Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zopawa

Deathmatch Mapper needed for job

If you're interested, can you please make me a WWI themed deathmatch map, that has player spawns placed well, so its balanced?

SPAWNID: 2 = AXIS

SPAWNID: 1 = ALLIES

There will be no pay, just for fun if you want a side project.

Send a WAD file when you're done, do not use UDMF format, use Vanilla ZDoom format.

Well this post is going to go down like a lead balloon. Dude, don't ask people to build a mod for you for nothing. That's not going to happen and you're going to piss people off to boot.

I hardly think extremely narrow trenches / tunnels would work well for any kind of viable D2 DM.

Rocket launcher would be nearly unusable. BFG would be extremely abusable - where are you going to hide from tracers in a straight narrow trench?

So that's two weapons that are almost useless / broken.

And like @Murdoch said - it's a little much to ask someone to spend hours on something for nothing. If you were contributing some stuff of your own, that'd be a different story, I think - people would be able to tell if joining up / making the mod for you, would be worth their time if you contributed something of your own for us to see.

I'll be expecting a check in the mail within the coming days.

Works on -complevel 3

Also I made the spawnid "Central" rather than Axis. As I assume you're going for true realism, you should know that the Axis powers were from WWII, not WWI.

wwi.zip

Edited by Ludi

2 hours ago, Ludi said:

I'll be expecting a check in the mail within the coming days.

Works on -complevel 3

Also I made the spawnid "Central" rather than Axis. As I assume you're going for true realism, you should know that the Axis powers were from WWII, not WWI.

wwi.zip

Not a Rick Roll? Disappointing.

I'll be brutally honest with you, this is a competitive gig. We are a bitter and desperate bunch and the instant the phrase "make a map for me" is uttered, we're clawing and scratching each other just for the opportunity of a single commission! It can get quite bloody. One time, someone brought an RPG. It didn't end well for anyone. So I guess what I'm saying is, we've killed ourselves too much to take this so-called 'free' commission.
'

A trench style level could be done, but not in the style of WW1. A level with 4 trenches, and a “no man’s land” that the trenches circle around to make a square, this could be a damaging floor area with a touch plate in the center. All of the helpful items and weapons are scattered in NML, and the touch plate opens the gates between each trench. Could have some sort of tunnel system wrapping around each tench too and some defensive pill boxes in front of each trench for snipers to shoot across the trenches and into NML. Not sure if that would translate to fun gameplay but I imagine something like this has been done decades ago already. 

39 minutes ago, LadyMistDragon said:

I'll be brutally honest with you, this is a competitive gig. We are a bitter and desperate bunch and the instant the phrase "make a map for me" is uttered, we're clawing and scratching each other just for the opportunity of a single commission! It can get quite bloody. One time, someone brought an RPG. It didn't end well for anyone. So I guess what I'm saying is, we've killed ourselves too much to take this so-called 'free' commission.
'

All the submitted maps will be included seperately, the server host can just choose one they like.

13 minutes ago, Zopawa said:

All the submitted maps will be included seperately, the server host can just choose one they like.

You need a new sarcasm detector.

30 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

You need a new sarcasm detector.

just like my computer needs a new gpu...

2 hours ago, Zopawa said:

i just suck at mapping thats why

So maybe you should learn. I mean, DB1 isn't bad at all, and you can make some pretty decent maps with it, plenty of people have. I made a few Blood style levels with it in the mid 00's, and they turned out pretty well. It was a godsend when it was released. It's not the same as DB2, but if you buckle down you can make the map you want.

However, asking people to just make you a level is going to leave a bad taste in their mouths. If you want them to join a project, you'll have to show what you can contribute to the project, and what you've done so far. If you can't contribute, don't expect people to do all the work for you, or just make a map out of the kindness of their hearts. If you can't take the time to learn how to make better maps, why should anyone take the time to make it for you?

13 hours ago, Jello said:

So maybe you should learn. I mean, DB1 isn't bad at all, and you can make some pretty decent maps with it, plenty of people have. I made a few Blood style levels with it in the mid 00's, and they turned out pretty well. It was a godsend when it was released. It's not the same as DB2, but if you buckle down you can make the map you want.

However, asking people to just make you a level is going to leave a bad taste in their mouths. If you want them to join a project, you'll have to show what you can contribute to the project, and what you've done so far. If you can't contribute, don't expect people to do all the work for you, or just make a map out of the kindness of their hearts. If you can't take the time to learn how to make better maps, why should anyone take the time to make it for you?

All i've done is make weapons for the WAD, i'm just really into history, and I don't know how to map well, as in, I can't really set good atmospheres with maps, which is probably what a WWI wad should have.

It's fine i can probably try myself, i'll post my progress here