Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Individualised

Is this subforum new?

35 minutes ago, RastaManGames said:

I wish that we can have more diversed sub-forums...
Like: [Mods], [Maps], [TCs], [Sprites], [Sounds], [Music] and etc.

Also, some tags would be really nice!
Like: <Vanilla>, <Limit-Removing>, <Boom>, <MBF21>, <Hexen>, <UDMF>.

Maybe also something like (1 Map), (1 Episode) or even (Many Maps), I dunno.

And community project may have their own sub-forum too, so they all gonna be gathered in one place and not gonna be covered by tons of custom created content.

After all, in the end of their path, many community project turning into map-packs.

Yes, more classification is needed. I would additionally allocate wads for multiplayer (DM-packs and all that), of which there are actually many.

And a separate sub-forum for Resources, which in turn would be a breakdown with tags <Sprites>, <Music>, <Sounds>, <Code> and all that.

Plus, in addition to the formats of the map has a separate tag <Eternity Exclusive> or something in that spirit.

In general, the more classification the better. It will be much easier to navigate on the forum, as well as the search system will get a second life.

1 hour ago, Dreamskull said:

I think its the same on the overall, but there are changes here and there. What Ive noticed is slick as can be.

What does this even mean? This reminds me of spammers testing the waters but you're a longtime member here.

Hey individualised, do you think its easier to remake and recategorize an entire forum or just rename everything?

Dont answer because its facetious. You can tell what it is by total page number. I was just trying to be fun with a dumb question.

What would I be testing the waters for? The community hasnt changed much.

There are better topics that dont get to page 2. Have you noticed that instead?

You ought to try and look beyond the words on screen. What do you think really motivates the people typing the words?

Do you think that instead of being blatantly rude about things people might want to be playful about how bad it is instead?

Edited by Dreamskull

1 hour ago, Dreamskull said:

Hey individualised, do you think its easier to remake and recategorize an entire forum or just rename everything?

Dont answer because its facetious. You can tell what it is by total page number. I was just trying to be fun with a dumb question.

What would I be testing the waters for? The community hasnt changed much.

There are better topics that dont get to page 2. Have you noticed that instead?

You ought to try and look beyond the words on screen. What do you think really motivates the people typing the words?

Do you think that instead of being blatantly rude about things people might want to be playful about how bad it is instead?

My reply wasn't even hostile so I don't know why you're getting defensive. All I meant was that I didn't see how your post was relevant to my topic, it reminded me of forum spammers posting generic comments that can apply to anything so they can test for a spam filter. I wasn't saying you were one or that you were testing the waters for anything. It was just an observation.

It means I hate the topic. Spam is my gripe, not yours. What youve accused me of is what youre actually doing.

Reminds you of forum spammers, eh? What are you actually doing? Its clearcut that the forums have changed.

I give generic comments for generic topics, tit for tat to show disdain. I dont want to do this and neither should you mr individualised projectionist.

Edited by Dreamskull

There ought to be effort put into topics created on these forums. What are we actually meant to discuss here? Ill let you have last word.

Edited by Dreamskull

2 minutes ago, Dreamskull said:

There ought to be effort put into topics created on these forums. What are we actually meant to discuss here?

The topic was already over. I was making an observation, that you seem to be offended by even though I wasn't saying anything with bad intent. I don't know what your problem is but please stop posting this.

I know I commented before, but now as I think "WAD Releases & Development" is really long, sounds too profesional, "wads and mods" sound much nicer to say and look. Maybe it's just me, I have hard time to adapt to changes. 

50 minutes ago, Dreamskull said:

I give generic comments for generic topics, tit for tat to show disdain. I dont want to do this and neither should you mr individualised projectionist.

I am glad somebody is atleast talking about this wonderful Doom-powered Quake clone:

ss_3c411d70f3b26a6d3a3fb3d2b17e1cb17c9f8

Spoiler

Yeah i am derailing this with something more pleasing to look at than a topic that goes on for two full pages which a PM or a tag in the OP would have fixed anyway.

48 minutes ago, Dreamskull said:

There ought to be effort put into topics created on these forums. What are we actually meant to discuss here? Ill let you have last word.

Whilst i agree, the tit-for-tat is no effort either. Lets talk about Disdain instead.

Any more subforums than this would be a navigation nightmare. It’s honestly pretty visually cluttered as is - I think more tags could be useful though for sure.

(Also how did you guys even find anything to argue about in the world’s most banal thread of all time LOL. Never change, Doomworld…)

Oh my god. The mobile version of the forum software absolutely chewed up and spit out my post. In response to Misty, I agree the name is too long and cumbersome, and just doesn’t look super nice visually on the front page. We had to take “mods” out of it since it was simply the wrong subforum for mods to be posted, but I’m very much open to suggestions.

2 hours ago, Dreamskull said:

oh hahaha, good one. Whats the story with that creation? It looks quite interesting.

@Dreamskull, your profile photo is kicka$$!

Reminds me of this silly evil artwork I put up on my website:

monaBlaskowicz.jpg

Are the tags going to show up on the other sections? They seem to be unique to this spot. Had a look at editing a past thread, and I had no options to assign tags

Tag system is great, and extending it to the mainline WAD Releases & Development subforum with additional tags for different source ports, map genres (community project, slaughter etc.) only makes sense.

4 hours ago, Kinsie said:

Tag system is great, and extending it to the mainline WAD Releases & Development subforum with additional tags for different source ports, map genres (community project, slaughter etc.) only makes sense.

seconded

(maybe complevel tags, too)

On 5/18/2023 at 5:21 PM, prfunky said:

@Dreamskull, your profile photo is kicka$$!

Reminds me of this silly evil artwork I put up on my website:

Thankye

Since MIDIs count as resources, should (some) MIDI threads in Creative Works be moved here? Might have to be on a case-by-case basis but some of the threads, such as mine, Dunn's, or AD_79's are primarily intended as a repository for people to use rather than "hi I made a midi enjoy," so I feel like they're more suited to this subforum now.

On 5/19/2023 at 6:29 AM, Kinsie said:

While I think that tags for map genres would be great (and I'd love to see them) I think some tags that indicate the status of the project would be much more needed - at least in my experiences. Just tags like "Work in Progress", "RC" and "finished/released". I know that many do write this kind of information in the title but a) not everyone does format this in the same way or even puts it in the title, so it's not always easy to scan the forum for new releases without reading every thread title or even clicking many threads and b) it would just be nice to get all the released stuff filtered via one click. (That's of course not an argument against your suggestions, just an additional thought.)