Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The BMFG

Ed Boon Releases Trailer For New Mortal Kombat

about an hour ago as of writing this post ed boon released a trailer for the new MK game

personally im hyped as fuck for this, through i would have preferred a new injustice game, that series needs more love imo

what are yalls opinions on this?

I wonder how many devs are going to get PTSD from being made to look at cartel execution videos THIS time around.

hey, the trailer popped up in my youtube home page recently. I think the trailer looks good, though the choice of using the number one is weird to me. I guess they wanna make it another reboot, but also want to continue at the same time? i dunno

8 minutes ago, lokbustam257 said:

hey, the trailer popped up in my youtube home page recently. I think the trailer looks good, though the choice of using the number one is weird to me. I guess they wanna make it another reboot, but also want to continue at the same time? i dunno

Time Travel Paralel Dimension Stuff going on in Mortal Kombat.

Pretty cool single Player Story and how it is presented, can recommend it!

They did a similar universe reset/sidestep/timey wimey alternate reality thing with MK9 which I played the crap out of back in the day. 
interested to see where this one goes. 

Maybe the game will be good but whoever chose to name it, "Mortal Kombat 1" should be thrown out of a window. Dude literally looked at Xbox One and was like, "OF COURSE!!"

59 minutes ago, Mr Masker said:

Maybe the game will be good but whoever chose to name it, "Mortal Kombat 1" should be thrown out of a window. Dude literally looked at Xbox One and was like, "OF COURSE!!"

My feelings, exactly. I have the same issue with the recent Modern Warfare games.

If anything, this new Mortal Kombat should have been called "Reborn" or something.

1 hour ago, Mr Masker said:

I'm so fucking sick of this refusal to use actual sequel numbers in the game industry. What gives?

Just now, Individualised said:

I'm so fucking sick of this refusal to use actual sequel numbers in the game industry. What gives?

i know right? just call it mk12 for gods sake. now we got like 3 games in the series named just mortal kombat

Nice cinematic, nice voice acting, no gameplay footage in the trailer, and it’s going to be called Mortal Kombat 1. Street Fighter 6. Tekken 8. At least the competition knows how to count, well, somewhat at least. 

They should have just went full Japanese fighting game on the name and call it Mortal Kombat Ultra Turbo Deluxe Special Championship Edition featuring Dante from DMC.

7 hours ago, MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai said:

Cant wait for D´vorah to once again kill fan favorites and get away scot free

if i was a betting man in vegas, id have to say sindel is totally gonna do it again

On 5/18/2023 at 11:15 PM, Mr Masker said:

<sarcasm> This will definitely make looking up the 1992 game much easier. </sarcarsm>

Edited by Panzermann11

MK has a history of wildly inconsistent numbering or lack there of. We went from Mortal Kombat (implicitly 9), to Mortal Kombat X suddenly using roman numerals, and then 12.

Anyway, I was kind of hoping they would have done something else after 12 because that seemed like a good cue to let it rest for a while.

The opening age rating made me chuckle.

"Likely Mature 17+" - yeah of course it will be, it's Mortal Kombat.

"May contain content inappropriate for children" - by "may" you mean "of course it bloody will".

Not a massive fan of gameplay free trailers but it's entertaining enough. Will see what happens when things get closer to release. Good that they appear to be keeping the character designs mostly consistent. Bit disappointing they have not got Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa doing Shang Tsung again. It's not quite the same character without him swallowing the scenery whole like a champ.

2 hours ago, lazygecko said:

MK has a history of wildly inconsistent numbering or lack there of. We went from Mortal Kombat (implicitly 9), to Mortal Kombat X suddenly using roman numerals, and then 12.

This newly announced game is 12, you're thinking of 11.

Edited by Murdoch

Looks promising so far. I just hope they take the story in an interesting direction instead of another alternate timeline retread of the original trilogy.

15 hours ago, The BMFG said:

how are they gonna make this shit run on switch without it turning into a c4

That's the idea. Boon finally gets his revenge on Nintendo after they turned blood to sweat on the SNES port. 

I'm absolutely excited for this. Mortal Kombat is my favorite gaming franchise! I love the super short "reveal-to-release" window. Worst part about these games is how they can sometimes just drag out the reveals and it feels like you're waiting forever. I'm hoping to see some gameplay soon (maybe that Playstation Showcase on the  24th?), but either way, I love the direction so far

I also made this video to celebrate. The guests have (supposedly) been leaked already, but we can cross our fingers, right?

16 hours ago, The BMFG said:

how are they gonna make this shit run on switch without it turning into a c4

Either called the guys who made doom eternal on switch.