Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eurisko

Microsoft Showcase leaked? Quake Reboot?

6 hours ago, CacodemonMan said:

Also announced; "Minecraft 2" and "Doom 6: It's just getting Doomy"

What about changed 2: goopy boogaloo?

12 hours ago, DELTA256 said:

What about changed 2: goopy boogaloo?

Don't forget Tekwar 2: I've just Shatner-ed myself.

or Operation Bodycount 2: Even More Bodies (Super Ultimate Re-Remastered Edition).

8 hours ago, Guff dotD said:

Don't forget Tekwar 2: I've just Shatner-ed myself.

or Operation Bodycount 2: Even More Bodies (Super Ultimate Re-Remastered Edition).

Or the upcoming BAD DRAGON RETRO FPS!!!!

On 5/20/2023 at 6:27 AM, DELTA256 said:

Fake or not, I'm rooting for the halo 3 anniversary. Halo's a microsoft property and was the game that put xbox on the map in 2001, a remake of halo 3 is VERY likely IMO.

Hide contents

of course this shit's going to be fake lmao

Oh god, I hope the give Halo 3 the anniversary treatment. Tho they better put that shit in the MCC (or gamepass) or I ain't buyin'!

Hot take Halo 4 needs some graphical TLC way more than 3 does. Like yeah 3 has the infamous potato faces but have you *seen* some of 4's texture work? There's a bunch of stuff that's horribly compressed until it's blurrier than a 60s UFO photograph that's just standing alongside normally-textured stuff?

Like look at these:

Spoiler

20230309124744_1.jpg.3b14b889073a96fac6c36606d45c7af1.jpg

Spoiler

20211123054241_1.jpg.0e3fdeb7ecaa3205436077478fd0346e.jpg

These are both on maxed out settings on PC.

1 hour ago, Rampy470 said:

Hot take Halo 4 needs some graphical TLC way more than 3 does. Like yeah 3 has the infamous potato faces but have you *seen* some of 4's texture work? There's a bunch of stuff that's horribly compressed until it's blurrier than a 60s UFO photograph that's just standing alongside normally-textured stuff?

Like look at these:

Hide contents

20230309124744_1.jpg.3b14b889073a96fac6c36606d45c7af1.jpg

Hide contents

20211123054241_1.jpg.0e3fdeb7ecaa3205436077478fd0346e.jpg

These are both on maxed out settings on PC.

That literally looks like a bug. Sadly i can't compare but still.

3 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

That literally looks like a bug. Sadly i can't compare but still.

Nope this ain't a bug, the textures are just like that. You can check some vids of it taken on the original 360 too, they've always been that way.

3 hours ago, Rampy470 said:

Nope this ain't a bug, the textures are just like that. You can check some vids of it taken on the original 360 too, they've always been that way.

Shots look aliased too, which i would expect that atleast they are sharp. Hence my doubt.

20 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Shots look aliased too, which i would expect that atleast they are sharp. Hence my doubt.

Oh yeah the aliasing is just because I turned antialiasing off because I don't like how FXAA looks. Forgot about that. Textures would be unaffected by that tho so.

Apparently these discussions are starting up again. People are referring to it as a "remake" which... I'd rather have a Quake 5 that continues the storyline of Quake 1 than one that just retells the same story... but I'd also rather have Quake 5 over no Quake 5.

I would like a Quake "Remake" in terms of Dead Space Remake, where the story is the same but the game differs a little bit.

Rather a reboot, which takes Quake 1 and builds upon it.

I enjoyed Quake I last year and would love seeing something new in this style.

Edited by Kyle07

A remake of Quake should be amazing. Let me dream for a few moment.

I'm pretty sure the Quake Remake/Reboot rumors stem from somebody hearing rumblings of MachineGames doing a Quake thing (which turned out to be the new episode for the Night Dive remaster) and misreading the tea-leaves, with an occasional extra person gluing some made-up extra "details" on top to stand out from the ocean of vague ("I have literally no details but also it has a female protagonist!") to try and gain Internet Credibility.

That they're still rumbling is... interesting. If anything Quake is happening, it's probably not happening at MachineGames, at any rate - between Wolfenstein 3 and Indiana Jones, their dance card looks pretty full.

Well the Microsoft Showcase is done so this ‘leak’ was - as we all anticipated- complete bobbins. 

Whatever id Software is working on, I guess the QuakeCon in August would be the next best opportunity to announce.

49 minutes ago, scalliano said:

Why was Phil wearing a Hexen top..?

Mans wants to spring a jailbreak from the CoD Mines.

2 hours ago, D4NUK1 said:

New leak for the PC Gamer show.

image.png.ad2f7f64db845539fdf1c75bd31becaf.png

I am glad you are realizing its satire.

I never understood the Fallout New Vegas 2 rumors anyway. Why would you want to make a sequel to what is essentially a Fallout 3 standalone expansion? Plus Obsidian is busy with The Outer Worlds 2 right now.

QuakeCon maybe something will be revealed. I feel like it may not be at all what many are expecting to hear though.