Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
P_A_Z

Which games are you waiting for ?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1466060/Tainted_Grail_The_Fall_of_Avalon/

So, there is this game that is in Early access.

It looks and sounds to be a lot like the Bethesda styled RPG where you can just wander off and do your own thing, which I feel like there isn't actually enough of those going around (and I really wish there were more, because the Bethesda games kinda lowkey fuckin suck, I say that with thousands of hours in them).

It's too early to tell though, think I'll let everyone else find out if it holds up, there is also potentially Avowed but that trailer, much like Tainted Grail, looked a little rough:

But, much to my despair, it might be entirely up to Starfield to fill that gap.

As for things I'm confident in:

• Looking forward to RoboCop: Rogue City, looks like it will be just the right amount of jank, cheese and quality to make something quite memorable, I love the dedication to the whole walking tank thing they got going on. If anything it can't be worse than the PS2 game or the third movie, if it is then it will have the advantage of being funny to point and laugh at, either way I think I'll enjoy this one way or another.
  • Echo Point Nova is a game in works by the Severed Steel team (Severed Steel being one of my favourites of this decade so far), looks like it will retain the stylish combat loop of Steel and they have the same excellent composer, only reservation is the open world aspect (ugh).
  • Retchid is what looks to be an indie take on Doom 3/Quake 4, looking at it so far it looks delightfully 2004; the corridors, the lighting, the weird abomination looking enemies... It's the best game 2000's Eastern Europe never made. Super looking forward to it.
  • Agent 64: Spies Never Die is exactly what it sounds like, it is essentially Goldeneye 64 or Perfect Dark reimagined for PC, I have played the demo to it and absolutely fell in love.
  • Space Marine 2 has been revealed to have 3 player co-op and I'm all for it, if it is as good as 1 then sign me up right now.
  • Starship Troopers: Extermination, when this gets more content like progression and cosmetic unlocks (hopefully tied to ingame progression and currency, I see a store and I leave) then I will be more than ready to hop in and do my parttm

Frontiers Of Pandora.

Looks incredible so far.

And I hope in the future they'll also expand it with the islands seen in the second film.

9 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

the third movie

Someone here has not seen RoboCop: Prime Directives...

On 5/16/2023 at 10:58 PM, The_SloVinator said:

Rise of the Triad Ludicrous Edition

Only one person looking forward to this so far? Hmm. Surprised there isn't more interest.

5 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

Only one person looking forward to this so far? Hmm. Surprised there isn't more interest.

Same, actually. I thought more folks here would be looking forward to playing Rise of the Triad remaster, since it's gonna be more accessible than ever before, including the console/handheld releases with level editor.

11 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

Unfortunately, I just cannot bring myself to enjoy Rise of the Triad, no matter how hard I try: it is just not as well-designed as Doom and even Duke Nukem 3D. I might get it eventually just for the soundtrack, however! ;)

I thought everything I was after has either dropped recently (or is between small tweaks and small eternities away from being released of its perpetual Early Access hellscape...), but I did come up with a few I'm looking forward to.

On 5/17/2023 at 9:03 AM, Wyrmwood said:

Xeno Tilt - Pinball sequel to Demon Tilt and spiritual sequel to Alien Crush

Advances in technology are nice when they allow for realistic physics and accurate reproductions of real life Stern or Williams tables, but sometimes when playing digital pinball I just want to damn well play digital pinball - warps to bonus tables, extremely mobile toys to bash. Adored the first game with this engine, and am very hype to have another table. I loathe summer in Kyoto, but here I am, pretty much set to head out that way for BitSummit just to play the demo...

Selaco: had way more fun with the demo than expected. It felt like playing FEAR in GZDoom. Visceral. Tactical. Fun.

Assetto Corsa 2: I've logged an obscene amount of miles in the 2014 original, and the driving model in Competizione feels so much more alive, even on a gamepad. So definitely looking forward to seeing the dev team apply that experience to a wider range of cars. And seeing how a modding community that has kept something alive for nine years adapts.

RoTT Ludicrous Edition: Because where else am I gonna get the chance to play with both Jackson and Hulshult's OST's alternating?

