Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GreenSlayer

(Not taking submissions rn) Submit your maps here and I will make a video about it!

Hello fellow Slayers! Consider this a branch of @thelamp's thread which you can find here (great thread btw):

It's so nice to see great community creations, and we want them to keep coming! We want to give as much feedback as possible so feel free to drop your maps with both of us! I prefer using GZDoom and playing vanilla, but you can send any source port. You may submit any map you'd like, your own or others, but follow criteria obviously (No over the top stuff like Deus Vault and Okuplok and no terrywads. jokewads that aren't terry are fine tho.) I will like your comment to let you know I read it. The map author's names will be in the description of the videos I make. If the requests get too flooded, I will do a livestream on my Youtube channel and play them all there. Be sure to list/keep mind of these when submitting a map:
1. Source Port
2. Map Number#
3. Map Name
4. Difficulty (Please don't submit over the top hard stuff like Okuplok, No Chance, Swim With the Whales exc)
5. How many maps is it (I'm only taking single maps right now, so if it's part of a set or megawad, please specify what map you'd like me to play)
6. Map Format and what source ports it won't work on.
7. IWAD or other required files
8. Any other important things or details
Also, let me know if you'd like to remain anonymous in the video, as I want to respect people's privacy.
Thanks in advance for submitting maps! :)

Edited by GreenSlayer

Couple of years ago I have made a single map for GZdoom featuring decorative voxel items, some spatial paradox stuff and a custom mp3 track. You can play it if you want.

1. Source Port: GZDoom

2. Map Number#: 1

3. Name: Kshetra Keep.

4. Difficulty: Easy.

5. How many maps is it: one map.

6. I think it will not work on anything else.

7. IWAD: Doom 2.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bv7fkyqlkjdblv7/KSHETRAKEEP.wad?dl=0

You can find more detailed information in the forum thread 

Thelamp already played these so I'll post em here :)  I would love more videos of my first Map set.  

1. Source port: prBoom or DSDA cl9 

2.Maps: 1-3

3.Name: BloodGrave

4 Difficulty: medium, has slaughter at times.

5. 3 total maps. Length increases as you go.  

6. Should work on any limit removing port that can do boom

7. DOOM2 iwad

I'll bite. I'm working on a wad of unknown length telling a continuous story, though I only have some mostly disjointed pieces a this time. My progress has slowed to a crawl due to circumstances both foreseen and unforeseen. Lack of motivation is fairly low on the list, but seeing someone play what I have to far could galvanize me a bit, maybe.

1. Source port: GZDoom is fine. Designed with freelook in mind, but it's not strictly required at any point. No jumping - it would break stuff.

2. Map #: See below
3. Name: So far I'm calling the wad "Abduction", though that is likely to change.
4. Difficulty: I'm aiming at slightly above what I would consider comfortable, not being a super good doom player, so I'm going to say "medium", with some spikes perhaps. Difficulty levels are implemented.
5. How many: Three and a half, I guess. Though I only expect you to play the first two, unless you really like what you see. More below

6. Tested on a variety of sourceports. There are some very minor issues in some of the maps and GZDoom is the safest bet, but anything Boom and  UMAPINFO compatible should be mostly fine.
7. IWAD: Just Doom 2. Vanilla textures only (so far).

Contents of the wad:

MAP01 - Opening map, quite short and simple until the final fight which might be a bit overtuned. Or a lot.

MAP02 - This one is going to fit somewhere in the middle of the wad and is the one map I'm 100% happy about. I'd probably consider it finished if it was a standalone thing. Note that you start looking at both shotguns and some shells - that's to simulate continuous play. If you're a pistol starter just ignore them. The map is quite possible to UV max without them.

MAP03 - My very first map which inspired the whole wad. A bit rough around the edges and probably won't make the final cut, but I'm including it anyway. Meant to be pistol started, as it was designed as a standalone thing. Note that shooting a line of barrels is required to progress at one point - something I've since learnt not to do.

MAP09 - The map I'm currently working one, continuing directly from MAP01. First half is mostly finished (even though parts may need some work). I put a teleporter switch (with exit sign) in the unfinished part - this takes you to what is going to be end of the map eventually. Though it's empty right now, with an exit linedef at the end. Included because I couldn't be bothered to remove it from the wad.

