Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

The new EP "INVASIVE" -- More songs by Jimmy -- OUT NOW!

PURCHASE/STREAM "INVASIVE" EP

LISTEN TO "INVASIVE" EP ON SPOTIFY

OUT NOW!

Many thanks to @Velvetic for his stomping production/mixing, and @KeaganDunn for his unwavering assistance with the lyric and music videos.

And as a special treat, check out the video for "Ungrateful". This video was sprung on me as a surprise, and features the musical performances of @Dragonfly and @Tristan who play drums and bass, respectively. Of course I had to feature my own singing in the video as well, and the end result is (imho) very pleasing indeed. I really hope you all enjoy!

Thank you so much again, guys! Means a lot to me that you'd get involved with all these crazy new musical adventures of mine. :D

The COVID-19 pandemic – a tragically mismanaged three years of irreversible chaos and grief.

Those in authority did their level best to ignore the signs that prompt action and precautions should be taken. They came across to us as cold and uncaring, dampening their language and muddying the waters of information. Public guidances were misleading, mistimed, and miscommunicated. Lockdown periods were needlessly elongated. Governments favoured their image in the public eye over communicating the correct messages, and despite repeat consultation with the scientific community, still caved to those who believed there was no urgent need for preventative action.

As the virus raged on without much inhibition, the world changed, slowly but irrevocably. What little trust we had in those in charge was all but eroded. We, the workforce, the backbone of society, were largely left to suffer, and at worst, perish.

Now we stand, countless thousands of deaths later, in a world that can barely function. Businesses understaffed, families shattered, economies ruined. Governments have been revealed to have been thoroughly corrupt, woefully inefficient and deeply insincere throughout the pandemic period.

Even now that COVID-19 has largely diminished in prevalence, the earth-shaking after-effects are still deeply felt by many. Workers still today are suffering through their employers’ insistence on low pay and overwork, not to mention automatic layoffs as they apparently can no longer afford to pay their workers. After risking life and limb, the thanks we get for working the frontlines is minimal-to-non-existent, and we as a people appear to be more divided than ever – even without a global pandemic to contend with.

Edited by Jimmy

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Thank you so much again, guys! Means a lot to me that you'd get involved with all these crazy new musical adventures of mine. :D

T'was an honor ol' buddy ol' pal; I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Congrats on the release, was a blast tuning in to the listening party and look forward to seeing what else you put out there 🤘

i tried hyping this album up a bit yesterday on my stream as i played Joy of Mapping 6. Congrats on the release!

T'was so much fun to be a part of, and I'll do it all over again for whatever comes next!

Though topping the videos we made here will be a challenge. lol

Thanks for your comments so far, everyone!

Have two more videos that came out when the EP dropped - for the songs "Citylife" and "Remains to be Seen".

A story told from the perspective of a corrupt and aged politician, whose constituency is uprising against him. Witnessing destruction far outside the scope of his ability to contain, he stays obstinately confined in his ivory tower in a vain attempt to ignore the danger he is in.

Cities can be a haven for deep-seated corruption. High-rise structures provide a sense of self-righteousness for the wealthy and powerful. Palaces, churches, and military headquarters are built to house the elite and self-righteous, and potentially protect them from outside harm. Monuments are constructed as effigies of man's hubris – we flaunt our own sense of self-importance with the construction of enormous structures that often-underpaid workers spend huge amounts of energy and time erecting, with some even dying in the process.

However, recent times, along with the destruction of the Twin Towers, have shaken people's faith in these structures. Skyscrapers are now generally perceived as easy targets for domestic attacks, and government buildings are among to first to be stormed and razed by a disenchanted populace.

It’s unclear whether this character's intentions have been earnest all this time. Does he actually care about protecting and sustaining his people, or is he concerned only with the safety of himself? Either way, he seems unwilling to put forth a shred of effort in the right places, and this ultimately leads to his downfall.

An outpouring of intrusive thoughts of death; or, more specifically, the idea of leaving behind an actual legacy or some other lasting impact on the world, rather than remaining but a fleeting iota of life in this wrathful universe. This song also expresses frustration with the idea that despite one's best efforts throughout life, one might in fact only be recognised fully once death embraces.

Leaving a legacy takes insurmountable fortitude – it can be a deeply troubling dichotomy wanting to leave a significant mark on the world while also remaining insular and painfully shy of the world around you. While it's obviously natural to want to surround yourself with trusted friends and good company, it is expanding your network into unseen and uncertain territories that is the only way to get your name well and truly recognised, and this can be utterly paralysing for someone who isn't the social type.

I know that I'm *known*, at the very least. But there's a strong impetus to continue growing the small but faithful audience I have to the point where it might become overnumerous or even unmanageable – just in order to stay relevant. Much of the world these days, including the music industry and online culture, is built on a model of "endless growth" – a model known to be unsustainable. The challenge of trying to adhere to it just to stay afloat in the world can seem dauntingly impossible.

We spill our guts and bare our souls, just to risk being drowned out by the incessant noise produced by the inscrutable algorithms of social media – which, in a cruel twist of irony, are the one option provided to us that seems powerful enough to viably reach mass audiences at all.

While I'm eternally grateful for the love and faithfulness of the community that I have fostered over the last 15 years around my music, I realise I'm still residing in a pretty niche corner of the world at large. The point at which I decide to break through the ceiling I've built above me, for fear of exposure to the world beyond, remains to be seen.

I was given permission to post this here. On top of the music videos, I have charted the entire EP for Clone Hero - not just for one instrument, but four! Lead Guitar, Bass, Keys, and Drums. Download is in the description.

Of course, a big thanks to Jimmy for the support and making this whole thing exist. All of these songs are absolute bangers and work pretty well as Full Band.

FC when