Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

doom.wrong.button.com - to whoever's pounding ftp...

Someone with a dialup connection, thru BTINTERNET.COM keeps pounding my ftp, again and again. And since I only have a certain amount of slots open for Doom (and the whole site for that matter), it's screwing everything up. Even login requests take up slots for doom, which means if someone wants to get on, they're denied access. Not to mention, it cuts the bandwidth of the ftp.

What I'm asking is to stop pounding the site. Download 1 or 2 files at a time, but not the same ones twice. I already have it set that a single IP can download 2 files, so don't try to download more than that. I don't want to resort to banning the ip, since I'd be banning everyone else on the dial-up server. But if this persists, I will have no choice.

You have been warned. This site is for everyone, not just for you.

I'm on BTINTERNET.

I have only downloaded a few MP3's and the scanned posters, but I like the facility (thanks) and I don't want to be banned along with whoever, so quit it.

Elbryan, I can't even access your FTP site. I get this error that says "not logged in, unauthorized FTP access".

Because of that, I had to use my account name and password to access the ftp.

the person who's downloading is basically downloading transformers. all day, every day, logging in to 2 accounts, downloading the same file on both accounts, cancelling, redownloading. really slowing things down. i've denied access to btinternet tonite until the person stops or someone owns up to it. they've been hammering the site all nite, even though they can't get in. asshole.

i apologize to all of the people who are also on btinternet who are innocent of this crime. hopefully this gets resolved soon. worst case scenario is the ip stays banned for the doom account, and if someone from btinternet needs to download, they can get a seperate account. but hopefully they stop, grow up, apologize, and promise never to hammer again. then, and only then, will the ip be un-banned.

10 hours since I banned the IP. And they're still hammering the site. Two words: Grow up.

heh I guess banning the IP will do little good. There are a lot of BT Internet users in the UK.

I'm suprised a 56k user could cause you that much trouble though.

Ok. Here's the deal. He kept hammering up until about an hour ago. That's 16 hours. Bastard. The side effect of him doing this was banning everyone. Probably a feature I accidently have enabled. So I lifted the ban for now, so the ftp works now.

Anyway, if it starts again, the IP will be banned for the Doom account only, and if someone else on BTINTERNET wants to download, I'd gladly make an account for them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Nothing amazes me anymore. Especially stupidity :P

yea humans are stupid, this is the work of some depressed, 13 year old faggot, with out a life. come on this guy has to be a loser first of all for pounding the beloved doom ftp and second to do it for 16 hours while banned. u cant be much more of a loser than that. I hope we catch this assgoblin soon, even better if we caught him in real life so we could "pound" him with a baseball bat

I have been recently going to that FTP.It rules.I download one file at a time.If you really want the person banned give ME their IP...*chuckles menacinly*

Nothing that X-Netvision, Jammer 2.0, Divine Intervention, and all the other spicy junk you can find on the New World Order won't fix...heheh.

hmm... nothing for 14 hours. maybe the bastard gave up, or saw this thread and found out that people are pissed. i can't stand it when people don't care about the results of their actions.

if the person reading this is the one who was hammering, downloading the same file two times at the same time, etc, i won't ban you if you behave. that is, no hammering. no downloading the same file twice at the same time, and respect that others use this site too. not just you. first of all, you don't have to download the same file twice. the ftp does support resuming. just have your ftp client to retry when a file fails, and you'll have it faster. plus, it won't piss me off. second, you can only log in twice. trying to log in consistently more than twice will get you banned. the last thing i wanna see in the log is someone trying non-stop to log-in, failing, and retrying for hours, days, or weeks on end as i've seen.

that's it for now. this isn't just for the one who's hammering, but for everyone who wants to download from the ftp. respect the ftp, and you won't be banned, the ftp will stay up, and everyone will be happy.

Yeah attacking a 56k connection will really show him! It'll take.... 2 minutes to reconnect under a new IP and be safe! Good plan!

I simply banned everything under BTINTERNET. It wasn't that hard. He tried reconnecting initially, but I got em all.

It's probably no doubt that it's someone who used to be on the forums or maybe still is. Maybe this person recently got banned or something and now he's trying to find a way to get back at everyone by any means necessary. I guess we should keep our eyes peeled.

btinternet dialup connections reset every 2 hours by the way.

welcome! the mirror thing sounds like a good idea. especially since i'm making a web site as well. talk at you later!

And about the MC Hammer thing. Think of this one, inspired by my no piracy or copyrighted material rule:

DOOM.WRONG.BUTTON.COM - 2 Legit 2 Quit