MAP32 - A proof of concept thingie consisting of 28 linedefs and no exit. No idea if I'm going to ever use it. Good for a laugh, I think.

More info here (as if this comment isn't long enough already).

Edit: Forgot to link the wad =D

GET THE MOST RECENT VERSION HERE

1. Source port: Tested with crispy doom, no freelook and no jumping is advised.
2. Map Number: MAP01, MAP02, MAP03, MAP04.
3. Map Name: Red, if you mean the wad name. Entrance, Ambushed, Encircled and Camp if you mean the map names.
4. Difficulty: Average
5. How many maps is it: 4
6. Sources Ports: Should work on anything except Dosbox.
7. IWAD or other required files: Doom II

red.zip

2 hours ago, GreenSlayer said:

@Treehouseminis This video took forever to render, lol. Thanks for submitting a map! :)

Haha awesome, loved the commentary.  Very entertaining.  Also saves are don't make you a noob imo, I still used saves on my own maps lol.  Map02 steps up the difficulty, more cramped spaces.  Thanks for the video! 

Thanks! That was awesome and very useful. That last fight is definitely way overtuned. I'm thinking either micromanaging the teleporters to a large degree to make the enemies come in manageable waves and from alternating directions using a bunch of voodoo dolls and logic gates. Or maybe just give the player blue armour at the beginning. That would work too. I promise the next map is much more fair than this.

The red key was suspended in one of the cages - I need to make it more prominent. Other than that your thoughts as you progressed through the map were pretty much exactly what I was going for which is great.

The original concept of the map was "death by doomcute" - distract the player with neat little details until their radsuit runs out. I'm quite pleased this worked perfectly in your case. Also happy you fell of the cliff that one time =P

21 minutes ago, Klear said:

Thanks! That was awesome and very useful. That last fight is definitely way overtuned. I'm thinking either micromanaging the teleporters to a large degree to make the enemies come in manageable waves and from alternating directions using a bunch of voodoo dolls and logic gates. Or maybe just give the player blue armour at the beginning. That would work too. I promise the next map is much more fair than this.

The red key was suspended in one of the cages - I need to make it more prominent. Other than that your thoughts as you progressed through the map were pretty much exactly what I was going for which is great.

The original concept of the map was "death by doomcute" - distract the player with neat little details until their radsuit runs out. I'm quite pleased this worked perfectly in your case. Also happy you fell of the cliff that one time =P

It was fun to play! Imo, I think that cliff I fell off could be a cool secret or something or maybe an extension to the map? It was greatly designed for sure and the creative use of the distractions and the rad suit subverted my expectations!

I didn't want to add any secrets because you're prevented from backtracking after the final fight begins (I crush some decorative enemies on the other side of the cliff). There are two shitty non-secrets though, both giving a single armour bonus. The area behind the lava river you fell into is going to be revisited in a later level, so when that's done, I'll come back to this level and make that part into something more interesting to look at at least.

1. Source port: Zandronum
2. Map Number: MAP27
3. Map Name: Omega_297
4. Difficulty: Invasion (Hard)
5. How many maps is it: Just the one
6. IWAD: TNT

Please load with its accompanying beastiary and any version of Brutal Doom. If its too much for you, dont feel too bad about it. Good Luck!

Thank you.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/whsu6irieya2wo5/UAC+HQ.wad/file

1. Source Port - GZ or LZDoom
2. Map Number #01
3. Map Name - UAC HQ
4. Difficulty - Difficulty levels are implemented, should be fairly moderate on UV, there are plenty of health pickups also
5. How many maps is it - One map
6. Sources Ports - I guess you mean the format? It's a UDMF map
7. IWAD or other required files - Doom 2
8. Any other important things or details - ...

3 minutes ago, Tangra666 said:

Thank you.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/whsu6irieya2wo5/UAC+HQ.wad/file

1. Source Port - GZ or LZDoom
2. Map Number #01
3. Map Name - UAC HQ
4. Difficulty - Difficulty levels are implemented, should be fairly moderate on UV, there are plenty of health pickups also
5. How many maps is it - One map
6. Sources Ports - I guess you mean the format? It's a UDMF map
7. IWAD or other required files - Doom 2
8. Any other important things or details - ...