11 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

I get the feeling that enthusiasm for the ROTT Remake is going to be greater elsewhere, because I reckon it could primarily be targeting people who have met technical hurdles with it in the past and now just want a "plug-and-play" version, instead of having to faff around trying to get it to run on modern machines, or messing about with source ports. Y'know, stuff that the Doomworld community deals with in their sleep?

Sonic Superstars looks promissing. I'm still getting used to the graphics (which are not as charming as Mania), but boi... this seems like a legit classic experience in 3D!

Music in the video is placeholder:

Edited by Noiser

Most of my games have been ruined, but Im curious to see how Path of Exile 2 goes. Im currently hopping around on game updates here and there. There doesnt seem to be much currently. Not to be THAT guy, but they have Half Life 3 slated for 2025, for real no joke. Ive been waiting on that forever.

Edited by Dreamskull

Cyberpunk Expansion

Stargate Game (forgot the Name)

Starcraft Ghost - a Frankenstein Version treated by Fans as Duke Nukem Forever, because i wouldn't trust the modern Blizzard.

And i want it playable on my PS2 :P

On 6/15/2023 at 3:59 PM, Azuris said:

Starcraft Ghost - a Frankenstein Version treated by Fans as Duke Nukem Forever, because i wouldn't trust the modern Blizzard.

And i want it playable on my PS2 :P

Is there actually some kind of restoration project for StarCraft: Ghost?

4 hours ago, Rudolph said:

Is there actually some kind of restoration project for StarCraft: Ghost?

I think sadly not, at least i was able to play that Leak a few Years ago.
Have to take a Look if can find a newer/better Emulator, Nova was invisible for me haha.

But maybe some Day, there will be a Restoration of what i aviable :)

I'm waiting for a game call beyond citadel 

Just a random Doom like shooter developed by a random Japanese guy

armored core 6, and armored core 6 alone.

i broke my personal code and ended up pre-ordering a AAA video game (you probably don't need to guess) for the first time since destiny (yuck). twenty five days to go.... seems like we might so fucking back, fellow ravens, new and old.

I’m waiting for Blood and Redneck rampage in Linux (without DOSbox).

Why, Quake II Remastered, of course! I know it is out right now, but I am not currently able to play it. :(

I'm also waiting for a little game named Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy. The first and the second were good, i don't like the third. I wish that the developpers are keeping the gameplay of the second, between combat, platformer, and puzzles in a 3d horizontal charming environements. It is for the August 31.

Witchfire, i'm nearly sure that it will be great, it will work with the DLSS 3 without Ray tracing so i think that it will be well optimized.

Gameplay:

The Metal Gear Solid Master Collection. It'd feel so nice, having be able to play these games on PC (I know about the old MGS ports on GOG, but these were some pretty shoddy ports, it was missing features such as vibration, memory card check, etc. on MGS1) without resorting to emulation, that means no potential risk of lag and stutter.

Edited by Panzermann11

The Last of Us part II on PC, that will be a Remake or a Remaster of the Playstation 4 and Port on PC so take care. I said that because the port on PC of the first before patches was semi desastrous. I'm actually playing the remake of the first, it's a fantastic post-apocalyptic adventure game with survival horror, stealth and action elements with a good lifespan. So yes, i wish that the rumors i read on differents gamers websites are true, i'm waiting for it.

fdmj7y.jpg

Edited by P_A_Z

Damn there are so many games coming out that I didn't know fucking existed!

Anyway I'm looking for Tekken 8 but would love to play Sonic Superstars and Sonic Dream Team if they'll be on discount.

Gta 6, Far Cry 7 and Valorant 2, but the last one is theoretical because the current game will be updated over the years, so it's more like a radical update like Counter Strike 2 did.

Yeah, here we go. The official next game of Naughty Dog will be the Remastered version of The Last of Us part II for the 19 january 2024 on Playstation 5. But we don't know if it will be port on PC, so PC gamers like me will be frustrated if it would not, cause the first episode is very very excellent. We want the continuation of the post apocalyptic adventures of Joël and Ellie on our favorite platform.

Edited by P_A_Z

I'm somewhat hyped yet heavily optimistic about the next game ID is working on, whether it be doom or quake. I really really really hope it doesn't turn out to be a disappointment. Just one last good game.