!

But wouldn't it be even cooler to have enemies bounce off walls when you blast them into one? The Royal Caco has got a very low mass, so it propelles backwards if you hit it, even with a shotgun. A rocket in this demon's face really whops it to the other side of the room.

If that blast could be pursued in the opposite dirtection when it hits a wall or Thing, we would have Royal Caco Pinball!! Perhaps a nice thought for all you port makers out there...

Bye bye...

- Kerstens

Kerstens said:

Perhaps a nice thought for all you port makers out there.

Thats why I said that but he or she chould
post it in the zdoomgl forum to,

yeah but I was talking to you. =P

Anyway, on subject now, wouldn't that be hard? Seems like a lot of work when someone could make a flash version that would end up better.

Part of me wants to post hell this thread for coming up with such a silly idea, but it just sounds so cool that I cant...

I once downloaded a freeware game that claimed to be 'Doom Pinball', but the piece of shit wouldn't work, so I dunno if it was good or what.

What about making the walls of a ZDoom level reflect things or does that only affect players?

Ralphis said:

You stole this idea from me.

/me starts jumping up and down like the Rally Monkey.

IT'S A LIE! IT'S A LIE! YOU DIDN'T WORK ON ANYTHING RELATED TO PINBALL DOOM!

imagine the "DING!" sound when a pinball cacodemon hits a wall, that would be soooooo funny :)

Anyone remember that Doom Pinball table for Visual Pinball that was POTD for a week or so on the old Doomworld design?

Ralphis said:

You stole this idea from me.

ralphis. you might have some ideas, but don't think when someone else gets the same one they're copying you, kthxbye

I downloaded the table and the program... got addicted to making pinball tables for a while as I'd always dreamed of making my own computerised pinball table maker but then realised someone else beat me to it and did a pretty good job considering it was in alpha stage at the time... the guy who made the table also made a Doom 2 table, but I never downloaded that.