Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Immorpher

Doom 64 Stereo Project

LogoTransparent.png.143091090560445fb5e4da0dbb5009c1.png
Download Version 1.0 Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0qms88i896snph/D64StereoProject.zip?dl=1

This project restores the stereo panning of the Doom 64 soundtrack that was lost on some formats such as for the Doom 64 Remaster midi implementation and some tracker format conversion. Note that this music will not be 100% faithful to the N64 however it is pretty close. You may freely use this music for your modding projects. The download contains two types of files....

MIDIs - Here the soundfont stereo information its transcribed into the midis themselves by parsing the note ranges into separate tracks with the correct panning values. For your convenience a WAD is provided with these midis that immediately work on the Doom 64 Remaster.

Tracker Files - Inspired by @Kinsie's Consolation Prize, the stereo-parsed midis have been converted into two tracker formats (IT and MPTM) compatible with GZDoom. These are small files, without needing a soundfont, and they reproduce the MIDIs accurately without MP3/OGG compression artifacts. They are pretty good for GZDoom-based Doom 64 adaptations and inspired projects!

Check out the readme in the download for methods, software used, and credits. Let me know of any bugs and the methods I use can be applied to custom midis too!

With some really very serious edits, these can be fit into Doom 2 wad. At least some of them.