Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DM_Workz

TrenchWorkz Facility

Screenshots looks awesome! Great work from what I can tell, and I'm definitely downloading this. Not just because of the map title, but this looks like a great map for the Trench Foot mod as well.

Really enjoyed this one, it looks good, a lot of nice detailes and distinctly looking areas, a lot of secrets

Spoiler

Dopefish, Civvie and Romero references were especially cool

From the gameplay perspective map wasn't superhard but also wasn't a cake walk, hardest fight for me was probably the one in the teleportation control room. Final fight can be really dangerous as well

Spoiler

but secret invul made it way easier. I'm not complaining though :)

Overall a really really cool and fun map, really impressive as your fisrt work and a very good map in general

14 hours ago, John Rain said:

Really enjoyed this one, it looks good, a lot of nice detailes and distinctly looking areas, a lot of secrets

Reveal hidden contents

Dopefish, Civvie and Romero references were especially cool

From the gameplay perspective map wasn't superhard but also wasn't a cake walk, hardest fight for me was probably the one in the teleportation control room. Final fight can be really dangerous as well

Reveal hidden contents

but secret invul made it way easier. I'm not complaining though :)

Overall a really really cool and fun map, really impressive as your fisrt work and a very good map in general

Ah mate, thank you so much! glad to hear you enjoyed it. Also stoked to hear you found those 3 secrets - I was worried that I hid one of them a little too well!

The Teleport control room went through a few iterations before I was happy with it - Its chaotic, which I was going for, but quite manageable when you take advantage of infighting.

Thanks again for the comment / feedback! 

15 hours ago, Shulbocka said:

Screenshots looks awesome! Great work from what I can tell, and I'm definitely downloading this. Not just because of the map title, but this looks like a great map for the Trench Foot mod as well.

Cheers, I'd love to hear what you think after playing! 

I haven't tried it with Trenchfoot yet so couldn't say - utterly brilliant Mod though.

14 hours ago, princetontiger said:

This looks wicked. I can't wait to play later today!

Hope you enjoy! lemme know what you think after, good or bad, I'm looking to improve my doom-craft  :P 

Oh man, this is a terrific map. I adore the texture work and theming, the level progression is straightforward but engaging and the easter egg secrets (that I found anyways) were a real treat. Nicely done, fam.

3 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Oh man, this is a terrific map. I adore the texture work and theming, the level progression is straightforward but engaging and the easter egg secrets (that I found anyways) were a real treat. Nicely done, fam.

Mate thank you so much for recording your playthrough! it was really cathartic getting to watch someone play through the whole thing start to finish and hearing your thoughts as you went! 

So the missing Texture errors - I'll need to look into, I think thats some of my Dev textures I forgot to fully remove. The Random Triangles and squares you saw on the AutoMap are linedefs I used for 3D room trickery that I forgot to "hide" I've just fixed that now and re-uploaded. Rookie mistake that didn't occur to me until you saw them! 

I hear your point on the SSG - It was a purposeful choice to hold it back for so long - though now I'm wondering if it would work well as a reward for the Yellow Key rather than the Red key... that way the player would have it before the Trenchworks... I'll have a play with that Idea and see how it feels! 

Once again, I really appreciate you playing this and providing your honest feedback! All the best! 

9 hours ago, princetontiger said:

Hey man, this map is terrific. I want to see more people play through this. it's a gem.

Thats really kind of you to say - thank you! 

Pretty nice! I really liked the little bits of Doomcute and the scripts when some machines are pressed, not to mention the Civvie and Romero Easter Eggs. Also, very nice Arch-vile placement near the last key, along with generally well-staged encounters!

9 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

Pretty nice! I really liked the little bits of Doomcute and the scripts when some machines are pressed, not to mention the Civvie and Romero Easter Eggs. Also, very nice Arch-vile placement near the last key, along with generally well-staged encounters!

Thank you so much for playing this through! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Its so cool to actually watch someone play though the map - its surreal for me! 

I'm thinking of changing the SSG room to being a reward for the Yellow key - as a few people have mentioned now that it would of been useful sooner. 

I'm suddently very self concious about the Music - truth be told I haven't learned how to change it yet + am a little new to the community so didn't realise its a bit lame to use the basic tunes!! I'll learn this for my next map :P 

Glad you enjoyed the ArchVile encounter! I'd love to hear if there where any encounters you thought could be improved? 

Once again, thankyou so much for playing my Map. really made my day! :) 

41 minutes ago, DM_Workz said:

I'm suddently very self concious about the Music - truth be told I haven't learned how to change it yet

For this sort of map, you might consider using ambient sounds instead of music. It might be more appropriate because your map is pushing towards Half-Life in terms of atmosphere, detail and realism

You can add a line in the MAPINFO lump that disables player jumping as well, in-case you want to absolutely prevent players from skipping progression accidentally

2 hours ago, RDETalus said:

For this sort of map, you might consider using ambient sounds instead of music. It might be more appropriate because your map is pushing towards Half-Life in terms of atmosphere, detail and realism

You can add a line in the MAPINFO lump that disables player jumping as well, in-case you want to absolutely prevent players from skipping progression accidentally

Thank you! I've watched a MAPINFO tutorial and implemented some changes including some Dark Ambient, and disabling Jump/Crouch. 

I really appreciate your advice here. 

17 hours ago, DM_Workz said:

implemented some changes including some Dark Ambient

This is definitely a huge improvement over the default MAP01 music. It absolutely works for establishing a mood in the beginning sections of the map.

7 hours ago, Clippy said:

excellent map thanks for superb recommendation @Biodegradable]

@Clippy,mate, thank you so much for playing through this! and thanks again @Biodegradable for the recommendation! I think the SSG being behind the Yellow Key seems to work a little better - locking it behind Red was a little too late in the game.

I've got some notes to take away for some final improvements based on listening to you both play;  

1. Add a teleporter to return to the main area for secret hunting.

2. Add a switch to lower the bars in the trench works if you go back around (rookie mistake).

3. Fix the misaligned texture in the Teleporter room.

4. Look into some punchier music. 

I'm still amazed anyone is giving my first map the time of day - The feedback I've gotten from this community so far has been just brilliant. Now to start working on the follow up I suppose!  :D 

On 6/3/2023 at 3:52 PM, Rex705 said:

The skybox won't work for me do I need a custom texture pack to play this?

Hey man - the skybox wont work if you are using software rendering mode in GZdoom. 

you'll want to play it in Open GL 

image.png.74b987ddac071b5ae55b18136a17278f.png

On 6/10/2023 at 10:40 AM, Custom Longplay said:

Project Brutality 3.0 - Doom 2 - Map: #0305 - Trenchworks Facility - [4K60ᶠᵖˢ]

Wow, it certainly is a very different experince when played with Project Brutality huh? 

Glad to see I caught you with my anti 'door fighting' ticks a few times! Hope you enjoyed it the map overall. 

Any feedback for me?

yooo, thanks for the map! Dark, trenchie, body horror, also i love a good chaingunnin zombie horde segments! Plenty of ammo, a bunch of secrets, and cool use of vertical combat throughout. Lookin forward to future maps !