Thank you for helping me catch that I put "Source Ports" twice lol. It's been edited now, but I look forward to your map!

@GreenSlayer

Hello, would you like to playtest a map i made for Mayhem2023?

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2651381

nh_mayhem2023.7z <- dowload

Map Title:

Dark Avenues

Author:

NeedHealth

Source Port

prboom+(-complevel 9)
 Map Number

MAP01
 Difficulty

Medium.
How many maps is it

1 map
Map Format and what source ports it won't work on.

wad file *.wad and it won't work in vanilla / chockolate doom
IWAD or other required files

Doom2.wad and this texture pack https://www.doomworld.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=237088

You can mention my username in the video.

Please ask if you have any questions! Cheers!

screengrab:

Spoiler

4RaIJYT.png

@ThreeStripes Hey, sorry it took me so long to get to yours. When I played it I was still using the first version of it, but I will play the new version when I'm able to. I'm sorry If I sound like I complained or didn't like MAP02 at the end, it's honestly not my cup of tea but it is definitely ambitious! Overall, the first map is solid and I liked it, so I'll make it up to you when I play the newer versions, I swear! =)

8 hours ago, GreenSlayer said:

@ThreeStripes Hey, sorry it took me so long to get to yours. When I played it I was still using the first version of it, but I will play the new version when I'm able to. I'm sorry If I sound like I complained or didn't like MAP02 at the end, it's honestly not my cup of tea but it is definitely ambitious! Overall, the first map is solid and I liked it, so I'll make it up to you when I play the newer versions, I swear! =)

Thank you so much for playing and I'm glad you enjoyed it! There have been some changes since the version you played, the room with all the hornbeast with the icon of sin in MAP02 was an error in design and was not meant to end the level. In the newest version it was replaced. All the music featured in Shadow Crusade has the rights paid for. The music featured throughout is the Valor and Villainy music pack. I do hope you continue playing the additional three extra levels featured in the latest release.

Oh no, that yellow key switch... I thought i double checked the switches, damn. Fixed it already, thanks for the video, and for spotting that issue.

This is my 6th map, if i don't count some 2-3 scrapped maps that went nowhere. It's not a final version, just like my other maps it won't be a final deal until i release my first episode officially. I might tone down all of the maps at the end, because i'm getting more criticism than praise over the difficulty. :D

I thought you were accepting only one map per user, but looks like i was wrong? Here, you can try this one if you want, it's more traditional tech base stuff, with some extra details here and there. I think you'll like that one better. I won't request any more maps for now, because my other ones can be a bit extreme at times.

1. Source Port - GZ or LZDoom
2. Map Number #01
3. Map Name - Aqua Externa
4. Difficulty - Difficulty levels are implemented.
5. How many maps is it - One map
6. IWAD or other required files - Doom 2

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bt1wltqwna57b2n/Aqua+Externa.wad/file

Source port: Chocolate Doom (But you can use GZDoom with software renderer)

Map Number: MAP01

Map Name: ASDC

Difficulty: Hard

IWAD: Doom II

Special: Add -dehlump parameter so dehacked works.

asdc.zip

Oh we got another one eh? Hmmmm. *sparks up a cigar* If you are interested in playing some Ultimate Doom i got a wad for ya. I am still currently finishing the last two maps of episode 2 as we speak but feel free to at least do Episode 1 and parts of Episode 2 of it. I will provide some info on it:

Name: Abandon: Shadows of darkness

Map(s) : E1M1-E1M9, E2M1, E2M3, E2M4, E2M8 & E2M9. (note: E2M5 is done but there are no enemies in it. E2M6 is currently being worked on and E2M7 is the last one i'm working on)

IWAD: Ultimate Doom

Source Port: DSDA Doom (all though you can use GZDoom but DSDA is preferred)

Difficulty: Depends on which difficulty your playing on.

Special / Dehacks: None but in the full release of episode 2 i did add a new title, ep names and re colored the difficulty names which will be changed later as well.

Link to WAD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15fdixt7mL_XE0SrX6EO2mbeW1vCMSNsf/view?usp=share_link

I am looking for feedback on this since i do plan on remaking a few maps in episode 1 again. Also Thelamp has played through this doom 1 mega wad set :)